“Dirty and pricey”

Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Junction City, Kansas
“Dirty and pricey”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Check-in was quick and efficient and for the most part the staff was friendly and competent. The room smelled really musty and damp, and by the time we checked-out it had permeated all of our stuff. I had to wash everything twice when we got home to get the smell out. The carpet was dirty and actually made your feet black. The beds were super uncomfortable. The mini-fridge and microwave were handy and clean. The bathroom was reasonably decent but definitely needed updating and regrouting. Breakfast was okay. The pool was so hot that it was uncomfortable and so was the pool room. The water was easily over 95 degrees so it was more like a hot tub, and the room was probably 100 degrees so it was very sauna-like. Its not a cheap hotel so we expected at the very least a clean room. We were disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank bmod1010
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while you were here. We have been working hard for the past year, changed out a lot of the staff, and are renovating the rooms to get up to where we need to be. We hope you would consider giving us another shot in the future. Hope you have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed July 23, 2011

The door at the south end of hotel broken and open all night. Shower head was moldy. Breakfast featured frozen bisquits (still frozen) served with cold gravy. Desk clerk was filling breakfast bar while checking people out. Just unkept..seemed like owners wanted the rate, without spending any money on maintanence. A real disappointment for a comfort hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chester3924

Travelers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Will not stay here again. Room carpet was stained & dirty. Bed linens were damp, not dried completely. Could not get any xtra towels as needed. Refrigerator was all frosted up and moldy around edges. Evening help was great even though he was new. He really tried to accommodate. Not a place I'd like to stay at again. Have never stayed in a Comfort Suites Hotel/Motel that was as nasty as this one. They are usually very clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Iowa1956
Tann, Germany
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.I´m staying there almost every year and they have got a good rate. The rooms are nice and clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Not much to recommend this hotel; it had the usual Comfort ammenities though nothing
was more than average. Nothing bad as several other reviews mentioned.. A somewhat hard location to get to. It is located fairly conveniently to Borshiems's Jewelry store &
another mall. It served our purposes of a decent place to sleep and have breakfast
while focusing activitiea away from the hotel. At check-in there was some helpful
printed material about the special events of that weekend; one check-in person seemed to know little about the area while the other was able to give decent directions and a tip
to local restaurant.

Room Tip: west facing= good sunset view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 20, 2011

There were dead ladybugs in our room. The pool area has tiles falling off the walls. The front desk staff were friendly but we wanted a late check-out and the best they could do was noon. I needed another 45 minutes until my husband was done with his workshop, so my 3-year-old and I had to sit in the lobby after we'd checked out. The property is off a one-way street so it's a bit difficult to get to/from the highway and the sign is small - we would not have seen it at night.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Coming for one night in March, the hotel felt very humid upon stepping into the lobby, due to the pool (which I did not use). I only slept in the hotel. My room was spacious and the ventilation was on in the room when I entered, so did not experience the humidity in my room. I had asked for a quiet room and got a room at the end of the hallway, away from traffic. The internet was speedy. I chose this hotel because AAA had given it a 2-diamond rating, which was fine for my needs and it was very decently priced and close to the area of Omaha that I was visiting. I gave an overall rating of very good because it was a no frills hotel that was very reasonably priced and would recommend it as such to others.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo