“Absolutely amazing!”

Omaha Children's Museum
Ranked #7 of 127 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: Hands-on museum that provides an ever-changing series of interactive exhibits, workshops, and special events.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My parents actually took my 3 year old daughter to the museum, and I feel that my mom had more fun than anyone there. My daughter was so excited to tell me about all the fun they have there. It is very hands on, theres a lot to do, and very stimulating. Definitely worth the go!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

It has lots of different areas to play - each being different - art areas for painting or crafts, a tool shop, computer games, a great ball area for "gravity" testing, and upstairs for different attractions.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It had a lot of things to do but there was a lack of staff monitoring activities. There were some bigger kids trampling down the littler ones. At times it was not a safe placeThe parents were not controlling their children, it would have been nice if there was staff there to help. We looked for a staff member but couldn't find one.

1  Thank Natasha B
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was neither the best or worst children's museum we have been to.The things that set it apart (and the thing that my daughter still talks about ) are the performances the staff put on. In this case it was a fairy tale princess performance. My 3 year old was enthralled. The staff were all very helpful!Snacks were more reasonably prices than most children's museum we have encountered.I also loved the classic carousel upstairs. I do not recommend this place for children over 8 or so. We took my 12 year old and she got bored.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The museum consists of two floors. The top has a temporary exhibit, currently "A Bug's Life" and a carousel (both of which costs extra). The bottom floor includes an arts and crafts area, a "pretend area" (grocery store), and a science area. Everything is interactive, but it was so crowded that it was hard to do anything but keep an eye on the kids. I took my 4 and 10 year old nephews and 7 year old niece. The 4 year old seem to enjoy it, the other two were less impressed with the 10 year old being completely bored, even in the science area. A nice surprise for the adults was a place to get snacks and sit while the kids were playing. For very young children I think they will enjoy, but by the time they are school aged, they may be less impressed. For me, it was loud and crowded and I wouldn't be all that interested in returning.