“Excellent Hotel - but don't try to check in before 3pm”
Review of Hilton Omaha

Hilton Omaha
Ranked #10 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were there one night for a wedding. The hotel was beautiful and in an excellent location- steps away from Old Market Area, where the reception was located. Hotel rooms were very nice and has a nice bar in the lobby.

But, do not plan on being able to check in early. We drove 7 hours and arrived at the hotel at noon. I knew the check-in time was at 3:00 but have never really had a problem checking into a room early. We got to the hotel at 12:30 and the lady at the front desk said there no rooms had been cleaned and checkout time was not until 12:00. She took our name and told us that she would call us when a room opened up. I told her we had a wedding to go to at 3:00 so we would appreciate whatever she could do to help us out. We went to lunch and came back about an hour later- 1:30 pm. At that time she said that there were still no clean rooms. I told her that sounded ridiculous to me- surely someone checked out early or that housekeeping could clean one room for us since we were so desperately waiting. However, she told me that housekeeping took lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 so no one was available to clean the rooms until they returned from lunch.

It was getting late and we had to leave for the wedding at 2:15 pm so we were allowed to get ready in the fitness center locker rooms. The locker rooms were very nice with all the amenities necessary. The attendant was very friendly and helpful. Eventually, we were able to check in to the room.

I understand check in time is 3:00 pm and I took full responsibility for that. I just have never had a problem checking in early. Also, it confuses me about why they would schedule the cleaning people's lunch hour all at the same time and right during checkout time.

Regardless, I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and would stay here again- as long as I don't need to be checked into the room before 3:00 pm!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonOmaha, Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2011

Thank you for your review, I apologize that we could not accomodate your early check-in need.

Most times we are able to meet early arrival requests, however, following peak sold out nights and guests leaving at varied times, we are sometimes unable to meet these requests.

Lunches for housekeeping team members are staggered to accomplish their break periods as well as providing continual servicing of guestrooms throughout the day; I am very sorry that this was not communicated better.

Thank you for your understanding and we do look forward to you returning again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,458)

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Omaha a few years back and enjoyed the stay. This time it was a whole different story. After waiting for a room for over 2 hours I was given a room that was not what I booked (2-doubles not a king). The 5th and 6th floors are undercontruction ...guess where my room was...the 4th floor... after an hour of heavy construction noise above my head I deceided to take a walk. They are updating and the rooms really need it...so. Do yourself a favor and wait to book a stay here until the construction is done...stay at the Hilton Garden Inn or Courtyard they are closer to the Market Street area anyways. Hopefully after the dust settles things will improve.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the Stadium not the City less noise
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for you review!

I would like to get additional details about your stay with us and I have sent you a private message with my contact information; please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you again!

Reviewed July 22, 2011

High-end design with well-appointed rooms. Nice bathrooms. Pet-friendly (we brought our 55 lb golden retriever). The location is ideal for access to the "Old Market," the Qwest Convention Center and the ballpark; everything is within walking distance (although the Old-Market is a little more of a trek). We were particularly pleased with the customer service we received in regard to several issues that arose. When we entered our room, the smoke alarm was signaling a dying battery. We called the front desk and the issue was resolved in less than 5 minutes. On the third night of our stay, we returned to the hotel early in the evening because we had to get up very early the next morning. We were planning on watching a little TV before bed but quickly realized that a bachelorette party had moved into the room that adjoined ours. It was only 7:30 and we didn't relish listening to the loud group for several hours, anticipating the usual later-night, drunken return. We asked the manager if they could move us to another room. They didn't have another king room available, so they moved the party instead. Amusingly, the bachelorettes repaid us by setting the radio alarming in the neighboring room at full volume for 4:50 a.m. Can't say that I blame them, but the front desk also resolved this within minutes.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonOmaha, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us!

We appreciate you letting us know about the smoke alarm battery so that we could get it replaced.

Thank you, especially, for your understanding of the adjacent guests. Our security team is diligent in their efforts to promote our "quiet enjoyment" policy; unfortunately, the subsequent radio alarm prank was unforeseen and we do apologize for this.

We are delighted to offer a pet friendly property and are happy to hear that you and your golden retriever enjoyed your stay and the service from our team.

We look forward to you returning again soon!

Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed here for an evening getaway. The rooms were average for a Hilton and furniture showed its age, but everything is being upgraded and should be mostly new in the next month or so. The lobby is very nice for relaxing and several food options are available. The staff was friendly and accomodating. You could walk to the baseball stadium from here (Ameritrade Park), but it's better to drive to Old Market destinations at night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonOmaha, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2011

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Omaha!!

To keep our hotel sparkling and beautiful, you are absolutely correct that we are undergoing a full remodel of all 450 guestrooms and in addition, we are adding 150 new guestrooms, lobby remodel, health club upgrades as well as the addition of 100 parking spaces and a 6,500 square-foot ballroom. Completion of the project is slated for December 31, 2011

We also offer 24-hour, complimentary shuttle service to and from the Old Market or any business or attraction within a 3-mile radius.

We hope you will return soon to enjoy the new surroundings and the many wonderful things Omaha has to offer!

Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was my first stay at the Hilton Omaha and it was at high occupancy due to the adjacent College World Series finals. It is undergoing an expansion at present which did not seem to be a big disruption, but the staff did seem a bit overwhelmed by the high volume of check-ins.

POSITIVES:
- Great location near the river, ballpark, and connected to the Qwest Center.
- Friendly staff.
- Free, clean, safe airport shuttle running every 30 minutes.
- Parking was affordable relative to other destinations I frequent.

NEGATIVES:
- No breakfast options before 6am, at which time the selection is limited to grab and go offerings; not ideal for business travelers since the breakfast options at the Omaha Airport are lacking as well.
- I didn't anticipate an upgrade offered for Diamond HHonors since the hotel was at high occupancy, but I did expect 24 hour key card access to the Executive Lounge. It is locked during off hours so do not plan to grab a soda or bottle of water unless it's during specific, staffed hours.
- Showers at the fitness center do not have any shampoo and the soap was foaming anti-bacterial soap that you'd expect to use exclusively on your hands. This makes it difficult to freshen up when you're checking in early and your room isn't ready.
- Noise from the adjacent ballpark late at night. Granted, the final game of the College World Series had just taken place, but you might experience the same when other sporting events or concerts adjourn.

Room Tip: Stay in odd # rooms to limit noise from ballpark
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for providing your insight following your stay, you have made many great points and we appreciate your perspective.

We are grateful for your compliments as well as areas of improvement needed; you have provided very helpful information for us to direct our attentions to ensure we are serving our guests.

Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you back very soon!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We arrived at Hilton Omaha tired, hungry and cranky after an 8 hour road trip and expected a typical Hilton. This Hilton is not "typical". It is fantastic. Clearly they have recently remodeled, and the lobby and restaurant are gorgeous. The rooms were incredible...we wanted to stay all week. Location was great - we walked to the famous pedestrian bridge that crosses the Missouri River (hotel is directly across the street from the Qwest Center, and across the parking lot from the baseball park). The hotel shuttle took us to old town Omaha for dinner, so we could eat and drink without worrying about parking or the car (a very short drive, but it was raining).

Disclosure: I am a Hilton Diamond member, so I am very familiar with Hilton hotels (but I don't work for Hilton nor represent them).

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonOmaha, Manager at Hilton Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Thank you for your review, we look forward to being of service to you again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Maybe you look at a hotel differently when you are staying in your hometown. We booked a room through a block of rooms reserved for our daughter's wedding, which took place in our hometown. The outside of the hotel is nice with an outdoor lounge with fireplace and the lobby is very spacious. Our room was a double queen and it was rather small. But the thing I noticed right off the bat was the furniture is showing its age and is in need of replacement. The room did have a refrigerator, but it was not very cold and it had a sign that said to contact management if you wanted to use it. Perhaps they need to turn it on? Not sure, but I've never seen that before. My daughter and her bridesmaids stayed in a suite which had a great view of downtown, but I've seen much nicer suites. The hotel is close to downtown and Omaha's popular Old Market district and just a block from the new TD Ameritrade Stadium which will host the College World Series. To be fair, I don't think I paid much attention to the service at this hotel as I was too involved being the mother of the bride. They are adding on several new rooms, so maybe in the process they will update furniture in their existing rooms. However, with the growth and improvements taking place in Omaha, I think this hotel needs to up their game to compete with some of the newer boutique hotels in downtown Omaha.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review, we look forward to being of service to you again soon.