“Great Location for a Great Brand”

Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I love almost everything about the Staybridge Suites branded hotels and this location in West Omaha is among the best I have experienced. The rooms are quiet and well furnished. I appreciate all the extra places to plug in cell phone chargers and computers. The wireless and wired internet connections worked well. The breakfast offerings were outstanding (except for the microwave bacon). This is the only hotel chain I where I actually prefer having breakfast there rather than a local restaurant. The largely African-American staff provided outstanding customer service. The location was quite a distance from most of the attractions in Omaha but close to a mall and the Children's Hospital. The price is a little higher but I gladly paid for the quality of the room and facility.

Room Tip: The two elevators are slow so think twice about a room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2014

Thank you for the feedback on your stay a the Staybridge Suites, Omaha! I will pass these kind words on to my staff. Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We were more than satisfied with our stay at the Omaha 80th and Dodge Staybridge (SB). The property was well maintained and was located n close proximity to loads of Omaha attractions and restaurants. Echo, the housekeeping supervisor, stands out as a superlative example of the very best personality and response in a customer-focused operation. There was a convenient walking trail close by that provided excellent exercise and touring opportunities. For food nearby, we recommend "Foodies," healthy and fresh at great prices. The desk staff, although a bit aloof, was nevertheless helpful in every way. The SB would do well to develop a policy defining how to deal with rude and inconsiderate users of the on-site laundry facility. We especially appreciated the evening light meal fare and wine/beer tasting opportunities. Very good touch! My wife and I will gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: A room on the back side would be more quite, but any room is just fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Thank you very much for the feedback of our hotel; I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. I will make sure to pass your comments on to my Executive Housekeeper, Echo. We hope to see you soon at the Staybridge Suites of Omaha!
Thank you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

The staff at this Staybridge is top notch.......stayed 9 days and Echo, Nate and general manager Taylor were just superb folks. The food is good, the rooms are clean and neat. The food is provided on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Nate who heads up engineering dept there grills outdoors. Angus Burgers and Brats on Wednesday nights. Love the job that Echo does as well, she heads up the housekeeping and morning kitchen breakfast buffer which is quite good as well. I got to know Taylor the general manager an she is top notch.

I travel the country and this is at least my 5th Staybridge Stay but it was also my top stay of any of the others. I stay on the road 40 weeks a year and, THIS motel is truly a 5 star place to stay and would never stay anywhere but here again if in Omaha.

Chris

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for the great feedback of your stay at the Staybridge Suites, Omaha! I really appreciate all the kinds words. I am very happy to hear your extended stay was up to your standards. I will definitely pass this message on to the employees; we pride ourselves on great service, cleanliness and of course, great breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Staff are very helpful and courteous, suites tasteful and well appointed. Breakfast is great and the social evenings (drinks and food) mean you don't have to eat out. Supermarket and organic foods nearby, lots of restaurants and a shuttle bus service. Was exactly what I needed. Only quibble would be the arctic air conditioning with only on/off setting, but I guess Omaha needs that sometimes.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for the feedback! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guest service is our top priority at the Staybridge Suites, Omaha. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Omaha!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

VERY nice hotel..Staff is helpful and friendly. As a wheelchair user, I am used to tight spaces. Not here..There is enough room to move around comfortably. Roll in shower is great except for the water drainage. Must cover floor with towels. Needs more of a slope back to wall so water does not go everywhere. I like that I get a snack at check in!! Wish the price was a little lower.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you so much for the feedback about your recent stay at Staybridge Suites! I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will talk with my Chief Engineer about the roll-in shower issue and see if we can find a possible better solution. I hope we can see you again at our hotel! Thank you again.

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I made a reservation two months ago for a two bedroom suite for our family (me, wife, 2 kids). This is an extremely busy weekend in Omaha (high school graduations and other activities) and we knew rooms would be scarce, and hotels that offer 2 bedroom suites are hard to find. Received a call two days ago from someone at the hotel claiming "someone needed our room" and would we agree to taking 2 separate double rooms. I said no, explained we would have done that originally if that is what we wanted, and had her confirm my reservation had not changed. Thinking that was odd, I called the hotel a few hours later and spoke with a gentleman who said the call I received shouldn't have happened and again confirmed my reservation. Since then, no email suggesting any change, either. We showed up today, and I gave the desk person my name and she immediately said our room was given to someone else and they were putting us in two double rooms. She could offer no explanation for how this occurred, and said there was nothing she could do. We left. After a long search we got lucky and found rooms at another hotel, of course, more expensive, but given the bait and swithch treatment we received, no way were we going to pay money to Staybridge. Six hours later, no return call from the manager. Most bizarre and dishonest situation we have ever encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank hawkeyes4

hawkeyes4,

Thank you for providing us with feedback! I want to apologize again for the reservation issue. As an extended stay hotel, we do have guests that stay with us for numerous reasons (cancer treatment, relocation, training, etc) and these guests sometimes need to extend their stay. I am currenly working with my front desk staff on a better way to get in contact with guests if issues like this arise. Please feel free to contact me at taylor.tucker@ldhg.com or call me at 402-933-8901 if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you again!

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here for one night this weekend to visit a family member in the hospital. It is about a 15 minute drive from UNMC. There were 6 adults. We had the two bedroom suite. 1 room had a king bed, the other 2 queens. 2 bathrooms. Full kitchen, small living and dining room area. The hotel is neat and clean. A little hard to get to, you can see it from Dodge, but have to turn ahead of it and it faces a side street. We used the pool, nice, but there is no hot tub.
We all enjoyed the breakfast in the am. Plenty of selection, and we even ate outdoors.
Great value acutally. We booked online for the weekend price of $163.00. They offered a discount for the hospital at $169. The room price is usually about $249.00. But when you consider 6 adults and a great breakfast, all a good value.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Staybridge Suites Omaha, NE. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family and that the breakfast was up to your standards! I'm certain other travelers will enjoy reading your review and find the value in our hotel and the amenities that we offer. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again!