“Great Service/ Clean Room”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Lenexa, Kansas
“Great Service/ Clean Room”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to get away for a couple of days but didn't know where to go around Omaha. We were immediately directed to the hotels free shuttle service. The driver had a ton of great suggestions! We told him we were in the mood for oysters and he took us to a wonderful restaurant in Old Market. He also handed us a coupon for a half dozen free oysters which equalled up to a $15 value. The room was clean and comfortable. The water pressure in the shower could of been better. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back!

Room Tip: The Executive King comes with free breakfast and a great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonOmaha, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your very nice review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and visit to Omaha!

Our employees pride themselves on making our guests experience representative of our 4 Diamond service. Our team also excels in their knowledge of Omaha to provide recommendations for our guests unfamiliar with Omaha.

We appreciate that Hilton Omaha will be your destination of choice on future visits to Omaha, we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Czech first
Minneapolis
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We were in for a large event/social and this hotel went way beyond the 'call of duty' to make sure that everyone was welcome, things were taken care of immediately and folks were happy. The rooms were lovely and the complimentary toiletries were fabulous.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your wonderful review, we appreciate your nice comments!

We do make every effort to ensure every guest enjoys the same experience as you and we are grateful for your acknowledgement that we have succeeded.

We look forward to the opportunity to be of service to you again soon!
Easton, Connecticut
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've stayed at the Hilton Omaha before with mixed experience. I'm fearful of my inevitable return this week as the hotel is hosting the conference I'm attending and that is where I am booked to stay for four nights. I've gone through the reviews and found some good advice. Seems like staying at the Hilton Omaha might be hit or miss. I'll review this week's stay to let the "tripadvisor" crowd know if the Omaha Hilton is on the up swing or simply par.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and plan to return on future visits to Omaha.
Omaha
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Pretty on inside, common areas, rooms small & inch of dust on tops of things...dirty. Called desk, sent maid & to reach high she stood on the bed with shoes on. Really pretty in common areas, but room was worst room ever, besides dirty

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jennifer F
noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Jennifer F,

Thank you for your feedback. We have reviewed your review and picture of dust that was gathered from the artwork light near the ceiling in your room with our team. This area is a tricky one to reach, and we have provided our team with tools to make sure that this light is thoroughly cleaned.

I am sorry that we missed this area. When our housekeeping supervisor went to your room, it was her understanding that if she placed some clean towels on your bed, that it was okay for her to stand on the mattress to clean the area. She should have pulled back your sheets before doing this.

We are pleased that you were satisfied with the other areas in the hotel, other than the room size.

Rochester Hills, Michigan
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business with several colleagues. We used a conference room, the bar, and the shuttle service. Everywhere we were, the staff was very helpful and friendly. Price wS reasonable. I would recommend you bring your own projector if you need one. We were quoted $300 to rent for one day.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank remerton
HiltonOmaha, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are very happy that your business meeting went well and you enjoyed your stay overall and the service provided.

We look forward to future opportunites to be of service to you and your colleagues again soon!
Kansas City, United States
Reviewed October 27, 2013

fake fire alarm went off at 7:30 AM, it was freezing outside...did not offer anything to compensate. Checking in was slow, was 3 or 4 employees behind the counter talking as the line had 3 or 4 people trying to get checked in...was in line for 15 minutes before they started assisting in checking us in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Nathan B,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.

I do want to inform you that it was not in fact a "fake fire alarm"; actually, one of your fellow guests accidentally left a couple of items in one of our toaster ovens on our buffet line, and the smoke set off a fire alarm.

I am sorry that your check-in took longer than expected. Normal check-in time takes about 1 or two minutes. There were also a couple of new hires begin trained during the time that you were checking in--I can assure you that the employees were not simply socializing or ignoring you, but rather learning the check-in process.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to welcome you back another time.

Best regards,

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I traveled from Arkansas to Omaha for a two-day business seminar a few weeks ago. Once I arrived in Omaha after several hours of flight delays, it was fairly late and I was tired. Because this was a business trip, all the online reservations had been with my boss's credit card. I do not carry my boss's credit card with me and I do not personally have a credit card. The front desk worker would not let me check in. One would assume that the credit card used to make the reservation could easily be used to authorize the stay. At this point I am at a total loss because I am a long way from home and the hotel I had reserved would not let me check in. What was I supposed to do with no other means on me to stay elsewhere? The clerk said the only way to get the keys if I didn't have a card to authorize the payment of the stay was to have the person with the credit card fax a form to the front desk. It was after 7 p.m. I was able to get my boss on the phone, luckily, but he was not at the office (of course) and was unable to fax a form to the hotel that evening. My boss asked to speak to the hotel staff and after the conversation, the clerk allowed me to check in with the promise that my boss would have the form faxed first thing in the morning. My boss was very upset. He travels often and had never heard of such a policy. If he were not able to make that agreement, I would have been so very, very out of luck. As it was before I had my boss on the phone, this guy was not letting me in my room. He did not offer me any arrangement to get the paperwork in the morning, my boss had to take control of the situation and force them to accommodate. I had taken the Hilton shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I had no car, no credit card, only cash for meals, knew no one and the hotel is located in an area miles from any other sources. The hotel should be able to in extreme circumstances take a credit card over the phone ESPECIALLY if the same card was already used to make the reservation. On another note, there were a few items I was not comfortable flying with due to security issues or because I just forgot them. Most hotels have a pretty good selection of courtesy items in the case of a guest forgetting something. This hotel did not, but of course they had the items for sale in another area. I asked if there were a store to purchase the items nearby and was told there was not. It was on the last day of my stay that I found out that the shuttle will take you up to 3 miles surrounding the hotel. Anyway, just another huge inconvenience that if I needed a nail file or deodorant, for example, I would have to buy it there at the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Tracy W,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We do apologize that you had some difficulties in getting checked in, and we are sympathetic to your situation of having traveled all day. I also apologize that the front desk agent did not offer some alternatives to you at the time of check-in when we were unable to verify the method of payment.

I wanted to address a few of the comments that you made.

In regards to the credit card situation, while we do ask for credit card information at the time of booking to guarantee your reservation, we are not able to verify that the method of payment is until the time of check-in. If a card is to be used that is not present, we do have an authorization form that guests may fill out. I do not believe it is "poor service" to require a valid method of payment at the time of check-in--while we would like to assume that all credit cards given at the time of booking are 100% valid, I can assure you that unfortunately this is not true.

You made the statement that the hotel is located "miles" from any other sources. While we don't necessarily have any convenience stores within walking distance, we do have several within our complimentary shuttle area. Several other TripAdvisor guests have commented on the convenience of our shuttles and location near the Old Market and Zoo.

Finally, I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding in regards to the courtesy items available. While we do offer several items for sale in our gift shop, we offer numerous items on a complimentary basis, including toothbrushes and toothpaste, razors and shaving cream, deodorant, feminine products, mending kits, and a few other items. In fact, all Hilton brand hotels carry these items for their guests on a complimentary basis. I am sorry that this information was not clear.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope that this response will help clarify a few of the concerns that you had and that we will have an opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best regards,