“LocationLocationLocation”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed May 14, 2013

In town for a conference at the hotel. Nice location to downtown market area, baseball stadium, and connected to arena. Hotel staff very accommodating, shuttle offered to/from airport and area sights. Room was very comfortable, nice sitting area and work station. Comfy bed with high thread count sheets and large plush towels in the bathroom. Did have drinks in bar area one night, nice selection and decent prices. Outside bar area with fireplace looked nice, but our weather did not cooperate/allow us to use. Would definitely recommend and return if I ever found myself in Omaha again. Ask for a room facing towards baseball stadium, if Creighton is playing at night, the backdown is quite nice.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your excellent review of the amenities offered, we are delighted that you appreciate the service and quality provided.

You are correct that views facing the ball park are the most favorable, and we hope every guest has the opportunity to experience the beautiful views.

Your details are very much appreciated and we do hope that you return again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Omaha

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Possibly the nicest Hilton I've stayed in, this Hilton, close to Omaha's Airport, appears to have been updated recently, or is fairly new. The lobby is inviting, modern, and appealing. The room was well appointed with coffee-maker, mini-fridge, and auto-on lighting, with good wifi signal and beautifully decorated.

Room Tip: I was on the "street" side, and no noise, so the glass must be triple-pane
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay, we are deligted that you enjoyed the services and amenities provided.

The hotel was indeed remodeled and we are the only hotel in Omaha that includes a decor with an original art colletion in the public space for our guests to enjoy.

We look forward to you retruning again soon and often!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I've stayed at the Hilton Omaha a number of times. The hotel is in a good location downtown close to the Old Market area and not too far from the airport. The rooms are very clean, nicely appointed, and quiet. The fitness room is better than most hotels and the lobby and bar areas are very nice. The staff is always friendly. The hotel is usually reasonably priced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your very nice review!

We hope that on future visits to Omaha, that Hilton Omaha continues to be your destination of choice!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is an excellent hotel that is centrally located in Omaha. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. It is across the road from the Century Link centre so very convenient. Recommended for both business and recreational travellers

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I just returned from a stay at the Hilton Omaha. The hotel has many new and remodeled rooms and is in good shape. Its location is not the best of the many other hotels nearer the Old Market District (the arts, entertainment and restaurant area.) At check-in, the front desk staff was very helpful in advising me of my 'Gold' benefits.

The hotel has thin walls; noise from the hallway (doors slamming and people talking) and adjoining room was loud. The room size is OK and the beds are comfortable. The numerous pillows on the beds are nice and the water pressure in the shower, in the quite large bathroom, is good, but the supply of bathroom amenities is limited.

An Executive Lounge is available on the 8th Floor. The continental breakfast is just OK. I've had much better at less "upscale" hotels.

A big annoyance was at 9:15, on Saturday morning, housekeeping knocked on our door to clean the room - long before the 12:00 noon checkout time. I heard another guest get very upset when they disturbed him. The housekeepers were knocking on every door on the floor – I could hear this through the thin walls. Don't expect a good view of anything other than parking lots and over-passes from any of the rooms.

The hotel provided good transportation to the many, many restaurants in the Old Market District. I inquired at the bellhop desk when the next shuttle was leaving, and was told, "Whenever you are ready." My group of 8 (plus 2 more hotel guests) were ready right then, so we left. I was given a card by the driver with the hotel phone number to call when we were ready to return. However, we did not call, we walked back to the hotel which took no more than 20 minutes.

I used self-parking at the hotel for $12 per day but there is valet for $20.

Although this hotel has its shortcomings, I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TerryJaxBchFL

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We regret that your stay was not representative of the standards we strive to provide.

With respect to your comment regarding housekeeping knocking, please accept our apologies as we believe with was during a large convention and amenities were being placed in the rooms for each guest during a time when the majority were expeced to attend the convention. We apologize that you were disturbed.

We do hope that on future visits to Omaha, you will give us another opportuntiy and will find the service and hospitalty more reflective of what we want our guests to experience.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The room was ok. Little stuffy, but clean and well furnished. Hot water was an issue a couple of mornings. Walls and doors are really thin, so the hallways etc. can be a bit noisy. Overall service was ok. Front desk staff that checked me in was great. Bell service was a bit frustrating as I tried to take a cab to a particular resturant that I had researched. Bell staff called the cab, but then neglected to make sure the cab driver knew the place we were going. Long story short there are two places with the same name in town and he started taking us to the wrong one. Ended up costing me an extra $50 bucks. Absolutely partly my fault, but annoying none the less.

Didn't try much food, bar area is nice and bartenders are friendly etc.

One last comment- I HATE places that charge for internet. Very frustrating that in this day and age I get dinged for it. On top of that, Hilton Omaha charges per device- EXTREMELY frustrating with that policy. Makes ZERO sense

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us; we are sincerely sorry for the problem you encountered with water temperature and the taxi service. Your comments will be addressed with our Engineering and Guest Services teams.

As it regards wireless fees, we charge per device to ensure each device receives the maximum bandwidth available. We do understand your frustration and are currently looking into alternatives.

Thank you again for your review, we hope on future visits to Omaha you will give us another opportuntity to earn your trust in our services and hospitaltiy.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Check-in was prompt. Every time we got the car from the valet it was prompt too. Shuttle service to areas downtown (they will take you & pick you up) was also prompt and friendly. Room was large enough, desk was comfortable enough, bathroom was clean enough. I was impressed with how quickly someone got to the room when I called to ask for more hangers and a bathrobe (2 separate occasions). I stayed on the executive floor and they have a good lounge with amenities including food and drink that was well attended. The only place I found the service particularly lacking was in the bar, although it was crowded and one day I had the do not disturb sign up which I took off at 2PM and housekeeping did not come to clean my room--however when I called to inquire about it around 6:30 PM they sent someone right up to at least make the bed and change the towels. If you're staying for any event downtown, I'd recommend the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Hilton Omaha.

We are happy that the majority your experiences were postive and you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you have the opportuntiy to return again soon.