“Nice Omaha Hotel...”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed June 8, 2013

In a great location. Easy access to the convention center and the stadium. The front desk staff were ok. Not overly friendly and didn't welcome me as a Hilton Gold Member. I know that sounds minor but as much traveling as I do, it feels good to be acknowledged.I stayed on the executive floor and the rooms were clean, well appointed and comfortable. The staff in the executive lounge was friendly and the hours great. The evening reception had great offerings but unfortunately the lounge only had a continental breakfast. This property loses points for that one as the majority of the Doubletree's and hilton's serve Bacon, eggs and Sausage in the exec. lounge.

I did end up eating in the restaurant for breakfast one one day. Overall, breakfast was great but I was very annoyed by the burner screeching, stinging noise and had to move as far away from it as I could.

I didn't have a bad stay here and would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We appreciate the loyalty our Hilton Honors guests, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay, and that you would stay with us again.

We appreciate your imformation on the Executive Lounge menu, we are always looking for options to keep the menu an asset for our Executive Level guests.

We look forward to the opportuntiy to be of service to you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Omaha

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with the Omaha Hilton with the exception of a couple of drawbacks.

The good:
Great location near the Old Market
Recently renovated rooms
Top notch staff

Cons:
When we pulled up, the area right outside the front door was filled with people smoking. A stinky, bad first impression.

The room doors desperately need insulation around them. Many people let their doors slam shut which carries down the hallway and in other guest rooms. This was very disruptive.

I would definitely consider returning to this property, but it would not be my first choice due to the noisy rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for your review!

We are very happy that our "top notch staff" and appearance of the hotel stood out.

We are very sorry for any noise from adjacent guests who allowed doors to slam; this is something that we have little control over; however we do have a 24-hour security team and will be happy to address this so the offending guests are aware they are being disruptive.

We appreciate your insight on the smoking location, we will look into this and see if there are any other options.

We do hope you will give us another chance when visiting Omaha again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I too work with a Fortune 500 company; however it is my both my experience as a traveler and executive that has created the need for me to write this review. I believe others have not experienced the outstanding performance the Hilton Omaha delivers on a daily basis. It is a common experience to have every staff member attend to guest needs with the authority to make any issues corrected quickly and accurately. It is uncommon or a special cause that creates variation to the process and will be addressed immediately.
Occasionally any business may have a spike in demand. It is appreciated that there is a large SAC Air Force base close by and unusual for them to travel and stay in this hotel. It was special to see so many in the lobby at one time and many guests went up to them to thank them for their service versus complain that they were staying in the hotel.
It is exciting to see this hotel has been so well received in the Omaha market they they have been able to expand in the last few years adding over a 100 new rooms. This is during a downtime when many other businesses are contracting versus growing. This Hilton property is successful in attracting visitors to the downtown area and the old market area. There are many times where this large hotel is completely full including during the College World Series and Concerts at the CenturyLink Arena with direct access to the concert venue.
The gym is staffed with certified trainers to help provide correct form and safety in the use of the equipment. It is rarely busy during the late evening and they will open it up early for the busy business traveler.
I still have my platinum status at Marriott and they are only a block away; however this hotel trumps that chain and I will continue to earn points and maintain my diamond status here at the Hilton Omaha.

Room Tip: Ask for a room number less than X080 to be closer to the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Donald W

Thank you for your very kind review!!

Our entire team appreciates your kind words as it is our tenured guests who experience our property on daily basis, and realizes that while there are inevitable hiccups from time to time, that the bigger picture reflects everything that we strive to achieve for all of our guests.

We truly appreciate your business and look forward to being of service well into the future!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This Hilton is special because of it's unique setting by the river, within walking distance of the convention center, the World Series stadium, down town, restaurants, the old town shops and restaurants and much more. Omaha is full of unique original works of ART, starting with the hotel inside and out, a short walk to Hot Shops Art and the stunning sculptures and murals downtown. This hotel is friendly, upbeat and just all around a wonderful stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your nice review!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and had the opportunity to experience our wonderful art collection as well as the art throughout the area.

