“Unexpected Quality in Omaha”

Shucks Fish House and Oyster Bar
Ranked #54 of 1,343 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Have you been to the Gulf Coast or New England and liked the feel of a good old-fashioned Oyster Bar? Well, we brought one back for you! Featuring Oysters on the Half Shell, shucked right in front of you. Shrimp or Oyster Po' Boys, Walleye, Fried Clam Strips, Shrimp, Calamari and Oysters (thinnest breading in town). Plus Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder, Gumbo, wide selection of Salads, and daily FRESH FISH specials.
DENVER
“Unexpected Quality in Omaha”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

In Omaha for an overnight on a road trip and found this very good place. What really made it for me is that it's attached to a fish market so I knew I could count on something good and I was not disappointed. I had the oyster sampler as well as peel and eat shrimp and a couple of martinis. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Visited November 2013

“Just so so!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Oysters on half shell were very good for the price. 75 cents each during happy hour. Also order fried oyster plate. They didn't taste fresh. They honestly tasted like and looked like they come in frozen already battered and fried. Served with a hash brown type thing that wasn't very good either. Te slaw was good. We also ordered a shrimp tempura plate that wasn't very good really either it was just so so. I know we aren't on the gulf or ocean so it's hard to expect fresh seafood but when they advertise it that way you expect it. The only thing that was maybe fresh would be the oysters on the half shell cause they were pretty good. Maybe it we just a bad night I dunno. Service was pretty good. Atmosphere is more like a bar but there is a separate seating area.

• Visited August 2013
Nebraska
“Real seafood!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My parents owned a seafood restaurant in Louisiana and every time they come visit they want to go to Shucks! The food is delicious, they have a nice variety, friendly service, delicious ice tea, and the prices are reasonable, especially for seafood!

Visited August 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
“Oysters with friends and family”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I love going to Shucks for oysters and the shrimp poor boy sandwich. I made a special effort to take my family on the same trip. I had Cornstalker beer with my oysters and again with my poor boy sandwich. My daughter had the pasta with clams dish. She really liked it.

• Visited August 2013
Moline, IL
“It is a bar with good food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We had good crab legs and jumbalaya. We would go back again. The service was outstanding. The price reasonable.

• Visited July 2013