“Disappointed”

Ranked #54 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
A TripAdvisor Member
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

When I called to make the reservation at the hotel, I told the clerk that I wanted a room with double beds, on the north side of the hotel on the top floor. She didn't say anything so I assumed we had a room on the north side, top floor, with double beds. When Sandy and I arrived the clerk told us there were no rooms available on the north side. The clerk said the hotel only had rooms with single beds on the no. side. We looked at a room on the south, noisey side, of the hotel. The toilet was very dirty. We re-contacted the clerk about the toilet, and the fact there was no refrigerator in the room. He told us he had a room on the bottom floor, on the no. side of the hotel, with double beds. That room also had a refrigerator so we took it. One of the lights in the bathroom went out, making it very hard to see, so Sandy contacted the front desk clerk. She told Sandy that the maintenance man was off until Monday, indicating there was nothing she could do. Sandy asked if the hotel had a lamp we could use, and one was brought to our room with no lamp shade. I thought the clerk should have come up with an idea to handle the situation, instead of Sandy having to. Half the time when we would come back to the room after being out for the day, the beds weren't make. I thought that was laziness on the housekeepers part. I've never had a maid do that before. The toilet was very noisey. Once when I went to the dining area during breakfast hours, the hotel was out of juice (orange and apple), and twice they were either out of waffle mix or the waffle machine wasn't working. The middle of my bed was sunken in. I've stayed at the hotel several times over the years. The next time I go to visit my sister, my wife and I will be looking for a different hotel. Phil Root

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

managerwestdodge, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
thank you for your reveiw I apologize for problems you encounter we strive to make our guest as comfortable as possible

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I head up to Omaha a couple times a year because my son lives here. I try to be thrifty and try not to spend more than $50-60 a night on a hotel room and I tend to mix things up on where I like to stay.

The Super 8 is a decent hotel. Rooms are quite large, linens are clean, and the staff is friendly. TV's in the room are old tube TV's, but at this price point, I guess you can't expect a flat screen TV, although it would be an added bonus! Free internet was included, although it was only wired and not wireless. Not a big deal.

Check in was very quick and the young girl behind the counter was very polite and was quite welcoming. Check out was quick and another young girl was very pleasant as well. Breakfast was very good for the price of the room.

I mean, there are plenty of options on where to stay in Omaha, but not a lot at this price range that are clean and comfortable for a couple nights stay. I will be checking the rates in the future as I will definitely be back if it is still affordable!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
thank you for your reveiw it is important to hear about our guests stay was so we can better serve you in the future
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have stayed at this Super 8 many times, however in the past year I have noticed some nice upgrades. The rooms have been renovated. Like any other Super-8, it has just the basics but overall very clean and very quaint. Access is a bit of a challenge but once you figure it out its a snap. When heading west on West Dodge Road you have to turn northbound at 120th Street and then take a right on Webster St which weaves around till you get to it. Overall a great value and definitely will be coming back to stay again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
managerwestdodge, General Manager at Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for posting your reveiw and nice commentswe are little out of the way but everything you need is by when you get here
des moines ia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here two nights (6/8-9/2012), then five additional nights on another occasion. Room entrances are on the interior, so I'm not sure why it's called a motel. Staff is a bit rough, but helpful. Hallways need attention--paint/wallpaper. Queen rooms are average--not great, but definitely tolerable. Air conditioner did not work in one room, but they moved us to a different room. The King room, on the other hand, was nicely refinished. Breakfast area is remodeled and spacious, with a nice variety of hot and cold foods--probably the hotel's best feature. Lots of restaurant options and a grocery in the neighborhood. Overall, a good value. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
managerwestdodge, Manager at Super 8 Omaha/West Dodge, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
thank you for taking the time to post your reveiw it is very important we are in the process of doing upgrades to accommodate our guests in the best possible way
Hutchinson, KS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed 3 nights here. The pillows that (seemingly all) Super 8's are using now are just terrible. We asked for brand new pillows on this trip, and they were only slightly better than the wadded up pillow cases that we started with.

Every morning, my wife had to beg them to refill the milk, cereal, butter, etc, etc, etc.

Two of the nights they allowed a trailer full of dogs to camp out in the parking lot. Of course the dogs are going to bark, which they did. The second night, I tried calling the front desk to complain, but the hand-set on the hotel phone was messed up, and they couldn't hear a word I said.

Overall, it's an OK location, and the room was actually rather clean, but I may be done with Super 8's now.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
thank you for taking the time to post your comments we do have a rather large kennel club in elkhorn that we have out town guest participating in activities i do apologize for inconveince
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Don't usually stay the Super8 chain because they tend to be 2-star-at-best-junky, but needed a reasonably priced place while visiting an ill family member for 4 days and this one was priced right and located nearby. We thought it was on Dodge Road, a main street in town, but if you take the wrong exit you can sail right over it (literally) because it's actually on a bypass road. It does have a big parking lot although there are several sharp turns to backtrack to it, so be forewarned if you're steering a long chassis. The staff was friendly and accomodating, the bathroom desperately needs updating (like most of them in the chain), the breakfast will have you eating out (there's several places within walking distance), and you can still hear the traffic with the windows closed and a/c running. Better than most in the chain and would stay here again if price was more important than amenities.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms on the back, facing the yard and apt. complex.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
thank you for your comments we use these to help better serve future guests
prh57
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

I would rate this hotel at one and a half stars but felt it appropriate to round up to two stars to fit this rating system. Here are the issues:

1) Although it does have a small breakfast offering, it was quite sparse and some items were empty during each of my 5 days there (coffee one day, napkins another, fruit on three, and yogurt on one). They will resupply if you ask -- demonstrating that they are not focused on anticipating the needs of the customer in advance.
2) The carpet underneath the bed had not been cleaned in a long time as witnessed by two toy cars, two used q-tips, one large hair clip and lots of dust (see photos).
3) The blanket and cover on the bed were both in need of cleaning.
4) My room was above and near a back door. The staff would take their breaks there and in order to avoid hearing their expletive-loaded conversations, I had to shut my window.
5) There was a long black hair affixed to the shower wall, indicating that any cleaning there had been superficial.
6) The safe in the room did not work (I believe the battery for the combination was dead).

With proactive management the issues listed above could easily be resolved making the Hotel a good value for money.

What would be harder to fix is the transmission of footstep sounds from the hallway and upper floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the road because they will be not be susceptible to road noise. Also ask f...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo