“Dirty!!!!! Don't stay here!!”

La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest
Ranked #67 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Merriam, Kansas
“Dirty!!!!! Don't stay here!!”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

The rooms were so dirty. We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn Southwest in Omaha, NE. Usually we stay at the Carter lake, IA LaQuinta Inn every year, and we thought since it was the same hotel, we would receive the same type of service and cleanliness. WRONG! We arrived at 11:00 pm on May 3, 2012, the hotel staff had us go through three hotel rooms before they could find a halway decent room. Since all of the hotels rooms downtown Omaha were booked, we were stuck. The last room we took, since it was about 11:30 am and we were tired, so we stayed in the room. Room 212, the toliet had fecies leftover in the toliet. We called the front desk and they were short-staffed. The attendant took 45 minutes to come and clean the toliet. We were so disappointed, and would never stay at the LaQuinta Inn Southwest again. This location gets a "F" in grade all the way.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ft. Dodge, IA
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Don't stay here unless you like hearing every footstep and word spoken from whoever is staying above you upstairs. I heard every single word spoken from the room upstairs....and their TV. I think the worst part was the creaking of the ceiling when they walked around their room. It was like the ceiling was going to cave in !! No exaggeration, every step taken creaked the ceiling of my room and every word spoken upstairs was like they were in my room it was so loud. Others in our group said they had the same experience in the other wing of the hotel. Must be zero insulation in between the floors. The cheap price should have been a red flag for me, but the NCAA games were in town and I took the first vacancy I could find. Lesson learned - plan in advance and you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Earplugs are the only remedy. You can hear every conversation of the people above you upstairs. tota...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Omaha hotels

MO
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Clean room. Comfortable bed. 32" flat screen TV. It is a decent room for a decent price. I had lost my cell phone, and the front desk clerk (Rob) went above and beyond the call of duty and found it. Much appreciated! Easy to get to...about 2 minutes from I-80 and 680. Don't let the other reviews scare you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
North Branch, Minnesota
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Clean and comfortable. Bed was sort of lumpy, but turned out to be alright in the long run. Continental breakfast was good. Staff friendly, especially the host in breakfast room. Good place if you just need a place to stay for the night. Rested well. Quiet night.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I didn't have any problems with this hotel and would stay here again. The room was clean and everything worked as it should. The bed was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good with the basic fare (waffles, bagels, oatmeal, etc). I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Rooms were adequate. Nice to have a refrigerator,but that was offset by the filthy rug and furniture. Small tiny ants found their way onto the nightstand. Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel was great at check-in, and the plus was it being right off of I-80. I have a large dog and the room was nice and big for her. They were very considerate of pets, and put me at the end of the hall where going outside was just three steps. They have a large grassy area that is great for pets. The rooms are just average, but that was fine with me for the price and having my dog.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
La Quinta Inn Omaha West
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
New Victorian Inn & Suites
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#64 of 82 in Omaha
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha

Been to La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest? Share your experiences!