“World's Best Zoo”
Review of Henry Doorly Zoo

Henry Doorly Zoo
Ranked #1 of 133 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-class zoo is famous for its involvement with breeding endangered species from around the world.
Reviewed June 12, 2016

Hands down, the world's best zoo. It just keeps getting better. Consider marking out the entire day to fully appreciate the experience. Ride the tram, the train, and the air gondola too. The primate house is still my favorite place in the zoo, though all of the habitats are amazing. This place is packed to the gills though on nice days, so plan on lots of lines at food spots and waiting at times to get into specific exhibits. Still, it's totally worth it for a day of solo, family, or friend fun.

1  Thank lorilhahn
Write a ReviewReviews (5,070)
All reviews
in 65 reviews
"omaha area"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed June 11, 2016

I love going to the zoo. New Attractions almost every year. I get a membership every year its worth it. Bring your own food and drinks. They have a great kids areas too.

1  Thank 606jeanniej
Reviewed June 11, 2016

My kids had an epic time their favorites were the new splash area and the Stingray Beach. They loved all the cool and interesting animals! I am going to get a pass next time we go for sure!

Reviewed June 11, 2016 via mobile

It was a horrible experience. All the animals where sleeping. And a lot of them weren't even out so you could see them. They looked hot and some even looked like they were on the edge of death. The only thing that was good about the zoo was the aquarium. The fish were pretty and the Penguins were amazing too look at but getting shoved and pushed through the it was not my idea of a good time. We had to wait in lines just to get up to the glass. Families were pushing and standing around and we were not able to even get close enough for a good picture of the fish or penguins. It was so crowded at one point I had to push my way through the crowd losing half of my family in the process. We even waited to see if the crowd would let up and it never did. None of the employees regulated the crowd so people waiting to see the sharks in the glass tunnel never got to see them because people would just sit down and never kept moving. It was a very disappointing zoo. We had heard so many great things from our friends and relatives that we decided to go. I've never been pushed out of the way so much in my life. If you want to see no animals just grass and sticks in a cage, get pushed around, and spend money wasting on WAY over priced drinks and food (a cup of water is $6.50 without tax) then this is your zoo!! We we NEVER be going back!!

1  Thank Jennifer D