“Needs some modernization but good for price”

BEST WESTERN Old Mill Inn
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped here for one night. My king bed room was clean and tidy, with clean bedding and towels. It needs updating in places but who really cares. The fitness room was very poor and the owners need to spend some cash here! Only one treadmill (old), two Schwinn bikes (one with a broken seat, the other with a loose pedal) and a weights machine which had broken cables. The pool area was welcoming and the hot tub was hot! Lovely! Overall, good for a nights rest.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jacknclare8289

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Here for work one night--near client site. For the Corp Rate I paid, I didn't expect much, but will be happy to return next time in town. A little hard to get to, this hotel has a Camelot them with knights in armor and such.

My 303 room was huge with large bedroom and separate similar sized sitting room, both with flat screen TVs. Other amenities of note: soft bed, smaller desk, A/C was unit under the windew--a little loud, but worked well.

There were at least 9 theme rooms also--I only saw the names on the doors and the pictures in the lobby.

See my pics of the hotel and room 303.

Breakfast was below average IMO. Normal range of carb loaded foods, two hot items, coffee, juice and waffle maker--always like them.

Staff was friendly enough, no complaints.

I'd stay again, for sure for 1-2 nights, not sure if longer. But corp rate was good.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Overall an average hotel, no major issues. For me the pros were it was close to a couple eating places, close to a run/walk path, and had a large king room. The cons were that it was a little outdated, my sink ran slow, and I could hear the people next to me crystal clear. I did look at Google Maps before coming and that helped a lot in getting to the hotel. Would still recommend for a quick stop.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped here for an overnight on a road trip. As others have stated, it was a little tricky to get to, but once there, it was a welcome sight. Be warned: there is a regular customer who double/triple parks his pick up in the lot.

Rooms were clean, staff was courteous, and the price was right.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had trouble finding the hotel, but after a bit of patience the area made sense and we found it. Well worth it, clean inside and out. Pool was nice. We had a theme room with Jacuzzi and enjoyed it. Nice breakfast. Highly recommend this out of the way place..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This Best Western property was average or slightly below but provided a nice 3 night stay. First off, the hotel is very hard to get to as it sits in a maze of roads within a business type complex. Once we did get there, we were greeted by a very nice lady that checked us in. We were on the 3rd floor and was happy to see that unlike some BW property's, there was an elevator. The room was average with older decor but it was clean and had everything we needed. There was a fridge and microwave and a nice flat screen TV. Our room was right next to the elevator and was noisy throughout the evening so would ask for a room away from the elevator next time. Although the room was clean, we had to ask the cleaning staff each day for coffee supplies, the same number of towels that they picked up etc. Not a big deal but these are things that shouldn't have to be asked for. The ice machine was on the first floor so was not so handy to use. The pool area and gym were both nice and well maintained.

We both thought the breakfast was a bit under par from other BW we have stayed at. The pastries and donuts were stale and the eggs very dry. The breakfast area didn't seem to be attended well as what eggs were ran out and never refilled while we were there, and it was early.

All in all the Settle Inn was an OK place to stay for the price; I'm sure we would stay there again. Just plan on eating breakfast elsewhere and take inventory of towels, coffee etc. after the staff cleans your room to make sure you won't need more.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Like most of the reviewers, I would agree that the hotel is difficult to find unless you do your homework on Google Maps or something similar. I was able to get to the hotel with no problem. The room we had was quite small, but for my wife and I it was adequate. We were suppose to have a queen size bed, but the room had only a double bed. Once again it was adequate. Those are my only complaints. This is an older property but not bad décor. The hotel is one of the cleanest I have ever been in, not even a tiny paper scrap on the floor. I heard very little noise even though there were plenty of children staying there. Plenty of towels provided in an extremely clean bathroom. Front desk staff was helpful. Check-out was fast. There is a walking/biking trail behind the hotel that goes for miles either direction. Plenty of good restaurants close by. All in all, this was a nice stay for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple