“Impressive!!!”

Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha
“Impressive!!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The customer service was stellar! These people went above and beyond to make sure that I was They had a delicious breakfast buffet daily and laundry facilities that were convenient (esp since I was there for 10 days).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

HawthornOmahaManag, Front Office Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Omaha/old Mill, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Valued Traveler,
We appreciate the feedback on your recent extended stay with us at the Omaha Hawthorn Suites. The staff here was excited to hear you enjoyed your encounters with them and they exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you if you are ever in the Omaha area again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 28, 2014

PROS: I love the fact that it was a nice small kitchen and also has a laundry room downstairs. It's very convenient. I also love the homely feel it has. It's not commercial at all and I sincerely loved that, seeing as I just came from a very commercial hotel in San Francisco- hotel kabuki.

STAFF: Staff was very friendly and management gave all the members working on my project a welcome package, it was very sweet. They were helpful with questions too.

CONS: As much as I love the homely feel, I have to be brutally honest. THIS IS NOT THE CLEANEST HOTEL..AT ALL. When the bed was made, it was made like whoever made was upset, strange(because sheets were changed only one a week,except upon request). Whenever the dishwasher was cleaned, the detergent was always all over the floor. EVERY TIME. The bathrooms were so unclean I had to buy my cleaning products(complete with the toilet bowl brush) ..yes, it was that bad. I'm never around when the rooms are cleaned, and the one time i was there, the staff member literally just walked in the bathroom, wiped the mirrors. toilets seats, wiped sides of the tub and flushed the toilet. and that was it. I had to show her the black stuff all around the toilet bowl, politely and begged to please see what she could do and I left. When I came back, nothing changed. That was when I bought my own cleaning product and NEVER for the rest of my stay let anyone clean my room again.

Secondly, the alarms go off at odd times of the night for no apparent reason. No one ever apologizes or tells you why. The phones by the way, are filthy. By filthy, I mean they have CLEARLY visibly stuff on them. Mine, that is, I don't want to generalize.

Bottom line, do not expect the clean, or actual hotel courtesy here, you won't get it. Expect leaving in comfort of everyday amenities. That's about it.

Room Tip: the walls are pretty thin in the rooms so stay away form elevator or staircase areas. Either way, d...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent experience at the Hawthorn Suites Omaha. We take these surveys very serious. We have communicated both the positive and negative feedback to the team. We apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered. Rest assured this has been brought to the attention of our housekeeping supervisor and will be used as a training tool for the housekeeping team. We enjoyed having you and thank you again for taking the time to provide us with a review on your recent stay.