“Wonderful overnight staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Omaha NE
Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My daughter got sick at 4am in bed. I called the front desk to ask for clean linens. Gary told me that he had 2 truckers coming in and he would get to it as soon as he could, since he was alone. Not 5 minutes later there was a soft knock on my door. It was Gary with clean linens. I was very impressed that even though he was busy he managed to help me out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was very pleased with the location of the hotel and the coziness of the bed! Staff was very friendly and knowledgable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Good experience overall. The value was good. It was nice to have a hot breakfast. The hotel was easy to get to and surrounded by good shopping restaurants. We asked for a recommendation for dinner, and the recommended restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everything went well. The front desk staff was on their toes everything we walked by we got a greeting. I young female at the front desk checked us in a little early and even offered to help my husband an I to our rooms. She was there at check out again the next morning and still had the same smile. Im guessing a manager was at breakfast getting coffee and started a conversation. The most polite staff I have ever seen. The breakfast was alway kept. Very full. Had plenty left over for us who don't wake up too early. Over all it was a very good experience and I would recomment this for anybody just passing through.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We came to baymont inn and suites in Omaha because we wanted to take a little trip to coco keys at the ramada next door. Unfortunately the ramada was booked so we decided on the baymont inn. After our first room's shower didn't work we were given another room. I have never in my life seen a more disgusting unkempt and downright unsanitary living space and I lived Winn house with four guy roomates in college. There was dried vomit on the floor (everywhere), on the bed skirt, the side table and curly clumps of hair in the shower. I immediately began to sneeze when we entered the room and found that the a/c was caked in dust. Garbage hidden under the bed skirt and in the open floor. Save yourself some hassel and feeling instanly dirty walking into one of their hotel rooms and find another hotel. There are many to choose from within a block.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Corich8
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were traveling in a group of 6 so we called ahead and booked 2 rooms, asking specifically for 1st floor rooms because we had a physical handicapped person traveling with us. Upon arrival we were given two 2nd floor rooms all they way on the back side of the hotel (elevator located in front of hotel near the lobby), and told there was nothing else available. After being told that there was an elevator for handicapped access, we accepted the rooms. What the clerk failed to tell us was that in order to access the rooms by way of the elevator, the handicapped person must walk (or be pushed in a wheelchair) all the way around the building, some indoor, some outdoor on the balcony in the 109 degree heat. Upon entry in our room, we found dirty clothes in the bathroom and an unwrapped, used bar of soap by the sink. We went back to the front desk to discuss both matters, only to be told they still had no other rooms available, and the clerk just blew off the dirty clothes and soap. At that point, it was technically our fault for not leaving and trying to find another hotel but this was during the College World Series so most places were booked and we were exhausted from our 18 hour drive so we decided to suck it up and just stay. That night, the people in the room beneath our rooms decided to have a cookout - complete with a lit charcoal grill - under our balcony! And their small children were running around wildly, screaming about toys being used by other children and pitching fits to go to the indoor water park/facility next door to the hotel. This went on for a couple of hours, even after we walked out and moved our van away from the building trying to be as obvious as we could that they were bothering us. The parents only comments were that they needed to give the children margaritas to settle them down. The children ran up and down the steps, sidewalks and balconies, screaming and stomping even after we called the front desk and made them aware of what was going on. Finally around 2 a.m. things settled down. The next morning we woke up to bugs on the bathroom floor. We went to the front desk to ask to again be moved to a first floor only to be told there was still nothing available. Same thing that evening - we were offered to move to a suite which was more expensive so we declined. Finally upon checkout we explained to the clerk (who was a different clerk than had checked us in) that we had had so many problems and we were very unhappy with the rooms and rates. She spoke to a manager and dropped the rooms down to $99 per night - which was still pricey for the condition of the rooms and property in general. We stayed at this location in 2010 when it was a Ramada and it was fairly decent. In 2011, we returned for another stay, at which time it had been converted to Baymont and was under construction. In 2012 (this stay), an entire year later, there was still construction all around and the place was just a mess. The whole property feels dirty and I really felt like the rooms had not been cleaned properly. I will not stay at this place again - even if I have to drive several miles out of my way - I will find another hotel - preferably a Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn, as they always seem to be clean and the staff is much more friendly and accommodating. Then, on top of that, we are members in the Wyndham Rewards program - they would only give us points for one of the rooms! Be aware that Wyndham properties do not give points for all of their hotels/rooms. It is up to each hotel as to whether or not they allow you to earn points - they fail to tell you this at check-in when you present your membership card. It's not until after you are home checking your points balance that you realize you didn't get credit. Then you will spend hours on the phone or emailing trying to get the proper credit, only to be told the hotel didn't award the points. Between the two rooms we booked at Baymont, we spent over $600.00. We only got credit for half. From now on, I will stay away from Wyndham properties at all cost.

Room Tip: The only tip I have - - stay at a different hotel. Don't waste your money here.