“A gem of an art museum”
Review of Joslyn Art Museum

Joslyn Art Museum
Ranked #4 of 128 things to do in Omaha
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a jewel art museum in the Great Plains. A fine permanent collection - I particularly love the French nineteenth century collection and their Western Art. Their special exhibitions are always well curated. A beautiful building - the original section is spectacular, and the addition nicely compliments it with Chihully's in the windows. Well worth your time.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

My dad and I had the opportunity to visit this exquisite grouping of art pieces on our recent trip to Omaha. I had my graduation in the Roosevelt Room and after the ceremony decided to view the art work. Beautiful pieces are displayed at the Joslyn at this time.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

LOVE that entry into this museum is now FREE thanks to the Sherwood Foundation! Art should be able to be seen by everyone and free entry ensures that accessibility.

The temporary exhibit of modern art was very interesting. I would have liked to explore that section longer. There is a system where you can use your smartphone to hear descriptions of certain pieces, but my phone did not get good coverage in the building. If you also have that issue, ask to borrow a free i-Pod! I did and it worked well. Nice idea.

The Chihuly glass piece at the entry is lovely. I would have given this museum 5 stars, but the cafe was closed and it seems like it should be open for at least coffee while the museum is open.

Friendly staff, well kept museum. For sure worth a visit while you are in Omaha.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Joslyn Art Museum has an incredible rotating collection of Midwestern & Native American Art, including a huge collection of Karl Bodmer's works completed during his journey to this region in the 1830s. A must-see. Contemporary works, Impressionism, early Christian are a few of the highlights of the permanent collection. If you live in town or are moving here, check out the children - adult art classes - TOP NOTCH.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We ended up coming here on our way out of town and very greatful we did. Loved the displays, however some of it was closed for updates. BUT its free. We did leave a large donation on the way out!

Been to Joslyn Art Museum? Share your experiences!