“Great Place to Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Sharon, IA
“Great Place to Stay”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Clean property, nice breakfast and all the amenities. The pillows are not that nice, so you might want to bring your own. If you need more towels you have to go down and get them, your room is not cleaned like staying in a motel it is more for long term guests. They have a cool movie room off the breakfast area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Amy,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites here in Omaha! We do appreciate your comments regarding our cleanliness, breakfast and amenities and thank you for your feedback regarding our pillows. We are currently going through a transition of pillows and will have all brand new pillows in every guest room by the end of March! We hope to see you in the future and should you need anything more, do not hesitate to contact me directly at 402.933.8901.

Regards,

Greg Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed February 18, 2013

OK, so I had several trips with my wife & kids to Omaha when we were deciding whether or not to move. With kids you cannot just afford to eat out every meal. Plus my wife cannot eat just anywhere (food issues). So having a kitchen in the suite was a must and this hotel has the absolute best layout in terms of suites. We have stayed in both a King Studio and a 1 Bedroom suite. The hotel is nearly brand new, the staff was very helpful and remembered us on our 2nd visit, and when something minor went wrong they more than made up for it. The location is really good for access to any part of the city (although the hotel is not "easy" to find the first time) and there is plenty of shopping and dining within a few blocks or at most a couple miles. This is near Methodist & Children's hospitals so it's not an area you would walk around unless you were going over there, but it is very convenient (right off Dodge St) to get downtown or to the airport, very close to I-680, and only 15-20 minutes to get all the way to the farthest west suburb of Elkhorn. If we hadn't moved here we would have stayed here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel, I am very pleased to see that you feel our Staybridge Suites is the best hotel in Omaha! You gave an excellent description of our amenities, location, and hotel room layout and I'm glad to see that you were given all the accommodations you require. We hope to see you in the future!

Take Care,

Fargo, ND
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 days. There was a small issue with the kitchen when I got to my room but the housekeeping personnel corrected it quickly. I would definitely stay here again. Infact I WILL be back in a week and a half. The bed was comfy, The employees are friendly, the breakfast was delicious, and the exercise room has what I need. Plus the location is fantastic. Stay here, you will NOT regret it

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank suzb_00
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Staybridge Suites in Omaha and for your recommendation to other travelers! I am glad to read that we resolved an issue with your kitchen right away and that you will be returning very soon! I will certainly share your review with our staff and we look forward to your return trip in a week.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I lived in the Staybridge for over 5 months. I would recommend the Staybridge to anyone who needs a place to stay for a day or a month. I enjoyed the hot breakfasts and the manager's reception. It really was a home away from home. Thank you Mark, Echo, Nate, Lindsey, Greg, Jeff, Jake, Megan, Justine, Marie and all the other Staybridge employees I have left out for a great experience. A++

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank mussell4u
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Matt,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We sincerely appreciate you choosing our hotel as your home away from home. Also, thank you for mentioning our breakfast and evening social reception and for your recommendation to travelers! I will certainly share your words with our staff and all of us at the Staybridge Suites hope to see you again in the future.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to be near Methodist Hospital. Location was excellent. Breakfast more than adequate. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Used the exercise room and the pool and enjoyed. Perfect in every way. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Michael L
Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review and for the description of our location and amenities. I will certainly share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Omaha!

Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My five-member family stayed here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I had read the previous reviews that mentioned the thin walls/ceilings (and they were dead-on), but with three teenagers, a second bathroom is always a treat, so I went ahead and booked.

The check-in was OK -- but she forgot that I was a Priority Club member, so I had to remind her that I thought they offered PC members water and a treat upon check-in. (They do.)

The room was really pretty (the whole hotel was well-kept and newish), and the 2-bedroom layout was wonderful. The bed was WAY too soft for me (backache for two days afterward), but my kids thought theirs were extremely comfortable, so that's a toss-up.

The pool was pretty good-sized and not ice-cold like so many hotels keep theirs -- that was a BIG bonus for us. (No hot tub -- that was a bummer.)

The TV does not offer pay-per-view movies, which is something we enjoy (there is a DVD player, though, if you come prepared). And without a TV Guide channel, flipping through channels on a Saturday night is a dangerous practice when you have kids in the room!

Certainly the most disappointing portion of our stay was breakfast. Even though it was supposed to be open until 10:30, it was pretty much a bust when we arrived at 10. The oatmeal was gone, the waffle batter was gone, and the coffee was cold. I looked for the attendant to ask for more but couldn't find her -- and no one was at the front desk when I checked. But then about 10:25, both the attendant and front desk clerk showed up with two other people -- and, lo and behold, there was suddenly more waffle batter! And then they all sat down and had themselves some waffles.

When we checked out, my husband (who HATES complaining) mentioned our disappointment to the front desk clerk; she gave him a rather blank look and indifferently said, "Oh. That's too bad." And that was that.

And that was the last time we will ever stay at the Staybridge in Omaha. We were giving them a shot because of the 2BR/2BA layout, but we'll be back at the Embassy Suites (LaVista) the next time we're in town!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Amy,

Thank you for staying at our Staybridge Suites in Omaha and for your review of our hotel. I apologize that your experience at our hotel did not exceed your expectations. We take tremendous pride in our goal of outstanding customer service and we continuely strive to improve our operation. If you could please private message me the next time you plan on returning to Omaha, I would greatly appreciate it! Feel free to contact me anytime at 402-933-8901.

Regards,

Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family of 3 ended up here because the hotel accepts pets. Their pet area is VERY NICE.

However, the pull out couch was damaged. My son had to sleep on the floor the first night. My husband sliced 2 fingers on the couch because of the surprise metal in the couch.

The hotel replaced the couch on the following day without a word of empathy for the disruptions.

The guest appreciation meals consist of mostly salads. The breakfast is standard.

There is no oven in the room, just a cooktop. Our son has dietary needs, so we usually cook on our trips. However, one of the cooktops was not working. I fiddled with it and finally got it working.

Room Tip: The junior suite is small for 2 adults and a child.