“Great Stay”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Almost didn't book this motel by some of the reviews. We found the stay very comfortable. The bed was one of the most comfy I have slept in at a motel. Room was very nice & very clean. Didn't have any issues with the thermostat as one review mentioned. They have a very nice Perkins attached to the motel, the food was good and you can get a discount with your room card. The only negative was the pool. It is made for kids no swimming area for adults. Had our 3 year old granddaughter with and she had a blast.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Kellyinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha. Glad you enjoyed the comfortable beds and cleanliness of our Hotel. Sounds like your granddaughter enjoyed the pool. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Stayed in room 714 for 3 nights (only continued to stay after 1st night because it was during the CWS and the room was paid for in advance!) First, the AC was horrible! Still had the old fashion thermostat on the wall (that does not tell you the temperature in the room because they do not want you to know) and at the coldest setting and telling maintenance every day that it was not cooling, we all sweated all night long. Second, the metal roof had a loose sheet that flapped in the wind all night long. Third, we were next to the elevator that had a horrible electrical burning smell that woke us up during the night. So yes, shame on us for staying but never again. Find a differnet place to stay, as Omaha has many hotels!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Kellyinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha. Sorry for the issue with room # 714, we are installing digital thermostats in all the rooms. I will have maintenance check on the roof issue. We did replace a piece on the west elevator that may have caused that noise. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times. Generally the stays are adequate. Poor customer service, rooms are getting worse by the month. The straw that broke the Camels back was when I reserved two rooms in June. I had family issues and forgot I booked the rooms. When I called and explained what happened the business manager was less than helpful. Billed my credit card and took points to cover the rooms. Which in turn left me broke for a week. I am a higher lever rewards member. I will NEVER stay at Kelly Inn again. CHOICE HOTELS would have never done that to me.

• Stayed: June 2013
Kellyinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent booking at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha. Sorry for the issues with the billing, we try to accommodate our guests. We did hold your rooms all night and we did fill, but we did extend your special negotiated rate for the guaranteed rooms. Let me know if I can be of assistance to you or if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

On my way to Denver, stayed at this hotel. Last year stayed at BW Settle Inn. Kelly Inn very convenient to I80, gas and restuarants. Clean hotel and friendly front desk staff - Jen was on duty when we arrived. Thanks for recommending mexican restuarant down the road. Nice big rooms but thougt a bit expensive with no continental BF included. Perkins restuarant on site only 10% discount. Water, snacks coffee provided in room as well as fridge and microwave.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha. Sorry for the issue with the breakfast , we do have a rate code that includes breakfast. Glad you enjoyed the convenient location, friendly staff and cleanliness of our Hotel. Hopefully you had time to enjoy our indoor water playland and hot tub. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and let me know if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was a quick trip to Omaha for a family visit. My selection of the property was based on location and reviews. My first impression was good but that changed during the stay. On entering the room, the temperature could be described as an ice box. Even though this was early June, the outside temperature was cool and I can only assume the property uses a chiller technology with no heat being available during the summer months. The wifi was barely adequate. On a good point the room and property were spotless. The problem began late the second when I awakened to banging in the next room followed by the commencement of a very loud hum. Ear plugs and pillows over the head did not sufficiently reduce the noise level. The headboard of the bed acted like a drum head and magnified the sound making sleep impossible. After listening to this for about 15 minutes I called the front desk and was informed that next room had a jacuzzi that was making the noise and there was nothing she could do other than move me. Getting up, getting dressed, packing all my stuff and moving in the middle of the night was not my idea of "fixing" the problem. The noise continued well after midnight. I had a conversation with manager the next morning as I checked out and she rather begrudgingly agreed after some discussion to comp the room for one night. Comping the room is a start but doesn't make up for the ruined night. I would rather they fix the problem with the noise. I'm sure any other room, one without the jacuzzi next door, would have been fine....seemed I just lost on the luck of the draw with the room I was assigned. Again, the property is well located, spotless and the bed was quite comfortable and other than the noise and customer service problem this would have been a great stay.

Room Tip: Make sure there is no JACUZZI in the next room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank denverflier
Kellyinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha. Sorry for the issues with the temperature control and the noise issue. The front desk clerk did ask the guests in the jacuzzi room to move and they were very understanding, sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you. We are always looking for ways to improve our Hotel, glad you enjoyed the location, new beds and cleanliness of our Hotel. Hopefully you had time to enjoy our indoor water playland and hot tub. Thanks for choosing to stay with us and let me know if I can be of assistance to you or if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

The pool is very much geared towards young kids. Its 3 feet deep with 2 slides and a hot tub. Perfect for our family. We were on the 3rd floor, our room was clean with very comfy beds. The refrigerator and microwave were a plus. The place showed a little age but nothing to bad. I like to sleep with a fan next tot the bed and we forgot to pack it with us but, no worries 1 call to the front desk and 10 minutes later we had a fan sitting in our room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hotel was quiet and peaceful, the staff just blended into the place, not sticking out 1 single time (a very good thing.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room next to the elevators at the end of the hall. that way when you go to the pool you tu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha Nebraska. I am glad you enjoyed the pool area, clean rooms and the friendly staff. Thanks for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I read all the reviews for this hotel and decided to give it a try for our stay with 2 kids 5 y/o and 3y/o. I tried to book it online and found it was not available for the Friday night we wanted to stay. So I called the hotel directly and luckily they were able to get us a room. We arrived in the evening and everyone was very friendly. The front desk workers, the maintenance man and the housekeepers. The kids LOVED the pool area. Definitely only for kids. Any adults trying to go just for swim, this is not the resort for you. The pool is primarily 1-3 feet deep. My 3 y/o didn't need floats because he was able to walk around. They loved the slides. It was mass chaos in the evening; kids everyone, jumping everyone, parents chasing their kids everywhere. It was packed. The kids didn't mind so I just went with it. We also went swimming in the morning and it was more calm. There were not many of us in the pool and the kids had just as much fun. There wasn't a complementary breakfast but there is a restaurant attached to the hotel that you can go to for 10% off. They also have refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. Lots of restaurants around the hotel as well. We would go back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank newfamilytravelers
Kellyinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kelly Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Kelly Inn Omaha Nebraska. I am glad your family enjoyed the pool area and the freindly staff. Thanks for choosing our Hotel and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.