“Very convenient to Qwest”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We chose the Hilton Omaha as we had flown to Omaha just to go to the George Strait concert at Qwest Center which is connected to the hotel.
The Hilton Omaha is modern with a nice lobby area.
The rooms are small and seem a little dated for a modern hotel. We could hardly see out our window as it was covered in dirt. This may have been from the bad weather that had hit Omaha just before we arrived.
I would recommend this hotel if you are attending an event at Qwest Center.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
bossenkop, Director of Revenue Management at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2010

Hi aandjSydney,

I wanted to personally thank you for sharing your stay with us at Hilton Omaha. Our team works hard to ensure that you receive outstanding service, so it’s most rewarding to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the George Straight concert next door.

I hope your travels bring you back to Omaha – we would love for you to be our guest again. Beginning later this year the hotel will undergo a complete renovation along with an addition, bringing our six year old hotel back to just opened shape!

Best wishes,
Brooke Ossenkop
Brooke.ossenkop@hilton.com
Hilton Omaha, Director of Revenue Management

Reviewed May 1, 2010

I stayed at the Hilton Omaha for three nights on business. The hotel is a modern style facility in a fairly good location. The lobby area is large with lots of seating and room for socializing. There is outside seating too which was nice. Check in was quick and the front desk folks were nice. The concierge desk was always very helpful for directions or sggestions. The rooms were nice, although a little small. The bathroom was OK, but not as nice as expected. The hotel hallways were very quiet which made for a quite night's sleep

Here are the downsides: They charge $10/day for the workout facility which was pretty small and really not that nice. There is a charge for internet access and it cost $1.50 a minute just to use the computer in the business center. I am tired of hotels adding extra costs for just about everything!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2016

Reviewed April 9, 2010

We booked a room at the downtown Hilton so we would be near the Qwest center for the George Strait concert. The location was perfect and it was nice to be able to use the valet parking, check in and then just relax until it was time to head to the show.
I found the hotel lobby to be very nice in that there were plenty of places to sit and relax near the lobby bar. The room was quiet and good for sleeping. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the wait person there was top-notch.
Now the down side. Upon making reservations I called the hotel to verify that the package I had selected did include the price for valet parking (Rest Assured Package) and I was told yes. I did not ask for her name because I had no idea that I would later have to defend myself against an employee that had not been properly trained by Hilton.
We had been told that valet parking was included, but when I went t the check-in desk to check in--I was told that the package did NOT include the price for valet parking. Hmmmmm..........even though it was Hilton's fault that I was misinformed, they had planned to charge me for the difference. I protested and complained, but the desk clerk was very short and said "Call 1-800-HILTONS."
So I did. They were very gracious and shortly thereafter I was contacted by the local Hilton hotel manager. She took care of the matter without delay.
Upon arrival to our room, I saw dried food on the desk and food smears on the coffee maker. I tried to overlook it because I was just frustrated with how some of the staff had treated me. I decided to check out the view from our room. It was--WOULD have been a great view of the Qwest Center, but the windows were so covered with filth and dirt that it looked like a dense fog had suddenly appeared.
I also felt nickeled and dimed to death. When we checked in, they required a 50$ deposit "just in case we used room service. " There was an extra charge for the fitness center as well as the pool. INSANE. I realize they have the market downtown by being near the Qwest center, but come on!!!!!!!!!!!!
We will stay at the Marriott or somewhere across the river and just drive over next time. The Hilton downtown is way too expensive for the type of product and service they provide.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2010

Hotel lobby visually appealing - modern yet cozy. But what's it with these additional charges for pretty much everything, incl a $13 internet charge (very slow, by the way) without a wireless option in the 8th floor exec rooms? Folks, it's 2010. And $8 for a small glass of wine in the exec lounge....
I am a Diamond member, travel extensively, and feel that most hotels seem to stay competitive with their rates without these annoying charges. I would rather have the rate set higher from the start, then make my decision on whether I am willing to stay there....rather than be lured by a seemingly "attractive rate" and be annoyed by extra charges. It cheapens your hotel and your customers. Business travel is stressful enough, don't need to be nickel & dimed by my hotel. Sorry to say, I was disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Wonderful hotel. We stayed here for the Tim McGraw concert at the Qwest. Upgraded to executive floor because of HHonors Gold status.

Pros:
Big room, high celings in executive rooms, breakfast and service in executive louge was excellent, great front desk and bell staff, indoor bridge to Qwest Center (we made it from our room in the Hilton to seats in section 213 within 4 minutes...awesome)

Cons:
Busy busy busy during concert.
Approx $155/night with tax
$15 valet parking

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OmahaTravel
bossenkop, Brooke Ossenkop, Director of Revenue Management at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2010

Dear MrNEmovetoCO,

I appreciate your time in reviewing your recent stay with us at Hilton Omaha. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay on our executive level! I hope you enjoyed the Tim McGraw concert - I heard it was fantastic!

If you travels bring you to Omaha again I would love to personally assist you in making reservations to stay with us again - I can be reached at brooke.ossenkop@hilton.com.

Have a great day and thank you once again!

Brooke Ossenkop
Director of Revenue Management
brooke.ossenkop@hilton.com

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Poor service. I was staying at another property in Omaha but my flight was cancelled and I was sent on a connecting "adventure" with the airlines and had a late arrival at best; so I changed to the Hilton for more amenities and better service (i.e. dinning and restaurant) because of the extremly long day I was in for. Restaurant was closed, and Room service was closing in 15 minutes - so no dinner that night. The staff were ok at best. Not the kind of service I expect from a Hilton and certainly not worth the Premium...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
bossenkop, Brooke Ossenkop, Director of Revenue Management at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2010

I appreciate your candid review of your stay with us at Hilton Omaha. I apologize for the obstacles you encountered during your time with us and we appreciate you bringing the matter to our attention. Would hours of operation available at the ticket counters have made an impact for your specific experience? We are always looking to improve from any opportunities provided to us.

I welcome any suggestions or further comments you may have and can be reached at brooke.ossenkop@hilton.com.

Best Wishes,
Brooke Ossenkop, Director of Revenue Management
Hilton Omaha
brooke.ossenkop@hilton.com

Reviewed November 14, 2009

We chose the Hilton because of its proximity to the Qwest Center - the two are connected so we could walk to the Bill Joel/Elton John concert. The hotel is also close to Old Town, but not close enough to walk. Omaha is an easy town to get around in, so we were really just a short drive away from everything. We stayed from Sunday to Wednesday on the Executive Floor, so we had free appetizers in the evening and breakfast in the morning. The evening of the concert we had drinks and appetizers while we watched everyone going into the concert - not fighing traffic to park was a huge perk of staying at the Hilton! The indoor pool was fine and we were the only people using it, which is always nice. Overall, a great stay and we'll be back for our next Qwest Center concert experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
bossenkop, Brooke Ossenkop, Director of Revenue Management, Hilton Omaha at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2009

Dear KSU_Fan,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay with us at Hilton Omaha! We appreciate hearing from our guests!
I'm glad you enjoyed our executive lounge and we invite you to return the next time you are in Omaha as we are renovating the space mid-December, we are pretty excited about it!

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Omaha!

Best Wishes,