“Fresh Oysters in the MidWest!”

Shucks Fish House and Oyster Bar
Ranked #70 of 1,356 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Have you been to the Gulf Coast or New England and liked the feel of a good old-fashioned Oyster Bar? Well, we brought one back for you! Featuring Oysters on the Half Shell, shucked right in front of you. Shrimp or Oyster Po' Boys, Walleye, Fried Clam Strips, Shrimp, Calamari and Oysters (thinnest breading in town). Plus Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder, Gumbo, wide selection of Salads, and daily FRESH FISH specials.
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Fresh Oysters in the MidWest!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went during happy hour and we got a great deal. The oyster were fresh and sweet and we were impressed with the Scallops too.

It has a relaxing atmosphere and the service was good. The fish market was part of the restaurant but it seems that we went during a slow time so not a big selection was available.

I liked the ambiance and we were surprised to find this quality of oysters in the heartland.

• Visited August 2012

“Great food, great value!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Do not come here if you are looking for a fancy expensive restaurant. This restaurant provides great seafood and great service at a reasonable price in a casual atmosphere. My husband & I both had the lobster bisque and blackened cod. The cod was pretty spicy but we both enjoyed it. It was nice to be able to enjoy a nice piece of fish in Omaha that wasn't fried and wasn't expensive. The servers were very attentive & friendly so we never had to wait for anything.

• Visited February 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent Place for Seafood”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is exactly my kind of place. Low key place with excellent service and food at the right price. Reminds me of something straight out of New England. We started with mussels, which were excellent. My wife had the salmon and I had the shrimp po boy, both of which hit the spot. I usually only eat seafood when I'm traveling to the coast, but I now have a new place to grab seafood in Omaha. Highest recommendation if you're looking for excellent seafood and modest atmosphere.

• Visited January 2013
Omaha, USA
“Humble setting, nice seafood selection”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

All three Shucks locations are casual, but the location on Leavenworth is the most informal of the bunch. It's like a bar that happens to have an excellent seafood selection. The best aspects of Shucks are its extensive menu and reasonable prices. The preparation is never particularly memorable, but it's never bad either.

On our most recent visit on a Saturday night, my wife had the Fettucine Alfredo with Crab, and I had the Barbecue Prawns. I didn't think hers had much crab meat, but she insisted it was the best dish she'd eaten in months. My shrimp were decent, but the highlight was the lightly breaded and fried green beans.

I was pleased that they used real plates and silverware. On previous visits to the west Omaha locations, paper plates and plastic silverware were in use. Now if they would provide basic cloth napkins instead of cheap paper ones, I'd be even happier.

If you are looking for atmosphere and experience, go somewhere else. If you want a wide selection of seafood, including some types that are relatively hard to find in Omaha, Shucks is a strong choice.

• Visited January 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome food!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

They don't always have snow crab legs, but what ever they serve is delicious! The seafood is as fresh as it can be this far from the shore.

Visited May 2012

Been to Shucks Fish House and Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!