Baymont Inn & Suites Omaha NE
$149
$139
MagnoliaHotels.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Rooms not kept clean. Bugs on floor, dead for a while indicating no vacuuming or sweeping. Daughters bed was riddled with bedbugs when she awoke at 3 am itching badly! Not worth the stay!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank DCCT1
Reviewed July 5, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. It is dirty and unsafe. The walls and carpets are filthy. The sheets had black spots on them. Just gross. The outside doors did not lock. Anyone from the streets could get in. We had a room right by the outside doors that were broken and the front desk worker could not assure us that they would be locked. He offered to put us in a room upstairs. Not sure why he thought that would make us feel safer. The doors being unlockable really concerned us as we saw and smelled people smoking weed outside. There was only one person working and he was at the front desk. (The worker was very nice and helped as much as he could. We were not staying there so there wasn't much he could do or say. But what he did do was helpful). He kept saying that the managers/owners weren't available and to call back int he morning. We absolutely refused to stay there. Now I have to call Priceline to make sure I am not out my money as they couldn't do anything to make sure I wasn't charged. The front desk worker seemed to fully understand our complaints and worries. He made mention that a few people had complained about the conditions of the hotel. So be forewarned. Do not stay there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Where to begin? This hotel is filthy, run-down, and feels very unsafe. I have included a few photos for reference. First I had to buy a jug of bleach to pour in the shower stall because of the black and green mold growing in all the creases. We still wore flip flops because it was so gross. The security lock on the door was broken off. The bed frame had flanges sticking out about 3 inches and one of us rammed our shin into it (see picture). Among other things the walls are so thin that we could not get any sleep. You could hear a simple conversation in the next room. Also, the doors don't have any resistance so there were slamming doors all night. You couldn't pay me to stay here again and I hope I never have to stay at a baymont inn again. They certainly don't hold their owners to any standards.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank raebuch
Reviewed June 22, 2012

So 1st of all I stayed here as we were a part of a big baseball tournament in the area. There were several families in the same boat so the hotel was near capacity with athletes.

Staff: They were good. They had breakfast out earlier than advertised. If we needed something they were accommodating

Breakfast: It was a continental breakfast with a waffle maker and a hot item of the day. It worked out and was a good breakfast.

Cleanliness: The staff couldn't keep up with the mess made by the patrons. There was a lot of traffic from kids playing baseball. Kids were also running around as well. The kids weren't a nuisance and went to bed at a decent time, but kids make messes. Add that to the dirt tracked in by baseball equipment etc. They didn't fully keep up. The lobby and eating area stayed clean however.

This is an older hotel as there are several cosmetic improvements that could be made. If you can get passed that then it's ok.

A huge plus was the microwave and mini fridge in room! The bathrooms seemed to be remodeled and was nice. We had a flat screen TV. Other than the carpet the room was nice!

I'm not sure if this is a good area or not? I had a driver (per the police) hit my parked rental car. I noticed police lights outside the window and went down. No damage was done, but it did seem like the police handled the situation wrong? There seems to be a population of people from either Africa or somewhere in the Caribbean??? Anyway the police officers harassed the mess out of these two kids (early 20's). They claimed he was drunk/intoxicated I couldn't see any damage to the car. There wasn't even dust moved on it...and the car was kind of dirty. At first I got the impression the kids were up to something, but after watching the entire thing fold I think the cops wanted to find more than what was happening?? Kind of sucks that still goes on.

I read many reviews saying this place was horrible and it's not in my opinion. If you need amenities and the latest and greatest look elsewhere. If you can get by with the basics it can work for you. Everything worked in our room.

Room Tip: It seems like the place next door (Ramada) and this hotel are owned by the same group. STAY AWAY from the Ramada. There were people in our group who had nothing but trouble on that side.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Okay so the front desk people were really nice and accommodating - they key us check in early BUT the carpet in some areas wreaked of what smelled like cat urine. Not a good smell for a hotel. The rooms were ok - didn't feel like the place was clean. There were only 2 towels in the room and they were always out of face towels when you tried to get more. I can skip this joint on the next jaunt to Omaha.

Room Tip: Away from the uriny carpet smell......
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business