“Dinner with Frank Sinatra”
Review of Saigon Surface

Saigon Surface
Ranked #48 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband and I were travelling through Omaha, and needed a find a place for supper. We checked Groupon to see if there was an offer at a nearby restaurant. The daily deal was Saigon Surface, and based on the reviews, we decided to try it out. We certainly were not disappointed.

We were seated immediately upon arrival. Each table is equipped with an iPad from which you can choose the music for the restaurant, on top of everything else an iPad can do. I admit that this provided me far too much entertainment, and my husband ended up having to choose most of what we were going to order while I looked for music that suited my mood. (I ended up finding Frank Sinatra, which was perfect.)

We ordered the spring rolls and Bun Bo to start. Both were incredible. The bowl of Bun Bo was more of a tub than a bowl - it was huge! And with so much flavour. We then shared the Chilean Sea Bass Clay Pot and Lemongrass Sautéed Prawns. I thought the prawns bordered on overdone, but everything else was perfect!

The service was excellent as well. We had a main server, but another server came by regularly to take away empty plates and refill our water. We will definitely return if we end up in Omaha again.

- deezledubb's wife

Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you're tired of the standard downtown fare, this is a great alternative. Small, but I've always been seated promptly. Knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff. Food is always very good.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

First visit to this lovely little place...I will be back! The vegetarian pho was amazing. Service was quick, efficient and friendly. Decor modern. I was a little worried about the size of the small booth we were seated at, but it was just fine.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Came for dinner and was not disappointed. The food was great, as was the service. Nice urban decor and dinner was served quickly. Highly recommend.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Came here for the first time with a friend. I was new to Vietnamese cuisine and both she and the server were very helpful explaining the menu and recommending items. I had a spring roll (it was very pretty) and I discovered I don't care for rice paper. However, if that's your thing, go for it - the peanut sauce with it was really good. For an entree I had a prawn and pork clay pot - oh, my goodness was it good! We skipped dessert, but they all sounded good. Can't wait to go back and try more!