“Great hotel near Old Market area” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area
Ranked #6 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Columbus, Ohio
“Great hotel near Old Market area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

This hotel had the friendliest staff I have ever encountered which made my stay all the more enjoyable. I had a great corner room on the top floor which was peaceful and spacious. Attached covered parking was another plus for the location as the Old Market area spaces filled up quickly. Lastly the breakfast was tasty, convenient and filling. I enjoyed an omelet and made to order strawberry/banana pancakes. Definitely a great hotel with a great location and friendly staff.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
I know that I speak for our entire team when I thank you for giving us the accolade of friendliest staff you have ever encountered. We know that we have a hefty responsibility representing Omaha to our visitors, and it gives us great joy to know that it's noticed and appreciated. If I didn't thank you for noting one of our breakfast specials, the strawberry banana pancakes, our culinary team would be after me - your recognition for their delicious creations means the world to them! Just a short trip away from Ankeny, we expect to see you back here soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Atkinson, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Omaha probably 15 times in the past two years. It is our favorite place to stay in Omaha. The service is freindly and we appreciate their fine shuttle service. The location is great for Old Market activities and for attending Orpheum events. Spencer Steaks in the facility is superb. We find the beds quite comfortable and the breakfast is our favorite activity there.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Let me tell you what a pleasure it is for our team to read that you have had such wonderful experiences with us that you come to see us over and over again. Your continued patronage is the greatest compliment that we can receive, and we certainly celebrate that we WOW you each time you're our guest! Also - thank you for you for noting that breakfast in the Great American Grill is your favorite part of staying with us! For many of us who work here, breakfast is the most fun for us as well because we get to share stories and converse with guests like you! Let us know when we can prepare for your 16th time around. :)
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights for work. Parking is in the garage next door and is $10.00 day. Unlimited in/out.
The lady that checked me in was not very friendly. I had to ask about the parking rate and I had to ask about a couple of other things. I did notice the person beside me didn't have to ask because the lady that checked him in was friendly and volunteered information.

Otherwise I stayed on the 7th floor, the rooms was a little out of date but clean and quiet. No issues. There room service menu is very small not what other HGI's are. There is a steakhouse connected so that is where the menu comes from.

I didn't use the gym or business center. I would stay here again if in the area. The only negative was when I checed in. Otherwise everyone was friendly and personable.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing a review of your experience at our hotel with other TripAdvisor guests. It's important to us that your arrival experience is one that is welcoming and pleasant, and we sincerely apologize that you didn't receive the stellar service our team is known for during this stay. I can assure you by the examples you witnessed from our other team members that your particular check-in experience was atypical for us, and I know that on your next visit our team will impress you!
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

The staff was very courteous and helpful. Rooms were large and clean. The bed was a bit hard, but comfortable. they offer a free and very good "made to order" breakfast. The manager stopped by to talk with us at breakfast. He seemed really interested in what we had to say, vs. just talking to us because it was required. The only issue was parking in their very small vehicle area for registration. They can't do much about this, as it is a downtown based hotel and space is not available. note: only 2 cars can fit there. However, once you check in, free parking is available in the multi- level garage next door. Close to everything in downtown Omaha. Walking distance to the Durham Museum. We will return here for sure the next time we are in Omaha.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
It is my expectation for our team that we take a sincere interests in our guests, after all, without you, there is no need for us to be around. Our team has some of our most memorable conversations during the breakfast hours in the dining room of the Great American Grill, and we're delighted to review that our team expressed genuine kindness to you while you were with us. We must admit, our footprint in downtown Omaha is rather small which limits space in some areas, however, our attached parking facility comes in quite handy for many of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to note your experience with us, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit to Omaha!
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Great Hotel for downtown Omaha. It is within walking distance to Civic and Quest (or whatever the name changed to). It is also a very easy walk to the Old Market with a bunch of different types of bars and great restaurants. Not to mention after calling about 10 different Hotels in the area it was the least expensive by a fair amount.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate that you gave our hotel a positive review shedding light on how convenient our location is for guests to our community. Our good, old friend the Omaha Civic Auditorium definitely doesn't receive as much recognition as it once did, but it certainly still plays an important role downtown hosting a number of events including graduations, athletic games, and sometimes even concerts and shows! Value is at the top of our list - we want you to have a great experience at a price that you feel is fair, and we're glad to hear that you found that price to be one of the best in the area! Please come back to see us anytime.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I can find no wrong with this hotel. I arrived in Omaha after an 8 hour drive. They had a free happy hour (which included wine and beer, meatball sandwiches, salad, bread sticks.) I didn't have to go anywhere for dinner. The woman working the happy hour was so sweet and told me that they were there to make sure I had a happy stay. She needs a raise! The free breakfast was AWESOME! Better than some restaurants that I'd visited. I'll definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here in October 2012, and the hotel is very nice- clean rooms and good service from staff. Check-in was efficient, and the room was comfortable. The hotel provides complimentary coffee, which is nice although the quality is not good. The location is great with easy access to downtown locations, including the Old Market. The only significant problem I encountered was with the hotel shuttle. I requested the shuttle multiple times during my stay, and the staff usually over-promised and under-delivered with respect to timeliness. I would consider staying here again but would likely explore other hotels in the area as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
kevinsicner, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We appreciate that you took time to provide a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It's always great for us to review that you found our rooms to be very clean and that you received good service from our team despite a few hiccups with our complimentary, 24-hour shuttle service that we offer. It is, of course, our top priority to transport our guests safely to and from Omaha's Eppley Airfield (OMA), as well as local businesses in the downtown Old Market District. We appreciate your business when you visit town and invite you to give our hotel another go during your next visit, as I know that our team can impress you if given another opportunity!