“Wonderful experience.”
Review of Dolce

Dolce
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolce is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 1,399 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 124th and Maple
Description: Organic freshness
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I joined another couple for dinner at Dolce. We began the evening with the charcuterie. 90% of the huge platter was made in house and both the quantity and the quality were excellent. I especially enjoyed the pickled ramps which were sweet and spicy. The house made sausages were all delicious. The only thing on the platter that I did not care for was their riff on pate. I can't remember what they called it but it was bland and a dose of salt did not help. This was a minor issue as there was a varied selection and a huge quantity.

I ordered the beet salad and it was amazing. Golden and red beets shaved to just the perfect thickness layered under frisée and accented with dollops of goat cheese. My husband got the French onion soup. A lovely mound of sweetly caramelized onions in a dark, rich broth. There was not even a hint of the saltiness or metallic taste that so often accompanies this type of soup.

As a main course I ordered the appetizer portion of the risotto of the day - a dunguneouss crab asparagus risotto. The rice was creamy with a light crab flavor. The size was large enough to share. My husband ordered lamb chops on lentils. The lamb was perfectly cooked and the lentils were rich and a perfect accompaniment to the protein.

For dessert we split the bread pudding. It was served with a quenelle of homemade vanilla ice cream, a rich bourbon caramel, and small mounds of spiced raisins. It was seriously the best bread pudding I have ever had!

If I could pick on anything, it would be the waiter. He was very friendly and helpful but he was not knowledge about the wine. The restaurant does not employee a sommelier. Minor blip in a wonderful evening!

1  Thank Tracie M

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I took my wife to Dolce for our anniversary a few months ago, and have been meaning to write a review ever since. When we pulled up to the restaurant, I was a touch skeptical, as it's in a small strip of shops. After walking in the front door, however, everything changed. We were warmly greeted by a host, and given a great table.
We both ordered steak. Mine was very good...but nothing compared to the filet my wife ordered. As a guy, I decided to go for quantity...but the 6 oz filet was the best I've ever tasted in a restaurant!
The appetizers, bread and service in between courses were all outstanding. The vegetables were just crisp enough, while being cooked and seasoned well.
The owner came out to wish us a happy anniversary, and brought us a complimentary dessert as first time guests.
Simply put, I couldn't have been more pleased with the experience we had!!!

The only downside was a couple who came in not understanding the restaurant to be a nicer place. I'm not a dress up for dinner snob...usually very casual...but this couple was loud and very out of place in what they wore.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

When we travel to Omaha, Dolce is one of our favorite dinner spots. The menu is seasonal, locally sourced and always changing. Everything we've tried has been delicious! The pork chop I had recently was a "melt in your mouth" experience, and my husband's filet was excellent. I would recommend a reservation, as there are limited tables. The only downside is that the quality of table service is unpredictable - could be great and could be rather minimal or ambivalent. Tucked away in a small strip mall, Dolce is a real treat!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had the Beet Salad. 6 potato chip thin slices of beets and a couple pieces of arugula--$12. Scallolps were good, but few--didn't come with house salad--$30. Tried four reds before we gave up--sour--and I tried a beer--$7 and nothing you would recognize. Noisy atmosphere. Wait staff very attentive, and the owners wanted you to be happy. The menu is "complicated". If you want a good, simple meal at a reasonable price, go somewhere else.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is a genuinely unique spot. It is a small room, pleasingly decorated and includes a nice little bar area. The food is unusually good and the service properly attentive. There is a limited but excellent wine list - no grocery store wine here. The proprietress is a charming woman who made us feel comfortable and welcome.

Dolce is a little "pricey" but seemed worth the extra expense. I do not hesitate to recommend Dolce for a very fine restaurant meal.