“One of the Best”
Review of The Grey Plume

The Grey Plume
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grey Plume is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Entrance on Farnam ST, across from Delice and The Afternoon
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We love. The Grey Plume. We have eaten here three times. It is a top tier Omaha spot, in the conversation with the Boiler Room, V Mertz, Flatiron, and Jams. Enjoy.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife took me here for my birthday dinner. The food was amazing. We has the duck fat fries, the pasta, and the halibut. The fries were very good but I didn't get excited about them -- I'm not sure what all the fuss is about duck fat fries. The pasta was my favorite -- such beautiful layers of flavor. I was in love. The halibut was also very good with some great, non-traditional pairings of flavors.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My husband, fiends and I are pleasant surprise we have this caliber of restaurant in Omaha.
Upon arrival we were greeted and directed to our table. The restaurant is bright, modern and nice; the staff is very friendly. The first thing we ordered was the Duck fat fries, We did not pay attention when reading the menu but those fries come with an egg; one order of fries was not enough for all of us so we order one more but this time with a goose egg, to me the difference between the chicken egg and goose egg is the thickness of the whites and the size; both are yummy. We then had foi gras torchon,hot and cold, I enjoyed both, my favorite is the torchon but that is because I really like foi gras, I found out most people like it cold or as pate we accompanied with a Jorge Ordoñez & Co, Victoria Moscatel. Our friends had not tried beef tartare so we ordered one to try. It is very good, it comes with several sauces. Main course for 3 of us was TD Niche Pork we got loin, leg and pork belly cooked in different ways but all very tasty, the leg reminded me of carnitas and the belly was so tender and succulent, we accompanied with Truchard Cabernet. The rest of our group got Chicken Roulade. Both dishes came with tasty vegetables. No dessert for this table: too much delicious food. Oh well, we must go back for dessert another time. However on our way out each of us got two cookies. I almost forgot! They have their own sodas and those are better than all of those sodas you can get anywhere.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

On a recent trip to Omaha I went to the Grey Plume and was very pleased with the service and the dining. We had the scallop appetizer and a salad and were delighted.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

From the first bite to last dinner was superb. The scallops were sweet and tender, cooked to perfection. The duck fat fries were a pleasant surprise. We had the trout and Wagyu beef, both dishes were exceptional. The decor is clean and crisp, staff friendly. Placement of the table we were given is the only thing I would change. It was just the two of us and we were seated next to a table were water, menus and such were kept. It almost felt as the table had just been placed there to accommodate the busy evening. Next time we come to Omaha I would go back to eat and ask to not be seated at that table.