“Fine Dining with the Family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of J Coco

J Coco
Reserve with OpenTable
J Coco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 1,337 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 52nd Street and Leavenworth Street
Shawnee, Oklahoma
“Fine Dining with the Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Last night we had one of the finest meals we've had in a long time. J Coco's is a Fine Family Restaurant. My wife and I took our daughter, her husband and two grandkids, age 8 and 10, to J Coco's for dinner last night. We were met at the door by a friendly and helpful hostess and promptly seated. The server was there to take our drink order immediately. The server was very helpful with the menu explaining each and every item. They have a great menu for the children. It's not so long that the kids have trouble determining what they want but there enough items on it to fit most kids needs and wants. The kids both had Mac and Cheese, one with salad and one with fries, they had enough to fill up last night and have it for lunch again today. My wife had a Sea Bass Special which looked really good and she said it was. I had the Cubano Sandwich. I love these type sandwiches and order them often. This was the best one I have ever had. I also had two Margaritas and they were also excellent. I hope our daughter takes us back soon.

• Visited June 2013

Wichita, Kansas
“Excellent place for dinner - recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Outstanding menu choices and execution of said offerings. We started with sea scallops in corn pudding with truffled honey - excellent. The signature salad had a unique dressing that made the typical greens .... untypical. The rib eye had an Irish whiskey cream reduction that was superb. Do NOT leave the restaurant without having the peach green tea cream brulee. To die for. Very good wine list and a $15 corkage fee. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“A birthday celebration in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

We went to J Coco on my birthday. We were given an appetizer on the house because we were told we'd have to wait a bit before being seated. When we got to our table we received the most delicious appetizer of cheese stuffed zucchini flowers. For dinner I ordered the special which was Chilean sea bass prepared with an Asian flavor. When the waitress learned that I was a cancer survivor celebrating my birthday, she gave me a desert of my choice (pistachio crusted cheese cake). Everything was perfect! The atmosphere, the friendliness, and the fresh innovative food. I highly recommend this restaurant. We flew in from NYC and I found this restaurant to be better than most New York restaurants. Bravo to the staff! And thank you for helping to make this a very special birthday.

• Visited May 2013
Omaha
“Nice menu, lots of options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Food and service at J. Coco is always good with a nice variety of food choices. There are good fish, beef and other entree options. The food is focused on quality not large quantities like chain places. The outdoor dining terrace is a great place to spend an evening with friends.

• Visited May 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great Midtown Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have been to J. Coco on a quite a few occasions. The food has always been amazing. It is also so much nicer now that they take reservations. The bar area was quite small and it could get very crowded waiting for a table. I am especially like the fish dishes. The fish has always been cooked perfectly. It can get a little noisy and tight in the restaurant, but the food has always made up for that.

• Visited January 2013