“Maybe the best burger in Omaha....”
Review of Dinker's Bar

Dinker's Bar
Ranked #21 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Some co-workers and i had lunch at Dinkers and really enjoyed their burgers. I had the double cheeseburger with bacon and smoked cheddar cheese with grilled onions. The two patties are very thick and it's almost impossible to eat without having to take off one of the patties. The burgers are cooked to order - I prefer medium - and one orders at the counter in the back. The drinks are then ordered at the bar. So, you have to go up to the bar for refills unless one of the two or three servers ask you if you need a refill. The menu is large. Lots of lunch and dinner options other than burgers. My group went with the burgers and everyone was very impressed. I have been to Stellas and enjoyed my lunch their, but I would rate Dinkers as better. Why? Mainly because Stellas patties have no taste to them other than being beef. Dinkers uses spices on their patties and that gives them a better taste IMO. Dinkers is a bar type restaurant so expect there to be limited seating although everyone had a seat at noon on a Tuesday in the spring. The fries were not very good. Too soft and undercooked. Go for the burgers and enjoy. A double burger with fries and a soda will run you around $11.00.

2  Thank AlexanderDelarge

Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is my first choice when I am craving burgers and fries. Stella's is also great but Dinker's is just a cut above in my opinion. Old style bar/eating establishment with a neighborhood feel. Not a great deal of parking is the only downside. Year after year this place lives up to it's reputation. It's very popular when the College World Series rolls into town. A must for any traveler to Omaha.

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Found this place when we asked someone at Stella's (great place also) where was another place for a burger. This has been here for years and hasn't changed much. Grandson of the owner is now at the grill. You order at the grill counter and then order your drink at the bar. We had two burgers, they both were outstanding. A little hard to find but worth it.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Colleague and I were told by locals that this was the place to go on the east side of Omaha. We were staying up by the airport and it only took us 8 minutes to get there. Definitely use GPS because 29th street parallels 480 but only for a block - the block that the bar is on. I'm not sure what I expected but it is a bar atmosphere. There are tables, the kind you find in any local bar across the country. We went on a weds night when there was no college sporting events taking place. I'm glad we picked this night, there were plenty of seats available as I understand it, when there is a game......you won't get a table. When you walk in, go straight go the back to order your food, there is a small sign above the counter where you need to order. CASH ONLY! They give you a number to set on the table and then you have to go to the bar to get a drink. Kind of tedious, but they don't need servers so they can keep the cost down. The menu was a good mix of food. Burgers weren't the only thing but that was a large chunk of the menu. Thats what we went for, so I didn't need to look at the other items available. The "Haystack" is the most popular....I wasn't in the mood for ham and egg on my burger so I did not order that one. I did order a bacon cheeseburger and their homemade onion rings. The patties are 7oz according to the menu and while not seasoned, still had plenty of flavor. The onion rings are not the kind you find at a chain restaurant that are thick and stiff. There was no mistaking these for homemade, though most of mine were not rings, more like pieces of onion.
Overall, once I got over the "you aren't from around here are ya" stares and concentrated on the Chicago Blackhawks on TV, I thoroughly enjoyed this place. I will definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a good burger, a local place, and casual.

2  Thank storm0926
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great local bar/restaurant with excellent burgers. An enjoyable place to meet with fellow Creighton supporters, and meet fans before, during and after the game.