“Yikes, Comparable to a pay by the hour hotel.”

La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest
Ranked #67 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot and stay in about 50+ hotels a year on business and pleasure.
Road tripping and stopped over in Omaha for the night. Have my small dogs in tow so I usually stay in La Quintas with them.
This hotel is the worst La Quinta I have ever experienced. My first clue should have been the sign that they rent long term...aka- transient workers. Next clue was the dark, dank, musty, cigarette stained hallways. The biggest surprise was when I opened the door and looked at the carpet. Everywhere were huge dog pee stains, and the smell of carpet cleaner which tried to mask the smell.
The only renovations this hotel has seen in the last 30 years is a new shower curtain, a new tv, and linens. The only thing missing is crime scene tape.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest

A La Quinta traveler
Prairie Village, Kansas, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this LQ last night and it was ok. It needed a good cleaning. Paint was three different colors in the bathroom. Tan, white, black? I really hope it was paint and not mold-but I am not sure. The white was just a patch behind the toilet. They had trash and coins from the previous patrons on the floor. Humm? There was one guy at the counter and he also ran the breakfast. He was doing a lot of running around but was nice. The breakfast room was very crowded. The layout was not conducive to very many in one room which was bad because there were lots trying to go in. They had an ok breakfast. Only protein offered was a boiled egg. Some people came in promptly did an about face and left.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I have stayed in. There was black mold I the bathroom over the shower head, the shower curtain had black mildew on the bottom, then if that wasn't enough the water would not come on in the shower. I had to pull the knob in and out several times before water actually came out of the faucet. The bed was like sleeping in a pit. The moment you laid down on the bed, you immediately rolled to the middle of the bed, no support what so ever. Breakfast consisted of dry cereal and bread. Juice and coffee were offered. There were no eggs or waffles as advertised on the LaQuinta homepage. Do not stay here. Please read the other reviews from the same date and a few days effort.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank 713gwen2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stay at La Quinta quite often, so we didn't hesitate to book a room in Omaha, NE. We were very sorry that we booked this particular motel. The room we were given should have been closed for repairs because it definitely doesn't meet the La Quinta standards we are used to. We noticed the room seemed musty and after we had unpacked and settled in, my husband discovered that the sink was leaking and there was what appeared to be a wet spot on the carpet under the sink. Black mold??? The bed was comfy enough, but the pillows were lumpy. I switched pillows all night long and still couldn't get one that was good for sleeping. The next morning I kept being attacked by the shower curtain because the shower still had a straight rod instead of the curved rod most places have gone with. You had to be Superman to turn on the sink faucet and the water was so hot I almost burned my hand. Breakfast was supposed to be from 6-9, but when we went down at 8:30 everything was almost empty or gone and they had no plans to put anything else out. Should have said breakfast was until 8:30. Two other La Quinta's in the area and it should have been a clue that this one was $20.00 less per night. Will never stay at this La Quinta again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb H
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My non smoking room stunk so badly of cigarette smoke, that I told the front desk right away. She said she would send someone with the air purifier that they have. I waited until 11 pm and still no purifier after asking the front desk again. I gave up at 12:30 and went to bed. Unfortunately, the smell woke me up continually throughout the night. The desk attendant at 12:30 was extremely nice and helpful and she would have located the purifier or switched me to a different room, but at that point I just had to get some sleep. Long drive the next day.

Room Tip: If your non smoking room smells like smoke, don't fall for the purifier routine. Get switched to...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kim K
Reviewed July 1, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
La Quinta Inn Omaha West
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#63 of 82 in Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE

Been to La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest? Share your experiences!