Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area
$109
$104
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold market areagreat locationwithin walking distanceparking garagefew blocksfront desk staffnice hotelstreet noisecentury link centerconvention centerthe shuttle driverdodge streetpool and hot tubthe college world seriesstaff was very friendlywould definitely stay here againfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 4, 2014

My friends and I recently traveled to Omaha for a concert and stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn. Malorie was at the front desk and Steve was the courtesy driver. They were both so friendly and cordial and Steve was more than willing to drive us where we needed to go. He even drove us to lunch AFTER we checked out. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Will be staying here everytime I have to stay in Omaha.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on Tripadvisor. All of us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown are committed to providing exceptional guest service in a clean/well maintained facility. It's gratifying to read your review. I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team,especially Steve and Mallorie! We look forward to serving as your hosts again very soon and are sincerely grateful for your recommendation.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Enjoyed our stay very much. Main reason for coming was to see the zoo. But we found that being so close to the Old Market area was a plus. Great restaurants and shopping. The free shuttle provided was a definite plus.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting a review from your visit on Tripadvisor. I hope that you found the Henry Doorly Zoo to your liking! I am very grateful for your detailed feedback. All of us at the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown are committed to providing exceptional service in a clean and well maintained environment. I hope that if business or pleasure brings you back to Omaha that we might serve as your hosts again. Thanks for being our guest!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Unfortunately the pleasant staff can't make up for the construction disruption. This is an average Hilton Garden Inn that is well located near the Old Market area with its restaurants and shopping. The problem with our stay was the obtrusiveness of the construction. The walk from the parking lot to the lobby was full of construction dust and debris and the hammering began early on both Saturday and Sunday morning. Apart from that, the property is what one would expect from the brand. If the construction has been concluded, stay here. If not, don't.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello allidoistravel: Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept our apologies regarding the construction disturbance during your stay. The construction has been completed for several months now and I welcome you back to see the finished product. Thanks again for your review!

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Had a wonderful time. Was able to have the friends that came along with us in the room next door and made the trip fun. All staff was helpful and very friendly. Will stay again. Garden Hilton has a lot to do in walking distance and the shuttle service to the casino's is a big plus.

Room Tip: Street noise. We were on the second floor on the Northeast corner.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. Feedback from our guest is our most valuable tool in ensuring we are exceeding our guest’s expectations each and every stay!

Thank you for your generous comments on our amenities, facility, staff and location. We are glad you were able to utilize our great value added amenities during your stay with us!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Have stayed at many hotels and I was very very pleased with my stay at this location. The only reason they do not get a perfect rating is because of Spencer's (the dinner restaurant on site).
I was there for 3 weeks. The have a pool, hot tub, fitness center, laundry facility for customers, a "pantry" for snacks to include various beverages, both non-alcoholic and wine and beer, also had frozen foods and burritos etc.... very handy. They serve breakfast and dinner, and inbetween times your on your own with the pantry or going somewhere. There are lots of places within a short walk.
Now the downside:
The delivery of the room service was great. Timely, nice person delivering, gratuity already included etc.. .that was the best part.
My first night or second night there I went in and was either going to sit at the bar and get dinner or take it to my room. I was greeted by 2 gentlemen and was handed a menu and suggested to return to my room and order in. ????. I did do that. Ordered the roasted asperagus, dinner salad and creme brulee' and all three were very very tasty. The second time - BBQ sliders and parmesan fries (they didn't have plain fries) - Sliders were tasty, the fries I'm not a fan of. They were too salty and had too much powdered parmesan on them. I was there for 3 weeks so I tried the room service again. The burger and the fries. Burger had too much going on with it. Grilled marinated onions are good, but they're flavor really didn't go with their "special sauce" flavor and then bacon mixed in with that, and it was extreemly salty. When I ordered, I asked for very little salt and very little of the parmesan on the french fries. That didn't happen. Too much of both. I like the idea of the parmesan cheese fries, but I would recommend using fresh grated parmesan vs the powdered.
Also, the menu at Spencer's is pricey. I had wine with two of the meals. One glass of the house wine is $11.00.

Room Tip: I only had breakfast one morning while I was there. But it was delicious. I was on the 4th floor. The air conditioner was a bit loud but the room was nice - I didn't have a view, but I wasn't bothered with it. It wasn't a beach front location.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Brandon H, Guest Services Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Thank you for writing a review of the Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown on TripAdvisor. It’s not very often we have guests stay for as long as you did. I am thrilled to find out that your stay at the hotel was so great.

I appreciate your comments regarding our in-room dining experience provided by Spencer's Restaurant for Steaks & Chops. It's one of Omaha's best restaurants for steaks as rated by the Omaha community and I apologize that the experience you had was sub-par. Please know that I will be forwarding your comments along to the General Manager of the restaurant for their review, and will ensure that they take a look into their service practices for in-room dining. Spencer's is known for their superior food quality, and I'm so sorry that this was not what you received while you were with us.

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown