“Great for Sleeping”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton during a three day conference. Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Great pillows.

I wasn't aware of the $10 charge for parking until I got the bill at the end of our stay. Front desk just told me to throw away the ticket and use my room key to ender the parking lot.

Very disappointed that there was a charge for WIFI in the rooms. Even the Holiday Inn offers free WI FI.

Shuttle service from the hotel to the conference venue was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Long, long hallways and a little tough for guests with mobility problems.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to the General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I do apologize that the parking charge was not clearly communicated when you checked in. For WiFi services, ee do offer complimentary inernet access on the entire first floor.

We hope that your overall stay and the complimentary shuttle service stood out and that you return again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Omaha

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. I didn't get out much, so can't speak to location, but I did enjoy the hotel. The bed was awesome - I had the best night sleep. I might be super-particular, but I hate when hotels' air conditioners kick on and off loudly (and end up waking me up!). My room was quiet and perfectly climate-controlled. Love the Peter Thomas Roth bath amenities. The staff was friendly and helpful, especially the concierge who pulled me out of a long registration line to check me in! I'd definitely stay here again when in Omaha.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your very nice review, we hope you have the opportuntiy to return to spend more time enjoying the quiet room, comfortable bed and amenities!!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Let me just say that I have spent about 60 nights at the Hilton Omaha within the last 7 months and believe me, I would have changed to some other place if it wasn't good.

No, the hotel is not perfect (I have yet to find a perfect hotel!), but it is certainly better than most Hilton hotels I've stayed at.

The check-in process is usually pretty quick and painless. If you are a gold or Diamond, they usually move you to the Executive floor, if available.

After staying here 3 nights a week for (just about) every week, you get to know the front desk staff pretty well. Most of the front desk staff are friendly, personable and yet professional. Lukas, who is one of the front desk staff, is extremely nice and courteous. He will go out of his way to help you. Kelsey is also extremely nice and professional. I really enjoy talking to both Lukas and Kelsey; they have great personalities and are just really cool to talk to. I also had a chance to talk to Rob, who, I believe, was overlooking the overall operations of the hotel and the shuttle service, and he was also extremely nice and very helpful.

The rooms are new and adequately spacious. All the rooms I have stayed in have the fresh/clean smell to them, and all of them have a new carpet. If you don't mind walking a little longer distance from the elevators, be sure to ask for a room in the newer section. In these room, you will get a much bigger LCD/LED TV, a nice walk-in shower and a nicer bathroom. The rooms do not have a microwave, however, I've seen a response from the assistant manager on one of the reviews here on TripAdvisor stating that it was available upon request.

The Executive lounge on the 8th floor is also nice. Pam, who is usually there in the morning on weekdays, is genuinely nice and personable. Sandra, who is almost always there in the afternoon/evening is also just as nice and is extremely helpful. The fridge is always filled with water and soft drinks! The breakfast in the Executive lounge is decent but is definitely nothing to be excited about.

The Gym is also very nice. There is usually a staff that oversees the facility and will clean the machines after each use as well as replace the towels for each machine. They have recently upgraded the free-weight machines/equipments. The swimming pool and the hot tub are also nice.

Parking is usually pretty good even when there were big events going on around the hotel. It seems like they do reserve enough spots for hotel guests.

The shuttle bus service is a little slow, but it is better than nothing. The usual wait time is about 15 - 30 minutes for the bus. Though recently, there have been times that they were available right away as well so it kind of depends on your luck and timing.

Like I said at the beginning, if I did not find the Hilton Omaha to be good, then I wouldn't have already stayed here for 60+ nights in the past 7 months. I believe that the rooms and the services is at the very least on par, if not better, than other hotels in the Downtown/Old Market area. I will continue to stay here whenever there are available rooms at the usual rates unless they really upset me with something, in which case I will definitely write another review on here to let you guys know about that particular issue(s).

In short, I highly recommend this hotel. I believe it is one of the best hotels in the Downtown/Old Market area.

Room Tip: If you don't mind walking a little longer distance from the elevators, be sure to ask for a room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review, we sincerely grateful for the opportunity to be or service to you and be your home away from home during you stay in Omaha!

