“Great job!”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had a party to celebrate my mother's 70th and my husband's 60th birthdays. I had booked the Presidential Suite, 4 additional rooms on the same floor and had made catering arrangements as well. Noall Sylvester and Emily Jewell were both very professional. When I arrived at the hotel the staff was amazingly friendly...! The hotel was so busy that night...several corporate events, sporting events, a wedding.....lots and lots of people....but whenever I needed something I felt like my party was the only event at the hotel. Our room wasn't quite ready when we got there so guest services held onto our luggage for us. I was amazed that once we got into our room and called down for our bags...they delivered them immediately! I really don't know how the staff was so efficient....as, again, there were soooo many guests that night. The food was delicious and the gentleman that set everything up was a class act.
Our party included a dog...and many trips up and down the elevator....outside....and back in...and I truly felt that "Ben" was treated like a welcomed guest.

Room Tip: Lots of perks on the executive floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for selecting our property to celebrate your families special occasions!

We have a great team of professionals throughout, and in particular Emily and Noall, who take the time to attend to the details that Hilton Omaha is known for.

We do hope that your family will return often to create your special family memories!

P.S. And Ben too, we truly do enjoy our canine guests as well!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I live in Los Angeles, but my husband and I had our wedding in Omaha. We had over 60 out of town guests and reserved a large block of rooms at the hotel. On the day I checked in at 12:00 p.m., I was told my room was not ready. When I returned at 4:00 p.m. I was again told my room was not ready. I had to get ready for our rehearsal dinner in a make-shift room and then repack my luggage to keep at the front desk. When I returned from our rehearsal dinner at approximately 12:00 a.m. my room was still not ready. While I was eventually upgraded to a large suite at the same cost, it was unacceptable that the night before our wedding, I did not have a room by 1:00 in the morning. I had to speak with four different people before one woman (bless her!) finally found me a room. After much argument and hassle, they relented on the cost of the room for my trouble. I will say that I heard many good things about the hotel, readily available transportation and bar from my guests, so as long as my guests were happy, I will give an average rating for my poor experience. On a random note, I would not recommend the presidential suite if you want to sleep in. There was a band playing in the parking lot the following morning at 8:00 a.m. and it sounded as if I were sitting next to it!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonOmaha, General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review; we sincerely apologize for the series of problems you encountered the eve of your wedding day. We recall your situation and we deeply regret that you were not taken care of in a more efficient and timely manner.

Tthis is a very rare circumstances, however, we should have made better efforts to get you settled so that your rehearsal dinner and special day were only filled with good memories.

Please know that we do take complete responsibility, your feelings are very justified. We do hope that one day you will give us another opportunity to provide a better impression of our service and hospitality. Please let us know if your travels bring you back to Omaha in the near future.

Sincere regards,

Robert Watson, General Manager
Hilton Omaha
robert.watson@hilton.com

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at this property a few years ago and was utterly disappointed. Not this time. The recent renovation has transformed this into a top notch hotel in every way. This is the best hotel in Omaha. No one else comes close.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing your recent visit!

We are delighted that you gave us another opportunity and experienced the best service and hospitality that we strive to achieve.

We hope future visits will always include Hilton Omaha as your destination of choice!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

My son got married over the weekend and we could have not stayed at better facilities. The employees were so friendly and the valets were most helpful. We will definitely choose the Hilton for future events and stays. Thank you for making out weekend stay a pleasant and enjoyable one.

Room Tip: We got a two bedroom suite which was perfect because we had two grandkids and they needed more space...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Omaha for your wedding guests; we appreciate your very nice comments!

Best wishes to the newlyweds and we hope to see your family back again!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel. The staff was helpful, the room was extra clean and the concierge reception staff was fantastic! Robin and Jim were extra nice and very attentive! Next time I'm in Omaha, this is the place for me!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We have shared your very nice comments with Robin and Jim in our concierge lounge, and we all hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great location in downtown Omaha. You can walk to the Old Market Place with its many restaurants and shops and it connects directly to the Century link auditorium. If the weather is bad or you don't want to walk the van drivers will take you anywhere within three mile and pick you up. For free. Lots of interesting art and a modern, open lobby. There's a very friendly staff which extends to the bar and restaurant in the hotel.

The rooms are good-sized and well-appointed with very comfortable beds. HDTV is a nice addition. Excellent bathroom and amenities, and kept very clean.

The fitness room is excellent. Treadmills, ellipticals, and a stairstepper plus a full set of barbells and several weight machines makes for a great workout facility.

This is a super hotel in every respect and the staff is friendly and helpful. We had a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review, we appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience with us and other Trip Advisor readers!

We hope to see you back again very soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Stayed overnight. Was a great stay. Staff friendly. Couldn't ask for anything more. Rooms were perfect. Workout facility huge. Felt like a gym. Only negative. Took forever to get out of their parking garage when we checked out??

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank medada
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your very nice review!

We are delighted that overall, your stay was enjoyable.

As it regards the parking garage, we would like a little more detail on the delay you incurred. We recently expanded our parking garage upgraded the technology and equipment at the entrance/exits. We are not aware of any specific issues; would you please send any details to me at angela.kerby@hilton.com so that we can troubleshoot what may have occurred.

Thank you again for your review, we look forward to seeing you back again soon!