“Good drinks, terrible food and service” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cheeseburger in Paradise
Ranked #719 of 1,337 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good drinks, terrible food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've been to this location on several occasions and on a plus side for them they are always consistent. Unfortunately they are consistent in poor tasting food and bad service. The cheeseburgers are not very good especially for a place that specializes in them. I would honestly prefer burger king. A group of friends and I went in on a Saturday night around 10:30, it was not very busy. We racked up about a 90$ bill but yet the server throughout the night acted as if she did not want to be there and that she didn't want us there either. Regardless we still left her a good tip. Our second visit we had that same server, and yet again she had the same attitude as the first visit. Our third and final visit we passed on the food and only ordered drinks. We each had 2 drinks and wanted to order a 3rd but our server was reluctant to put in anymore drinks for us despite none of us being drunk.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Omaha, Nebraska
“No Longer on My Short List”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

This place has a lot going for it. It has a good, casual atmosphere, though the food and drinks are just a little pricey considering the solid but unexceptional quality. In the past, though, I've gone out of my way and paid a little more to eat here because the manager allowed me to have dinner on their open patio while my dog hung around on a very short leash at a table away from other diners; I enjoy walking him at Village Point, and it was great that we could stop here. The last couple of times I've been by, however, we were turned away by the young waitstaff. That's taken away my motivation to eat there. That, and the food doesn't really sit well with me. I might be back, but I kind of doubt it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Midwest USA
“One of the best burgers around”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had one of their burgers with avacado and jalapenos on it (forgot the name of it) today but it was awesome. It was very good especially with the sweet potato chips to go with it. My friend had the same burger but with their small cuts fries in place of the chips. He stated that the fries were very good too.

• Visited April 2013
“Paradise lost”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Service was good, food was not. Swiss and mushroom burger okay, but then so is a Whopper. Don't get the Kobe beef - ugh. We had 3 in our party for lunch ( burgers and 1beer each) and the bill was sixty, Add tip and I can honestly say there are better placed nearby for the money. I won't go back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Fun Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

They have good food. It's a fun tropical atmosphere. Good service. I've had good experiences overall at Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Visited June 2012