“Cafeteria atmosphere”

Add it.
Galo Brazilian Grill
Cuisines: Brazilian
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went last Friday night to Galo Brazilian Grill and I have to admit were disappointed. I did not expect a cafeteria / cantine style atmosphere with plastic plates and trays.
We were seated and then could go to the buffet and pick our food. The meat was great (good variety!), but the salad buffet was disappointing in my opinion. Not too many options! Also hardly any good Brazilian stuff on the buffet. Looked all very "mid-western" to me....
The taste was ok - but nothing fancy or special.
Anyway, after picking your food you go to the cash register where your food will be weighed. You pay by the pound. $8.99/lbs - pretty fair price.
This restaurant would do great in a big college town close to a college campus in my opion.

The WORST to me in my opion were actually the plastic plates!!! They were all scratched up and looked so old and used. That was my first impression and it disgusted me throughout the meal that I had to eat from such a plate.

If you love Brazilian food and if you have been to a "Texas do Brazil" or a "Fogo de Chao" here in the US, then you will not like the Galo Brazilian Grill.

I tried it, but I will not be back.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The food was very good and the variety was excellent. However, we went on a Sunday evening and there was only one person carving the grilled meat. With only half a dozen table occupied, we waited at least 10 minutes to get through the buffet line. Table service for drinks was very prompt, but they needed another person - or a more experienced person - at the carving station. A busy lunch might be a disaster. But it's worth the trip and it's great to have another ethnic option in the metro area.

2  Thank thereareplaces
Reviewed April 21, 2012

At first the idea of getting your plate weighed after each trip to the buffet may seem daunting esp with our old fashioned notion of all you can eat buffets. However 2 of us ate our fill and ended up buying another 2 meals to go and the total came to about $40 (yup $40 for 4-5 meals!!) Now to the food. DELICIOUS! The salad bar had a good selection (try a bit of the chicken and te crab salads) Then comes the sides. Tasty rice, stuffen peppers, polenta, again good variety. The meats were fire roasted and the thin slices allows you to really savour the taste. Try the chicken wrapped in bacon! Overall, good quality food for a decent price. Definetly on our repeat list!

2  Thank Louis and Alexa... G
Reviewed March 16, 2012

The Brazilian Grill is a delightful change of pace. At first it can seem a bit confusing but it doesn't take long to adjust. The food is buffet style. The price you pay depends on the weight of the food on your plate. I completely agree with the other reviewer about how great the chicken wrapped in bacon is. We made our first visit mid-afternoon - a great time with not too many people. This gave us a chance to chat with the cook about the different food choices. The restaurant is pleasant but not fancy at all.

3  Thank Elainest
Reviewed March 14, 2012

Finally you dont have to order an entree and get stuck with a side dish that you dont want.
Its not just fries, chips, or salad as a side...

This place has more options than you can possibly think of!
All of the meat options are delicious and cooked to your preference...
CHICKEN WRAPPED IN BACON.. OMG delicious!

You have so many options and you pay according to how much food (measured by weight) you have chosen, no more paying for sloppy side dishes that you dont want!

This Brazilian Restaurant is a MUST when travelling to Omaha!

Owners, and managers made a point to personally greet us and make sure that we were enjoying our time.
The service at Galo Brazilan Grill was AMAZING!
J.P and his management team made us feel like we were a part of the family!
Thank you J.P and good luck!
**** This place should be voted number 1****