We hope that we are your destinatin of choice on future trips to Omaha!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was really nice that the hotel had valet service, having a family with kids and lots of luggage. The bellman was very friendly and efficient. The hotel looked good to begin with: the lobby looked great and impressive. However, when we reached our floor and saw the hall, we were amazed at its length. Our room happened to be at the end of it, and the walk was long. I had never seen such a long hall in a hotel in my whole life! The floor of the hall was carpeted and its design was ugly and very dizzying! The hotel room was nice, but, to our surprise, didn't have a microwave, which was very surprising and disappointing, because we had brought oatmeal from home to fix for breakfast. It did have a small refrigerator, and it worked all right. Then, the bathroom had a shower, but not a bathtub, which we need to give our small kids a bath.

The hotel had a nice swimming pool, but to get to it, you had to cross an exercise room, in which the staff didn't allow kids to play, not even with some balancing equipment. When one of our kids stepped on a low balancing board, a girl who works there approached us and told us that kids were not allowed on the equipment, that it was not safe. Both my wife and I were right by her, so we found that comment absolutely ridiculous, and her tone, completely out of place.

Bad service in this hotel was a pattern. We ate several times in their restaurant, and twice the waitress serving us was terrible: slow, bad tempered, and inefficient. Some of the food items, however, were pretty good, but extremely expensive! It was a bad value, because the quality was not as good as you would expect for that price.

Room Tip: Choose a room close to the elevator!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Enrique T
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We do our best to ensure each guest has an enjoyable experience and apologize that you encountered some problems.

First, regarding your experience in the Fitness Center. The equipment is for the use of persons 18 and older for safety reasons, which we take very seriously. The equipment is dangerous to little ones even with parents nearby. I am sorry if the attendant appeared abrubt, but she was only looking out for the best interest and safety of your child.

We would have been happy to change your guestroom to one nearer the elevator or with a tub to accomodate you better. I recommend making a quick call to any hotel prior to your arrival if there are any special needs or requests. We can place these notes in your reservation and make every effort to make your stay plesant.

Your comments regarding the restaurant staff have been addressed, and we sinderely apologize for any behavior or service you felt negative.

We do hope you will give us another opportuntiy in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to review.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This hotel is very nice looking, very clean, and the staff was friendly. We ate in the restaurant and the food was creative and high quality.
The location was perfect, right off 480 and at the edge of the downtown hub of activity. The pool and gym were top notch.
We had a large SUV w roof topper and they did have parking out back of the parking garage which was helpful.
And the biggest plus was how dog friendly they were!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for a wonderful review, we are happy that you all enjoyed your stay, including your furry family member!

We take great pride in providing the best service and hospitality in Omaha and we are very pleased when these efforts are recognized.

We hope to see you all back again soon and often!!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Omaha on business for 5 days. Common areas are clean, newer, and maintained although I personally did not care for the style/color schemes. Every square inch of this place is full of very busy prints and contrasting colors and it's tacky. Not a fan of the royal blue doors, chocolate walls, and Vegas style carpeting on the guest rooms floors. I digress.

In-room dining, breakfast buffet, and dinner were all good. Pleasant and attentive staff serving good food. No complaints there.

Shuttle service to/from airport as well as downtown and neighboring restaurants was great. Good drivers and minimal wait times regardless of the time day or night.

The negatives for me were the guest rooms namely cleanliness. At first everything seemed to be in order, but over the course of 5 days the more I looked the more filth I found. Here we go (I posted pictures as well).

1. Burned ottoman (isn't this a non-smoking room?)

2. Mirror in bathroom (the frame) hadn't been wiped down in such an amount of time that it was caked in dust. Mirror over the desk was also full of fingerprints.

3. Large crumbs from a poptart all over the floor. Walking barefoot, the bottoms of my feet were immediately covered in hair and crumbs. Walking in socks, the bottoms of my white socks turned black. I placed the largest crumb on the desk where it sat for 2 days before it was removed.