We appreciate the recognition of our team members that you interacted with most often, they are certain deserving of your kind comments.

Everyone here at the Hilton Omaha would like to wish you a very genuine and appreciative THANK YOU!!

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Apparently the Hilton has been hosting a lot of bachelor parties and wedding parties on weekends. There were 3 parties on 9/7/12. According to the Front Desk staff, they put them all on the same floor to isolate them from the other guests. But my room was right next to one of the central party rooms. By 3:30am I had had no sleep and had to work the next day so I called down to the front desk to do something. There was shouting, lots of banging on other doors and loud voices in the halls- non stop!! I waited in the hall for the Security person. No one came. Around 4:30am, a security person came walking down the hall, but he had no idea what I was talking about. He claimed that no one had called him and there were no previous complaints! At that time, the lady on the other side of the party room came out bleary eyed- she also had gotten no sleep. What really annoyed me is that he made absolutely no attempt to knock on the party room doors to ask them to keep it down. I am guessing this is big business for the Hilton.

FYI: So before you check in on the weekends, verify that your room is NOT on the party floor. Ask to change rooms right away if you have been lied to. At check out, after I had calmly and patiently told the Front Desk person my story, she said she hoped I had gotten some sleep. How? Was she crazy?
I really hate to write negative reviews but this is just a caveat so you don't end up sleep deprived like me!

1  Thank nancysue
noallster, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Nancysue,

Thank you for submitting your feedback. I was very sorry to read that you had issues with noise during your stay.

It is wedding season, and we do have several guests who stay with us celebrating these occasions. We do try to pre-assign specific wedding block rooms to be near each other, but we definitely do not assign all wedding blocks on the same floor. It is inaccurate to say that we have a "party floor" specifically designated for guests that we think might be noisy.

Thanks to feedback such as yours, our management team has met to discuss new security procedures related to noise complaints. We have seen fewer complaints as a result of these changes.

We appreciate your comments and hope to be able to welcome you back to the Hilton Omaha in the near future.

Best regards,

Noall Silvester

Reviewed September 6, 2012

We went to Omaha on a whim for Labor Day weekend. The Omaha Hilton was close to all attractions. And a few blocks from the Old Market area where you can enjoy shops, restaurants, bars etc. The staff dropped us off at sites since we did not rent a car. They also picked us up promptly at the airport.
We are Diamond members of Hilton hotels so we stayed on the Executive floor. We had breakfast every morning, afternoon beverages and snacks too. Free wifi, and our room was very comfy. WE had a late flight home and they extended our check out till 2 pm, and executive privileges till 6pm. Did not eat at restaurant but martinis were good at the bar.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the executive floor, it is reasonably priced. It has indoor pool, state of art exercise...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review and as a Diamond member, for your loyalty to Hilton!

Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you have more weekend whims and visit again soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

