“My stay at Super 8 in Omaha NE” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge

Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge
Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Omaha

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cherokee, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I come to Omaha often and we've stayed in most super 8 motels in town. This one is our favorite and we've stayed here many times. The rooms are not cramped, they are clean and well kept up. Their breakfast bar is above average for most super 8's. The staff has always been courteous and helpful. A little hard to get to but close to the interstate and a large shopping mall. And their price is great.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side are a little quieter.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
managerwestdodge, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw we appreciate you continuely returning when you visit Omaha
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The service was great and one of the things we truly liked is the
biscuits and gravey that was servered.
we also had great service from Lakenya she is a great asset to your
hotel. would refer to anyone who will stay in Omaha.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind words guest's responses's are very important
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

When I called to make the reservation at the hotel, I told the clerk that I wanted a room with double beds, on the north side of the hotel on the top floor. She didn't say anything so I assumed we had a room on the north side, top floor, with double beds. When Sandy and I arrived the clerk told us there were no rooms available on the north side. The clerk said the hotel only had rooms with single beds on the no. side. We looked at a room on the south, noisey side, of the hotel. The toilet was very dirty. We re-contacted the clerk about the toilet, and the fact there was no refrigerator in the room. He told us he had a room on the bottom floor, on the no. side of the hotel, with double beds. That room also had a refrigerator so we took it. One of the lights in the bathroom went out, making it very hard to see, so Sandy contacted the front desk clerk. She told Sandy that the maintenance man was off until Monday, indicating there was nothing she could do. Sandy asked if the hotel had a lamp we could use, and one was brought to our room with no lamp shade. I thought the clerk should have come up with an idea to handle the situation, instead of Sandy having to. Half the time when we would come back to the room after being out for the day, the beds weren't make. I thought that was laziness on the housekeepers part. I've never had a maid do that before. The toilet was very noisey. Once when I went to the dining area during breakfast hours, the hotel was out of juice (orange and apple), and twice they were either out of waffle mix or the waffle machine wasn't working. The middle of my bed was sunken in. I've stayed at the hotel several times over the years. The next time I go to visit my sister, my wife and I will be looking for a different hotel. Phil Root

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managerwestdodge, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
thank you for your reveiw I apologize for problems you encounter we strive to make our guest as comfortable as possible
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I head up to Omaha a couple times a year because my son lives here. I try to be thrifty and try not to spend more than $50-60 a night on a hotel room and I tend to mix things up on where I like to stay.

The Super 8 is a decent hotel. Rooms are quite large, linens are clean, and the staff is friendly. TV's in the room are old tube TV's, but at this price point, I guess you can't expect a flat screen TV, although it would be an added bonus! Free internet was included, although it was only wired and not wireless. Not a big deal.

Check in was very quick and the young girl behind the counter was very polite and was quite welcoming. Check out was quick and another young girl was very pleasant as well. Breakfast was very good for the price of the room.

I mean, there are plenty of options on where to stay in Omaha, but not a lot at this price range that are clean and comfortable for a couple nights stay. I will be checking the rates in the future as I will definitely be back if it is still affordable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
thank you for your reveiw it is important to hear about our guests stay was so we can better serve you in the future