“Benson 50th Highschool Reunion Trip”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area
Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I dread traveling, Airports, taxis, hotels, you get the picture. But....this was my 50th High-school reunion and the only one I had ever attended and there was no way I was going to miss it. We booked the Hilton because it was near downtown, the airport, zoo and Joslyn Art Museum. Hilton airport van picked us up in 7min and to the Hotel in 10 min, boy this is a good start and it continued the whole 3 days. Front desk was great and one of the staff was a Benson Bunnie! ( my High school and mascot) don't ask me about the bunnie, but I am a proud bunnie none the less. Hilton had a free van service within 4 miles of the hotel. Zoo and Joslyn were seen with out hassel. Dinner at Spencers, one of the best meals I have ever had and discovered a favorite new wine. Breakfast super, very attentive staff. Rooms clean and quiet. One small problem with the a/c was solved in 10 min with a profuse apology for any inconvienance. Did have a great time at the reunion across town even though we had to take a taxi but it was jonnie on the spot waiting for us, called ahead of time by the front desk. The efforts by the Hilton helped take the stress off a trip I was looking forward to but also dreading. Even the Frontier flight, which wouldn't you know it had a bunnie mascot on the tail fin, was great treating us to a magnificant view of Mt. Ranier above the clouds as we desended back to Seattle/Tacoma. Job well done, but I suspect it was business as usual at the Hilton.

Room Tip: Spencers side of the hotel had a little street/vehicle "music", but dies down aafter 9 or...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred G
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Your review brought a HUGE smile to my face! As I read the last line, I felt like you hit the nail on the head. Please know that I will be sharing your response with our team members - business as usual for us is a remarkable experience for you! We take great pride in being ambassadors of our community. Thank you for your rave review of virtually all areas of our hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I do not normally stay in Hilton properties when traveling for work but choose this property due to my preferred brand not being available. Great remodel, looks and feels brand new. Staff has been friendly and attentive. very nice lobby with more than ample seating for relaxing at the end of the day. Dinner in the restaurant was good, a bit pricey but good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank crouellette

It is our mission to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel in the city of Omaha, and as one of a handful of Hilton brand family hotels, it's a great accomplishment to learn that we met and exceeded your expectations! We're glad that you took a risk with us and even more pleased that you were impressed! Thank you!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed for one night with my sister, and everything was lovely. The staff was helpful with directions and a map, and the room was very comfortable. The onsite breakfast was also very good although at an additional charge. I left my jacket and the staff sent it to me (on my account) as soon as I notified them. I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Omaha!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank M T
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Short and sweet - a one night stay is quite the treat! Thank you for sharing a review of our hotel, it's great to learn that we are your choice hotel in our community. I'm glad to hear that you found the maps we've created to be helpful. I also appreciated that you gave recognition to the leadership of our Housekeeping Department. She leads a huge effort behind the scenes both in cleanliness and service, and I'm pleased to pass along the recognition. Thanks for being our guest!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

As a business traveler some things are very important to me! Cooks who will make me exactly 2 eggs and 2 pieces of bacon (no more, no less ;-), a gym that is big and clean (even complimentary headphones!), and friendly knowledgeable staff. This hotel has all that and more!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank AngelFan44

We know that our guests, when given the option, will tell us exactly what they want for breakfast and how the prefer it is prepared, and I'm so pleased to be able to share with our culinary team that they exceeded your expectations! Thank you for also mentioning our Fitness Center. We're well aware that this is important to so many travelers and we're so glad to review that you had everything, right where you needed it as the Hilton Garden Inn brand promises! Thank you for your kind words about our team members; come back and see us soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I recently stayed here during a business trip to Omaha. This is a very nice hotel located directly across from the baseball park, the convention center and arena. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bed was comfy. I attended a business meeting in the ballroom, which had comfortable chairs around the tables. The banquet food for lunch was very good and much better than what you typically get with large crowds. This hotel is only about a 10-minute taxi ride from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank WorldTravelers34
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for being our guest, especially as an attendee of an event with us. So many of our guests are here for meetings, seminars, conferences, etc. and our banquet services staff appreciates the recognition for a job well done. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel was great! We had a family vacation in Omaha to visit friends and the staff and hotel are amazing. Wish we did not have to leave. The location was fantastic. We spent a lot of time in the Old Market area and it was convenient to have the option of walking or taking the hotel shuttle. We also took our 4 year old daughter for a walk along the river front so she could burn off some energy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
2  Thank DonMcNew

On behalf of our team, thank you so much for taking the time to share a review of your experience with us on TripAdvisor. To read that you wish you didn't have to leave is a true compliment to the quality of team members we have on board, and it's such a delight to know that you were comfortable while you spent time in our community!

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I came here with a lady friend for a quick getaway during the week and I must say it was a wonderful stay. The beds were super comfortable and the pillows were like marshmallows for my head. An adjustable setting on the bed made it firmer and much better on my back. We loved the in room jacuzzi and spent hours in it just relaxing and watching TV. Though the weight room is lacking a true bench press I was happy to find free weights and a versatile all in one machine that allowed me to get a lot of workouts in. Not a true gym without a barbell and plates to add onto it but I was still able to get something done rather than be forced to do pushups and situps in my room. Breakfast was delicious and made to order although I wish for a suite it would have been included in the price. Regardless, we had a great time and it was within walking distance of all the bars and restaurants. We walked 4-5 blocks South and had a choice varying from Sushi to Gastro Pubs. A recommended stay from a frequent traveler.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
4  Thank Nader B

Our property only features 7 suites from a 178 rooms, and it's a great treat to read that you were able to take advantage of the whirlpool to relax and enjoy your time with us. So many of our guests want to know what it's like to stay at our hotel as a couple, and I can't thank you enough on behalf of our team for painting the picture on TripAdvisor. We're glad to know you were comfortable, and we'd love to host you again next time you need a getaway! Thanks for being our guest.