“Too much salt”

Buffalo Wings and Rings
Ranked #229 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Buffalo Wings and RIngs is pretty average among sports bars. We do like the idea that they have 'kids eat free' night, which makes the place feel accomodating to people with children. The staff is friendly and accomodating. The walls are covered with TV's, so if your a sports fan, chances are you will find something interesting to peek at during dinner with the family. I ordered their version of the blue burger. The hamburger was somewhat plain - didn't seem to have much flavor. The wife got the chicken wings, but when she asked for one buffalo sauce and one 'tai' sauce, they brought two dipping containers each containing a mixture of half buffalo sauce half 'tai' sauce. For a buffalo wings establishment, how do get that request wrong? Who would mix these two flavors together. Seemed odd that they would assume that's what we wanted. The main issue that I had with the establishment was that it would appear you could get about a weeks worth of sodium in a meal here. I'm not sure why they have to go crazy with the salt, but everything is way too salty. From the over salted french fries to the buffalo sauce that left me scrambling for water. It seems like if they just cut down on the amount of salt they mix in with everything, they would have some pretty tasty dishes. Unfortunately, they are a sports bar, and nothing compliments beer better than salty dishes. I would recommend skipping this place and trying their 'chain' style competitor if you are considering a wing joint.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Food and staff are excellent. My favorites include the wings and the Santa Fe chicken salad. Their salads are huge! Definitely enough to share.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We walked in and the host was on the phone we had to wait till she was done talking (7min). we almost turned round and left.we got seated 6 min for waitress to come to table for order took another 9min to get a beer. Food was good waitress was friendly but just slow.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

A fabulous place to catch a game or unwind. Although I am not too fond of buffalo sauce, my wife and I decided to give this a try. Their menu is fairly extensive - plenty to pick from if you are not in the mood for wings - and if you want wings, they have quite a few sauces to pick from. Their onion rings are my one of my local favorites! The beer selection is decent, even though it's mostly domestics. They do change the beer landscape often which is nice. Watching NE games is a great experience in the bar or restaurant as there are plenty of TV's, I especially appreciate the wall of tv's in the restaurant and in the bar there are tv's on nearly every wall, meaning there is hardly a bad seat in the house! When we visit, we usually sit in the bar area and the service is always top notch. The owner, manager and bar staff are prompt and attentive. The Buzztime trivia game makes for a great conversation starter too! Whether it's lunch, dinner or drinks during a game, you'll be glad you stopped in!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Love this place-we were there (Omaha) for the college World Series and the hostess sat us right in front of the TV wall where a game was on. A*

Been to Buffalo Wings and Rings? Share your experiences!