“Loved it, will visit everytime I go to Omaha”

Nicola's Italian Wine & Faire
Ranked #97 of 1,339 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Tiny, rustic indoor seating, with seating in a big beautiful outdoor garden. A very special way to enjoy an evening with friends or family. The homemade desserts are the perfect way to end a delightful meal. We want you to enjoy your evening and enjoy freshly made entrees, so they do take a little more time to prepare when ordering. We also cater business lunches and dinner parties. The red sauce has a little kick to it and I love our lasagna!
Olathe, Kansas
“Loved it, will visit everytime I go to Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate on the patio on a great 81 degree evening. The food is fresh made, so be prepared to wait a bit or order an appetizer. I should have done that for my 10 yr old. I had the Portabella Ravoli - to die for!! Pasta comes with a salad and bruschetta. Both very good! This dish did come with meatballs. I thought they were a little dense and undercooked (sorry!) The marinara was wonderful! My daughter ordered the tomato soup and it was also very, very good! My teen ordered the alfredo tortellini and she said it was just good. We tend to compare any Italian restaurant to The Hill in St. Louis. I thought this marinara and ravoli was better than I had eaten at The Hill. My daughter thought the alfredo wasn't as good, she said she would order the marinara next time.
Service was good, atmosphophere was the best they could do with that corner lot. The traffic was a bit noisy, but you are in the city! I liked the small size, it was very cozy! In a good way!! Would have loved to have been able to stay all night and drink wine, but had kids along!

• Visited August 2013
nicola n, Owner at Nicola's Italian Wine & Faire, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words! I'm so happy that you had a great meal while traveling.

Gurnee, Illinois
“Traveling salesman”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Main entire of lasagne was fantastic! It came with meatballs that were excellent! The soup and salad were just fair. Service poor with dirty plates left on the table and little follow up.
Come for the lasagna!

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your kind review! I have had a meeting with the wait staff to not forget the small details. It's very important.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very authentic, fresh-made italian. I have not eaten in every Italian place in Omaha, but quite a few and this is by far the best I have had.

• Visited June 2013
US
“We couldn't quit raving about the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Had a reservation on a busy evening with three girlfriends. We all had something different and loved it all. The small venue just adds to what makes this restaurant such a great find. If I find myself back in Omaha some day, I will definitely return.

• Visited February 2013
Roswell, Georgia
“Good food but not so great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We called prior to arriving just to make sure we could get in and were told no problem. It was fairly early on a warm Saturday night. The outside patio was full so we were seated right by the door at a small table in the dining room. The best thing I can say about our waiter was that he was good looking. His manner was dismissive and surly. I don't know if it was because we were two elderly women and he didn't think we were worthy of his attention, or what. We ordered the cheese and artichoke antipasto plate and a bottle of wine to start. The antipasto was nothing special. A selection of cheese with ONE small artichoke heart in the middle and a few olives sprinkled around the plate. The entire plate had been doused with olive oil and loaded with ground black pepper. Whoa! What a great way to ruin the subtle flavor of mild cheeses! Turns out as disappointing as that was it was a good thing we had it because it seems our entrees were MIA. After all of the surrounding tables had been served (and we were the first ones seated in the dining room) the waiter finally came by to tell us it would be 'just a couple more minutes'. We sat for another 10 minutes. Finally, I caught his eye and he said our meals were 'being plated' and would be right out.' They were, but they were both lukewarm. I have to say, the sauces were excellent and the pasta did taste homemade, but the poor service left a sour taste in my mouth. I would not recommend this server, but would recommend the food, especially the light marinara sauce.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Runner1st
Thank you for the review. I'm sorry about the servers lack of attention, they are no longer with us. I also took a look at the kitchens use of oil and it was too much. They have been retrained!