“Great food, a must!”

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
“Great food, a must!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Came here for the first time with a friend. I was new to Vietnamese cuisine and both she and the server were very helpful explaining the menu and recommending items. I had a spring roll (it was very pretty) and I discovered I don't care for rice paper. However, if that's your thing, go for it - the peanut sauce with it was really good. For an entree I had a prawn and pork clay pot - oh, my goodness was it good! We skipped dessert, but they all sounded good. Can't wait to go back and try more!

Omaha, Nebraska
“trendy...but look elsewhere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

admittedly the food is authentic-including drinks from the bar, the prices are reasonable ($10-15 entrees) the environment is very chic/modern, but the service is fair at best... our wait staff admitted a snafu with one of his tables but I could not understand why someone else could not/did not pick up the slack- after all with only 4 or so tables occupied and plenty if staff service was very poor..in summary great opportunity/potential lost with poor execution! I'm going else where next time I'm in the mood for Vietnamese fare

• Visited December 2012
Syracuse, New York
“Great ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The service and ambience are great. The food is flavorful, but not really authentic Vietnamese. The Pho could definitely do with more flavor. However, if one doesn't compare this restaurant with the hole in the wall Vietnamese places, then it is a good Vietnamese fusion restaurant to go for dinner. The Banh Mi is really good, so it might be worth it going the for lunch.

“What a surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

This place was at taste of omaha and I had there "ham sandwich" not the actual name, and thought it was good. So after debating and driving we decided to pull in. it beat all expectations. The ginger cosmo was awesome, apps were good size. I had curry tilapia and the misses had salmon. Both were perfect. We will be back soon with friends. O and the ipad that they pass around to play the music was cool. Made date night that much better. Kevin was great thanks for the great experience.

Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Food, atmosphere and service all top grade.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

It was or first time at Saigon Surface and I was very pleased with the quality of food. I had the Curry Tilapia Pot and it had a wonderful blend of coconut milk, curry and spice. My husband and son were equally happy with their meals. I loved the atmosphere as they had Ipads at each table and the it was a very clean urban setting.
I will put this one on my list to return to very soon.

• Visited August 2012