...Then this is your place. We stayed here for four nights and the fire alarm went off three times: once at 2am when it was pulled, but also at 8:30am and 10am on different days, for several seconds. I understand that you can do nothing when you host a wedding full of idiots and one pulls the fire alarm, but it going off for just a few seconds on subsequent days was just too much. It's very, very loud. We realized that this is a common thing though when there were still staff hanging around inside the lobby once we got down from the top floor and came around the building. There seemed to be no staff there to direct people though, which was also odd.
If given the choice, I would not stay here again. I probably would have opted for the Doubletree instead. I agonized over that choice for a while and regret my decision. This is in a decent location. It's not terribly close to Old Market, but there are some very good bars and restaurants in the NoDo area, a block or two away. If you're at a convention or going to something at the baseball stadium, then this is ideal. And Old Market is still walkable and it feels safe to walk it.
Conventions are their bread and butter, and that's very obvious. We never really felt particularly welcome, appreciated or invited by the staff. They weren't rude, they just weren't terribly helpful or nice. I mention this because the staff have been the shining stars in most Hilton family properties I've stayed in, even when the facilities left a lot to be desired.
But it's quite the opposite here. The facilities are actually awesome. The lobby that you first step into is just beautiful. There's this great outdoor patio area that's attached to the bar (so the downside is that you cannot sit out there with your own drinks) and lots of nice sitting areas on the inside. There's a Starbucks inside the lobby as well if you like that sort of thing (there's the better, locally owned Blue Line Coffee two blocks away). My issue with the lobby was that, as internet is charged at $10 per day but wifi is available for free in the lobby, I was driven to the lobby to work periodically. However, there are very few spaces where you can work with a laptop comfortably. They have some tall seats at a table, but there are no plugs. They have some available computers, but I can't use them to work. The areas where there were plugs available had those flip plugs that you find in the floors. I didn't see any wall outlets.
We paid $10 extra per night for the executive floor. This entitles you to a free breakfast; free sodas, coffee and water throughout the day; and a free (except for the alcohol) happy hour of sorts in the evenings. This is offered at other Hilton properties, but usually for free if you're a certain level of Hilton Honors member. It was worth it though. The breakfast was usually pretty good and it was nice just having access to that room. I would have liked if I could have plugged in (there were jacks) and used the internet inside the executive lounge, but it didn't work. They have their own computers that you can use though.
Parking is $10 per night for in/out privileges. Other than it not working the first time we tried to leave (we were let out immediately by security and it was fixed when we came back after we stopped by the front desk), it was fine. There are some really tight spaces, and having all of those big John Deere trucks there on the first couple of days was annoying.
The room was relatively large. King bed, desk, chairs and an ottoman. The bathroom was very nice. Except for the periodic awakenings, it was a very pleasant stay in the room. We were at the end of the hall by the freeway but really couldn't hear it for the most part. One nice perk was the mini-fridge in the room. You usually don't see that in urban, convention-centered hotels, so it was nice to have.

Room Tip: The north-facing rooms would be the quietest as they face away from the freeway and are not above th...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank colinaz

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.

We are very sorry the fire alarms detracted from your stay with us. We do make every effort to make the egress and return to the hotel as effecient as possible, and I apologize if instructions were not clearly communicated throughtout.

We hope that your overall experience will reflect our efforts to provide an enjoyable stay and that our location will encourage you to return again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The room was fine (clean, adequately nice, good location, but the thermostat sorta puttered out on us so it was hot at a setting of 65F), but there were lotsa extra expenses. $10 for parking, fees for wifi and a super spendy continental breakfast. We skipped wifi (duh), but were too hungry in the morning to venture elsewhere for bfast. With tax and tip it was $20 each for a very basic meal (and I got to watch the omelet chef refill his bucket o' eggs from a very appetizing bag o' liquid "eggs"). The service at the restaurant was pretty terrible, with our waiter frantically running from table to table, pestering us for drink orders when we asked him for a few minutes, sweat literally dripping off of his face. I feel bad for overworked waiters, but when we're paying out the wazoo for some cold faux eggs, couldn't they at least hire enough help to bus the tables?? I mean it was a buffet, for goodness sake. Why was he so flustered? And the waiter/hostess/menu managed to make a very simple selection of buffet options into a very complicated decision. The words "buffet," "continental," "complete," and "brunch" were thrown around and used interchangeably, but we learned after much ridiculous confusion that there were three levels of buffet - continental being the most limited, followed by complete, then brunch. See? Easy. Also, they made self-parking a bit confusing for us. Very odd. Anyway, my final bit of whining is regarding the very very loud, large wedding groups staying at the hotel. A valet mentioned they have big weddings pretty much every weekend. We were fortunate to have a room across the hall from celebrators who kept their door open w/(loud) people coming and going all night. At 2:30am we called the front desk, and they informed us that there wasn't anything they could do but offer us a new room. We didn't want to pack up our stuff and move, so..little sleep for us. They couldn't send someone to ask them to quiet down? Overall, a very mediocre stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rae B

Our sincere apologies for the series of problems encountered during your stay.

I would like to talk with your personally so that I can look into the dates of your stay to better understand how we can improve our service and ensure that your problems are resolved.

I will contact you via private messaging through Trip Advisor.