“Best Indian Food so far in omaha”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Paradise Biryani Point
Ranked #766 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Finally arrived at Paradise Biryani after Dhaba closed. When i entered i got the real indian food flavour from sunday buffet. They have lot many varieties in the buffet. Especially idly, chicken chettinad and the goat curry was really very good taste. My wife ate all veg curries and said she liked those. Service was ok. I will go there again with my friends. I have to try their Hydrabadi Dum Biryani.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

OK Food, Painfully slow service, Poor customer service, over priced!
So went there for dinner. About 20 minutes after being seated someone showed up with menu cards. No paapadam.., no water.
We asked for water and it took another 20 mins to arrive. This time we did not want to let them go, so we ordered.
What seemed striking was, the waitress was more interested in cleaning the empty tables, than taking orders from customers that are already seated and patiently waiting.
The appetizer came about 40 minutes later and the wrong dish came out. We had to convince the server for 10 minutes to atleast check with the chef that she got the wrong dish out. Finally she agreed, she came back and said, she got the wrong dish, but she knew it anway!! Then why did she bring it out in the first place? And why did she insist she got the right dish? AND NO, She did not offer to replace it.
Since we were there for almost over an hour, we decided to eat it anyway!! (Read, we were starving by then!!)
Now its time for the entrees. The bread we ordered had a different description on the menu card; it looked and tasted different in the plate. So here we go again, this time, the owner came and said, we got the right bread, the menu is wrong!! Really!!!!!!!!!!!
When we asked about the appetizer, she said, she was pretty sure the chefs made the right dish, but may be the waitress took the order wrong?? Well, the point is, we don't care who made the mistake, the waitress or the chef, bottomline is wrong dish at the table!!! And NO, she did not offer to replace/re-make or anything either...
All in all it was a bad dining experience. We are not planning to go there anymore. The food is over priced; there are comparable Indian restuarents in the area with similar food selection, priced way much lesser than Paradise. And yes, any place wiil have a better customer serice than this place...
I say thank you but no thank you!!

3  Thank Meghana R
Reviewed January 6, 2013

although the food was tasty/ and well prepared ..we tried the 8 course week-end special which came to us in a series of 8 bowls-and the prices for the selection quite reasonable..and the staff very accommodating -the service was "poor" at best as we waited a good 30" for the meal (suggest the staff/owner put nan or some snacks on the table while customers are waiting), the wait staff did not know the Indian dishes she was serving and frankly she was not very attentive/or perhaps trained as she did not offer another beer, or and waited until our meal was over before she offered more water..frankly we expect a lot more from a "chain"..

Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food was delicious. The buffet had a nice variety of choices, and all seemed fresh. Fresh items were being brought out. Very impressive. I would have liked to had a bit bigger bowl or cup for my soup. The "bowls" provided were 4 ounce ramekins, and just did not hold enough. The servers were slow, and it took about 5 minutes to get our drinks after we had started eating. I have no idea why they keep the tiki hut thatch surroundings in an Indian restaurant. It looks nothing like what most people would expect to find in an Indian restaurant. When we were done eating, we did not receive our bill, and after about 10 minutes I finally just walked up to the register and paid. Definitely an upgrade from the restaurant that used to be here, but still some work to do.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I went on a monday to try their lunch buffet. Unfortunately, it is not served on mondays. Instead I ordered an apppetizer and some soup. The mulligarawny soup was delicious. The appetizer I ordered was the vegetable samosas. The were absolutely incredible. The outside was fried perfectly crispy and the inside was delicious. The dipping sauce they served with it complimented the flavor perfectly. It was spicy but not overly so. I will be going back soon to try the lunch buffet.