“Over priced. My three kids were done in less than 2 hours.”

Omaha Children's Museum
Ranked #7 of 111 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on museum that provides an ever-changing series of interactive exhibits, workshops, and special events.
Shawnee, Kansas
“Over priced. My three kids were done in less than 2 hours.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We weren't a big fan of this children's museum. It might be because we have been to a lot of them over the years but this one just seemed really small. My 11 year old only liked the science room and the Clifford exhibit took up the entire second floor. That was for toddlers to about age 5. You have to pay an extra $2 per person to go there. We didn't know what age group it was for so we spent an extra $6. Admission is now $8.00 a person ALL ages!!! This place shouldn't cost more than their beautiful zoo.

I read and agree with a lot of the positive reviews but I needed to put in my two cents since I wish I would have been more spectical.

We love Omaha!

Kansas City
“Super Surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

Omaha has a Children's Museum???!!! Not just a small little hole in the wall but a huge two story interactive museum great for those under third or fourth grade. We traveled to Omaha from Kansas City to see the Zoo. We went to the Children's Museum the first day then the kids demanded togo back the second. We never made it to the zoo. A great exhibit called Construction Zone...Great for both my kids. We will hit the zoo this summer...but won't miss this jem again. Nice job Omaha!

Omaha
“My 1 yr enjoys this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

Great Museum!--It is truly fun for all ages-- It has 2 floors of many act ivies and lots of 'hands-on" I have been taking my daughter since she was learning to crawl and she still gets excited when-ever we are pulling in to the parking lot! They also always have an exhibition going on! Very friendly staff, and always clean!

kansas city, mo
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We had a blast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2009

Our 2-year-old loved this museum - from the Science area with the balls in pneumatic tubes, to the kid-sized grocery store and water playtable, we had a hard time getting him to leave. Staff was friendly and attentive, and there were lots of things for him to do without getting bored for more than 2 hours.

Colorado Springs, CO
276 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,015 helpful votes
“fun but limited”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2007

This museum is in downtown with no restaurants near by (exept a pub across the street we didn't want to take our kids too) - so eat lunch first. We didn't and had to drive 15 min one way to find food!

The museum was fun for our kids! They charged us more admission than their website advertised, due to a price increase which wasn't updated on their website.

They have an art area but no one there to guide the kids so all the supplies my kids could find were scraps of construction paper. Art is our daughter's favorite thing!

The grocery store area was fun also but there was only one check out register so the kids had to wait a long time in line after shopping.

There is also a water play area, big red firetruck, toy house, and a cow you can milk but it was out of water.

All of that is in the front section. The back section was their science area. That was a huge area for balls. There were cranes and gadgets, etc which moved plastic balls through pipes to a bucket on the ceiling which opened and dumped the balls out on top of you.

Our kids loved this museum and didn't want to leave! We found it limited due to the space but also the variety -- comparing it of course to other Children's Museums we've been to.

They do have a huge museum store but everything is quite overpriced, as expected.

We went to the Lincoln Children's Museum next and my kids loved it a hundred times more than this one! It is definately worth the 45 minute drive if you go west.

6 Thank nowincolorado