“Dislike having to pay for internet everyday when it should be free.”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Expensive and internet isn't free won't stay again.service is good and staff are very helpful.i would recommend this hotel to someone who doesn't mind expensive. But will never eat at this limited menu restaurant and very expensive restaurant again.

• Stayed: March 2013
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are happy that our service and hospitality stood out.

We do offer complimentary internet on the entire first floor of the hotel as well as a complimentary connectivity station as well. I apologize if this was not communicated to you during your stay.

Our restaurant is very price competitive with area restaurants of like fare, we do have a complimentary shuttle for anyone who desires to venture out and enjoy the many restaurant options in the Old Market.

Thank you again for your review, I hope this information is helpful on future visits to Omaha when looking for hotel options.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, nice hotel. Very nice rooms/bathrooms.Nice lobby bar, complimentary shuttle service with very nice drivers. Will stay again! The only downfall I guess would be $12 self park but I guess what do you do.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your kind comments and hope we can be of service to you again very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I travel regularly to Omaha and have stayed at the Hilton for about 6 years. I've gotten to know the staff, and they truly make me feel appreciated when I'm there. The rooms are comfortable and well maintained. The fitness center is very convenient and has a lot of equipment. Occasionally some of the rooms have problems, and each time I've called, the maintenance folks come right away and resolve the issue. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joan C
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

"Home Away from Home" is one of the best compliments we can recieve, thak you!!

We truly enjoy our frequent guests who really do become part of our Hilton Family, it is our pleasure to be of service to you whether you are here for one night or weeks at at time.

What happens at home, happens here too, sometime things break, quit working or needs the expertise of an Engineer, and our Property Operations team is availble 24-7 to assist with anything that may arise.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you soon!!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I previously stayed at this hotel and upon my return found out that it has been nicely remodeled and updated. I'm very particular about hotel beds and the beds at this location were exceptionally comfortable. Great location close to Old Market and other attractions, plus nearby access to main routes to the parts of the city. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your very nice comments, we look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I want to love this hotel, but it falls short.

+refrigerator in room
+rooms are spacious, modern decor
+2 bottles of water upon check-in
+lots of outlets all over the room
+lighted make-up mirror
+spacious bathroom
+valet staff super friendly (had a couple friends pick me up for meals, always opened doors with a smile)

-front desk staff unprofessional and rude
-found coffee stains on table on day 2 (which had to be before us, we don't drink coffee), took all books off the table to make it visible, housekeeping did not wipe up
-no fan in the bathroom
-toiletries refilled one night, but not the next
-chip in the bathtub
-went to the Starbucks two times and had a discount due to company affiliation. First response was, "you don't qualify but I can give it to you this time" and the second one was "I guess I can give you the discount".

neutral - ordered pizza from room service, the bottom was burnt. I discussed this (and all other negative issues) with Lukas B (Front Desk Manager) and he was kind enough to remove the charge from the bill.

I stopped by the front desk on day 3 to discuss with the GM (who was unavailable) but instead corresponded with Lukas B. In my mind it isn't always fair to give them a negative review if you don't give them a chance to fix the problem. When we checked in, we had pre-selected Executive Floor (which would only be awarded if available). It was not available, which is no problem, but lbrazier argued with me and said it wasn't in the reservation (I had the email on my phone to prove it). The issue boils down to she wasn't listening to my questions but answering what she "thought" I was asking. The personnel at this hotel were either fantastic or terrible, really no in between and I encountered an equal number of both.

It was a disappointment to take the time to talk to Lukas B and not see any follow up. Other than removing the pizza, I was interested in the resolution of the other issues but none came. I did not return to the Starbucks before we departed but who knows if anything came of it.

The property is beautiful but if they ignore the little things, it will age faster than it should (chip in tub, caulking in bathroom) and the location is great but the staff leave a lot to be desired, especially if you get the sour ones.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, Front Office Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for your detailed information regarding your stay. We are happy to hear that there are a lot of things that you enjoyed about our hotel, staff and rooms.

While this is not the typical response we see from our guests , I understand your frustration with some of the issues you pointed out and I will send you a private message to contact me personally to discuss your experience to ensure that we make the necessary improvements.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Omaha and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

No longer Diamond, we paid to book the Executive Floor room. Rate was supposed to include free wifi but then were told that is just in the lobby or the lounge, not the guest rooms. They charge for beer and wine in the lounge. When asked why we were told the hotel is owned by the city and they charge for just about everything. We are local and were there for a business function and didn't want to drive so we booked the room. Big mistake. They also had a bunch of little girls in some cheerleading thing at the Qwest Center and the people next to us were up past 2AM. Morning found doors slamming as housekeeping went in and out but didn't seem to notice our DND hanger. First and last time we stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay here. I am not sure what level of HHonors you are now, we do offer complementary WI-fi in our lobby, and for all Gold and Diamond VIP guests. In addition, we have tried to make alternate complementary arrangements for our guests, and we have the three computers in the exec lounge for our guest use.

Speaking of the executive lounge, I also understand that you are accustomed to receiving complementary alcoholic beverages in the lounge. I do know that a couple of our other brands, including Embassy Suites and Homewood Suites hold a manager's reception and that they offer those drinks complementary. We have not done that as a Hilton brand, but I will take your feedback under consideration as I know that the brand management is looking to enhance our executive level guest experience.

It sounds like you stayed over the President's Day weekend. There is a volleyball tournament that takes place every year at the Century Link Center on these dates. I can understand your frustration with the noise level that we experienced over that weekend and apologize.

May I invite you to return to our hotel at a different time, with my promise that you will have a better stay? I will be happy to offer you a certificate for a one-night stay for your inconveniences.

Best regards,

Noall Silvester
Director of Rooms and Guest Services

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Nice location, helpful service! Was here on business meeting and banquet, never left the hotel while was here. Everything was available at the hotel. We did go to dinner at Sullivans and asked for a taxi and they offered to shuttle us at no change to the restaurant! This is a very nice service and a money savings offer! We overall were extremely satified with our stay!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, we appreciate your compliments.

We hope that the Hilton Omaha will be your destination of choice on future visits to Omaha!