“Great Family Day Something for Everyone”
Review of Family Fun Center

Family Fun Center
Ranked #11 of 30 Fun & Games in Omaha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Family Fun Center XL has been Omaha's family entertainment center since 1982. They feature a large arcade with over 100 video games, Omaha's only 3-Level Lazertag, Omaha's only indoor Miniature Golf, Lazer Maze, a Rockwall, Billiards and a Buffet (purchase is not required but is recommended!). You'll find new games in their arcade plus retro 80's and 90's games, the best prices on games throughout the Omaha area, and a huge prize selection to redeem your tickets. Family Fun Center XL has attractions that cater to all age groups from children, teens and adults. Be sure to visit their website and click on "coupons" to get valuable discounts and coupons before visiting!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went with the whole family (3 generations). Grandparents spent time following the grandkids around playing skeeball and watching them ride the kiddie rides. Grandpa did find a pinball he liked, and Grandma found a machine that had dig dug, pac man and a bunch of games she new. The whole family Grandparents included played lazer tag, this was quite impressive considering how large it was and all the different levels. My nephews, me and my brother spent a lot of time in the paintless paintball area. This was like nothing I had played before. I have played regular paintball but this was crazy. You never stop firing and we had lots of welts to laugh at. We finished the evening out with a much calmer game of miniature golf. The kids won a lot of tickets, they decided to save them up for something extra big on their next visit.

Tony F, Owner at Family Fun Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Great to hear you had an all around wonderful experience. We get lots of compliments on our our paintless paintball so I am glad that it was a favorite! The new and classic games in the arcade are also always a big hit. Look forward to having your family back next time!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I took our family to the new Family Fun Center XL. I was quite impressed. We had gone there last year when they first oppened and it was a little bare. They have put in a lot more games and the place looks full and exciting. The overall cost is great (they have coupons on the website) I would recommend the Unlimitted Play deal for a full afternoon stay.

Tony F, Owner at Family Fun Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Jake K.
I am glad you noticed all the new games. We are working very hard to fill the arcade to the max with a mix of new games and classic favorites. Just in the last week 20+ games have been added to the arcade. And yes the Unlimited Play is the way to go if you want to get the biggest bang for you buck on 3 level Lazer tag, Indoor Paintless Paintball, Soft Foam Bazooka Ball, Super Hero Lazer Maze, Fun Rock Wall, and the 18 hole Glow Golf Heroes!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Games were okay, but very crowded. Felt dirty, and seemed understaffed. This place is probably okay for kids and teens, but very limited options for adults.

Tony F, Owner at Family Fun Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Scott, thanks for coming to the New Family Fun Center XL. It looks like you came in one of our peak months when we are very busy. Our facility has been a favorite for Omaha families for over 30 years, which explains the crowds you encountered. If you are looking to come to Family Fun Center XL during non peak hours try a weekday or early in the day. Hope this helps for your next visit and thanks again for your business!

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

My oldest son had his tenth BD party at ffxl. He loved it, as did his friends. My son has allergies, and the staff did a great job of working with me to accommodate him. The birthday package kept the kids entertained for two hours plus. A boys vs girls laser tag battle was fun for all the kids. I would not think twice about booking another event there.

I am glad your kids enjoyed the party so much. We have thousands of parties booked every year and pride ourselves in being one of the most affordable and most fun options in Omaha.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here as a family for my daughters birthday. Not only were the video games in bad mechanical shape but the help did not seem to put the customer first. Glow golf was a huge disappointment as was the lasar tag. Will never go here again.

Judy,
I am very sorry that you did not have the best experience. We will address each of these issues aggressively, especially the one related to employees. Since your review we have added a ton of new games and our technician does his best to make sure every game is working before he goes home at 5:00. Any problems with a game please report it to a staff member and it will be passed on to our technician. As for the lazer tag and glow golf, I would love to hear more about your concerns. Our 3 level secret agent lazer tag just won 1st place best of Omaha, voted by the Omaha public as the number one lazer tag in the Metro! The 18 Hole Glow golf Heros is the only indoor miniature golf course left in Omaha, and it is enjoyed by thousands of customers every week. Thank you for your business, and I hope you will try us out again sometime as things never stop changing and improving at the Family Fun Center XL!