“Welcome addition to the neighborhood”
Review of J Coco

J Coco
Reserve with OpenTable
J Coco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 52nd Street and Leavenworth Street
Omaha, Nebraska
“Welcome addition to the neighborhood”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Loved it. Great atmosphere, with a nod to the history of the building and of the area. Interesting menu with some vegetarian options. Started with the olive/hummus plate with delicious grilled bread and waiter brought more bread without being asked. Had the grilled eggplant sandwich, gooey with cheese, topped with arugula and dressed with a pomegranate drizzle. Outstanding. Friendly, expert waitstaff. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank cruisestitcher

Omaha, Nebraska
“A little Underwhelmed, but worth a shot”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I was a little disappointed with my first visit to J. Coco, after hearing such great reviews, but had an overal pleasant experience. We went around 6:15 on a Thursday evening and waited at the bar for about 10 minutes for our table (of 2). The wine list was ok, a little on the pricey side imo. We started with the calamari appetizer, which my boyfriend thought was ok and I couldn't stand because all it tasted like was red onion (sort of my fault since I don't like onions, though). He also noted that it was soggy at the bottom due to the watery pico on top. I had the vegetarian pasta and my date went with a roasted chicken entree and cauliflower side. Both were somewhat overpriced. The pasta itself was great, but I wasn't wowed by the light sauce (mostly evoo and parmesan). According to my date, the chicken was good, not great. I did try the cauliflower and thought it was a little dry. We will probably go back for lunch sometime and give the sandwiches a try, but as far as dinner there are just too many other nice restaurants in Omaha that I would prefer.

• Visited May 2012
omaha
“Great place in mid Omaha”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Relatively new place in midtown Omaha. Great and interesting dishes. A bit on the expensive side but it is defintely worth it. One of the best place for lunch in Omaha.

• Visited May 2012