4. Shower grout went from white to dark gray/black.

5. Long hair on the bathroom floor that wasn't mine. There is no hair on my body longer than a couple inches. This stayed with me for 2 days before removed.

6. A hugh black hair at least 12 inches long stuck to the desk lamp shade hanging down. Again, never in my life has my hair been at least 12 inches long. This roommate stayed with me for 3 days before it was removed.

7. The reading lamp over the bed must have never been wiped down since the place opened. It was so caked full of dust and filth that I could see it piled up while standing in front of the bed. Keep in mind this lamp is about 7 feet off the floor. Also keep in mind this is hanging over your face while you're sleeping. Try not to inhale any clumps that may come loose and fall during the night.

8. The shower curtain had blood on it. It was right at hand/eye level so how housekeeping couldn't see this is a mystery.

9. The floor boards must never be wiped down. Their ledges are caked with dust and hair.

10. Temperature control. Room was very stuffy and humid on entering and for 5 days never got truly comfortable. I had the thermostat down to 65 degrees, but the room temperature would never maintain. I tried the Lo, High, and Auto settings all to no avail. I woke up every night is a total sweat and would have to get out of bed and readjust the thing.

They will only change your sheets every three days unless you tell them to do it more frequently. Towels will be replaced if you leave them on the floor. I don't have a problem with hotels doing this. However, since most of the rooms do not require this level of work, you would think they would devote the extra time to vacuuming and dusting. Also, if you're going to have black surfaces throughout the guest rooms, maybe you should rethink using white dust clothes? Either these clothes are leaving lint all over everything that looks like dust, or the lack of dusting entirely really shows.

I personally did not have issues with noise from the halls or other guest rooms, but I'm sure this is just the luck of the draw. Three of my colleagues on other floors were awoken every night due to slamming doors and people talking loud in the halls. I can't blame the hotel for that. It's just people being rude.

I had every intent on using the pool and gym, but time was against me. They looked good for hotel standards, but I do think the $10 daily surcharge is a little tacky.

If you're in need of a downtown hotel, this is a good option. While I do admit I was completely turned off by housekeeping, I would give them another shot to retain my business. If I was placed into another room with the same issues, then I know it's the whole place that's dirty and not just oversights in one room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank J from the Bay
noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

J from the Bay:

Thanks for taking some time to leave a detailed review of your stay at our hotel. We appreciate your candor and feedback. As you brought up several concerns, please allow us to offer some brief responses to the items you mentioned. To our knowledge, these items were not reported while you were a guest in the hotel, and while we strive to ensure that each guest room is perfect, sometimes we fall short. We work as hard as we can to correct issues as they are brought to our attention.

Thank you for your compliments of our food service in room service, and the Liberty Tavern restaurant, as well as our shuttle service. Our drivers represent an amenity that our hotel provides that is second to none in this market and allows our guests to experience many restaurants and attractions within a 3-mile radius of the hotel.

I do appreciate your comments regarding the room cleanliness. I can tell you that we have received about 400 surveys back from our guests this year, and that 75%of these guests have rated our room cleanliness either a 9 or 10 (extremely satisfied) on a scale of 1-10. In spite of that, I can clearly see some room deficiencies from the room pictures that you sent. We have shared these photos with our staff and hope to exceed your expectations on a future visit.

Regarding the room temperature, I am sorry that we were not able to get the room to a comfortable range. For future reference, our engineering staff has the ability to override the system to get your room to a more comfortable point.

We do only change sheets every three days, and change towels upon request as part of a longstanding sustainability program from Hilton.

Our gym is staffed with certified trainers and has several new machines. This is available on a complimentary basis for Hilton Silver, Gold, and Diamond VIP guests. Pool use is complimentary to all guests.

Thanks again for your feedback and comments. We welcome any additional feedback you may have by contacting us directly.

Best regards,