“Amazing zoo!”
Review of Henry Doorly Zoo

Henry Doorly Zoo
Ranked #1 of 127 things to do in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: This world-class zoo is famous for its involvement with breeding endangered species from around the world.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Anytime of the year, this zoo is a must-see. Most exhibits are indoors and the aquarium and rainforest areas are chock full of fantastic things to see.

There are newer reviews for Henry Doorly Zoo

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I have been to zoos all over the country and the Henry Doorly Zoo certainly competes with some of the best - especially the aquarium and Kingdom of the night. We have a family membership so we go and spend a few hours getting some serious exercise walking up and down the hills and viewing animals, then collapse and watch a film before going home. A highly recommended outing, but if you are not used to walking serious hills, be sure to get tram tickets.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

This zoo has been ranked as one of our nation's best -- and it's the truth! I've seen the National Zoo in DC, and the San Diego Zoo. Henry Doorly is right up there with them. Go check it out!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I went to the zoo on our latest trip to Omaha. As neither of us had been before, this was a new experience for both of us. The day we went was rather cool, but this wasn't really an issue as many of the exhibits are indoors. If you are in to zoos, this is definitely one not to miss. A couple of things to note: First, we do not have children, and as we went over spring break, this place was crawling with kids. If you are going to the zoo and do not have any children in tow, I highly recommend going to the zoo after lunch and staying until close. We noticed a lot of families were leaving around 2:00, and the exhibits were much less crowded at this time. Second, the one complaint I have about the zoo is the food. Many of the places to eat were closed, and there was no way for us to know which places were open and which were closed. The selection of food at the places that were open wasn't great either. I recommend eating before you come and plan on not buying food at the zoo, the food we did eat wasn't that great. There is a Jimmy Johns not too far from the zoo close to I-80, so that would be a good place to grab some lunch before heading to the zoo.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We enjoyed the desert dome, the butterfly exhibit and the aquarium is really great, so it was not so disappointing that when we decided to hike to some of the lower exhibits, there weren't many animals out and about. I realize this has to do with the winter weather, but our little friends were disappointed. There was only one restaurant and the line was very, very long at 130 pm. We waited in line and when we approached the doors, we saw that they were opening new self-serve stations, so that speeded thing up a bit. We grabbed a table and there was an awful lot of food on the floor. A sign that they were not expecting the crowds on that sunny, winter's day. We also bought tickets for the IMAX and enjoyed a 3D show. Despite the wind, we had a lot of fun. I would recommend this zoo to anyone in the area and I would like to visit again during high season to see the other animals.

1  Thank PrettyPickyDenver

Been to Henry Doorly Zoo? Share your experiences!