“Great food but very hot inside restaurant”

Jackson Street Tavern
Ranked #44 of 1,379 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We went on a Saturday evening for a 7:30 reservation. There were 4 in our party and we were seated promptly, but had to be moved due to condensation dripping from the ceiling. It was very hot inside. Our waiter had sweat dripping down his face which he wiped with his shirt or hands.The restaurant was extremely busy and the service was just sufficient. Our waiter was hurried and stressed and we felt rushed.He forgot things like a glass of ice for a bottle of San Pelligrino and than said glasses were being washed and would be out in a few minutes. My husband went to the bar and received a glass of ice. On to the food...very good. Frosted flake crusted grouper with a spicy glazed chile sauce which was wonderful. All entrees were very good. No appetizers, soups, or salads as our waiter stated our entrees would be "enough food".

Reviewed July 26, 2012

You walk in, and it looks like a tavern. However, the food isn't tavern food - it's well- prepared and very tasty.

I have had one of their steaks, and a French dip sandwich that were both very good. Plan to spend around $20 to $25 per person, with a drink. It's pricey, but good food.

1  Thank AvWriter
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were here with a large group on a Saturday evening. Service was superb and the food was excellent. My sister wnated the recipe for her salad with shredded duck meat, my brother in law said his salmon was moist, my aged steak was very tender, my mom raved about her pork chops, my nephew went to town on his hill top sandwich, my nephew's girfriend loved the gazpacho ... well, you get the idea. And they were accommodating about requests - - I didn't want any potatoes with my steak so they offered a larger side of green beans (which were perfectly cooked, by the way). If I had one suggestion, it would be to find a different bread vendor. The bread was pretty blah considering the rest of the menu offerings.

2  Thank Gubbini
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Brunch was fantastic, awesome menu! I had the waffles and chicken. I was nervous that the portion size would be huge but I was nicely surprised when the size was just right! My daughter had the crab cakes benedict and enjoyed every bite. If you get there early sit in the front room if the weather is nice the "garage door" will be opened and you can get some serious people watching.

2  Thank lyndalou61
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Jackson Street Tavern is a relatively new addition to the Old Market and it has become one of my favorites. They change their menu from time to time and have a nice variety of options (huge salads, delicious burgers/sandwiches, and well executed entrees). When the weather is nice, they pull up the garage door, making the entire restaurant open air and really taking the atmosphere to another level. They have live jazz on the weekends as well.
While the name says "tavern," this place is much more than just another pub.

2  Thank OmaHawkeye