“Very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #65 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Benton Harbor, Michigan
“Very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stay at La Quinta quite often, so we didn't hesitate to book a room in Omaha, NE. We were very sorry that we booked this particular motel. The room we were given should have been closed for repairs because it definitely doesn't meet the La Quinta standards we are used to. We noticed the room seemed musty and after we had unpacked and settled in, my husband discovered that the sink was leaking and there was what appeared to be a wet spot on the carpet under the sink. Black mold??? The bed was comfy enough, but the pillows were lumpy. I switched pillows all night long and still couldn't get one that was good for sleeping. The next morning I kept being attacked by the shower curtain because the shower still had a straight rod instead of the curved rod most places have gone with. You had to be Superman to turn on the sink faucet and the water was so hot I almost burned my hand. Breakfast was supposed to be from 6-9, but when we went down at 8:30 everything was almost empty or gone and they had no plans to put anything else out. Should have said breakfast was until 8:30. Two other La Quinta's in the area and it should have been a clue that this one was $20.00 less per night. Will never stay at this La Quinta again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deb H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fullerton, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

My non smoking room stunk so badly of cigarette smoke, that I told the front desk right away. She said she would send someone with the air purifier that they have. I waited until 11 pm and still no purifier after asking the front desk again. I gave up at 12:30 and went to bed. Unfortunately, the smell woke me up continually throughout the night. The desk attendant at 12:30 was extremely nice and helpful and she would have located the purifier or switched me to a different room, but at that point I just had to get some sleep. Long drive the next day.

Room Tip: If your non smoking room smells like smoke, don't fall for the purifier routine. Get switched to...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kim K
monticello ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

very clean and comfortable.great staffwould highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to OmahaStaff very accommodating to our every need.We will stay again on our next visit in the Omaha area.Very convienietly located to suit our needs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was very pleased with La Quinta. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean including the bathroom and bed. And the bed was not rock hard which many are. The room, though a non-smoking room, was in a smoking hallway so the smell was in the room and got in some of our clothes. The staff tried to help and gave us what air freshener they could find. My fault was in forgetting to specify a non-smoking room. So I can't really complain much. Other than the odor of the smoke, I was very pleased and would recommend the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family