“Perfect in every way”

Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights to be near Methodist Hospital. Location was excellent. Breakfast more than adequate. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. Used the exercise room and the pool and enjoyed. Perfect in every way. Thank you.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michael L
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel a review and for the description of our location and amenities. I will certainly share your kind words with our staff and we look forward to serving you on your next trip to Omaha!

Take care,

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My five-member family stayed here to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I had read the previous reviews that mentioned the thin walls/ceilings (and they were dead-on), but with three teenagers, a second bathroom is always a treat, so I went ahead and booked.

The check-in was OK -- but she forgot that I was a Priority Club member, so I had to remind her that I thought they offered PC members water and a treat upon check-in. (They do.)

The room was really pretty (the whole hotel was well-kept and newish), and the 2-bedroom layout was wonderful. The bed was WAY too soft for me (backache for two days afterward), but my kids thought theirs were extremely comfortable, so that's a toss-up.

The pool was pretty good-sized and not ice-cold like so many hotels keep theirs -- that was a BIG bonus for us. (No hot tub -- that was a bummer.)

The TV does not offer pay-per-view movies, which is something we enjoy (there is a DVD player, though, if you come prepared). And without a TV Guide channel, flipping through channels on a Saturday night is a dangerous practice when you have kids in the room!

Certainly the most disappointing portion of our stay was breakfast. Even though it was supposed to be open until 10:30, it was pretty much a bust when we arrived at 10. The oatmeal was gone, the waffle batter was gone, and the coffee was cold. I looked for the attendant to ask for more but couldn't find her -- and no one was at the front desk when I checked. But then about 10:25, both the attendant and front desk clerk showed up with two other people -- and, lo and behold, there was suddenly more waffle batter! And then they all sat down and had themselves some waffles.

When we checked out, my husband (who HATES complaining) mentioned our disappointment to the front desk clerk; she gave him a rather blank look and indifferently said, "Oh. That's too bad." And that was that.

And that was the last time we will ever stay at the Staybridge in Omaha. We were giving them a shot because of the 2BR/2BA layout, but we'll be back at the Embassy Suites (LaVista) the next time we're in town!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Amy,

Thank you for staying at our Staybridge Suites in Omaha and for your review of our hotel. I apologize that your experience at our hotel did not exceed your expectations. We take tremendous pride in our goal of outstanding customer service and we continuely strive to improve our operation. If you could please private message me the next time you plan on returning to Omaha, I would greatly appreciate it! Feel free to contact me anytime at 402-933-8901.

Regards,

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My family of 3 ended up here because the hotel accepts pets. Their pet area is VERY NICE.

However, the pull out couch was damaged. My son had to sleep on the floor the first night. My husband sliced 2 fingers on the couch because of the surprise metal in the couch.

The hotel replaced the couch on the following day without a word of empathy for the disruptions.

The guest appreciation meals consist of mostly salads. The breakfast is standard.

There is no oven in the room, just a cooktop. Our son has dietary needs, so we usually cook on our trips. However, one of the cooktops was not working. I fiddled with it and finally got it working.

Room Tip: The junior suite is small for 2 adults and a child.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced during your stay, as our goal at Staybridge Suites is to ensure 100% satisfaction among all of our guests. Please send me a private message with your contact information as I would like to reach out to you regarding your stay. I hope to speak with you in the near future.

Thank you and I appreciate your understanding,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Location: Excellent. Located right across the street from Children's Hospital, a close drive to all locations in Omaha! Lots of convenience with: multiple restaurants, bars, a grocery store and cinema are within short driving distance.

Parking: Open and free.

Atmosphere: Very homey and comfortable.

Added bonus: I am a priority club member! A treat basket to choose something out of at check in AND a bottle of water? Gracious!!!

Service: Check-in was quick and painless. The staff was wonderful! Each and every member of their team is dedicated to making your stay memorable. Everyone is so kind I am glad I was able to visit for a short time. They are quick with service and responded with an answer when I had an issue with the TV. Housekeepers were very efficent too!

Guest floors: The hallways are comfortable, like walking down the hallway of your own home.

Guest rooms: Beautiful rooms! My room was wonderfully free of ridiculous marketing propaganda and wi-fi is fast and free.

Gym: Very homey feel and is great!

Freebies: Breakfast, dinner reception T/W/TH, wi-fi, shuttle.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank James M

James,

Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and give such great detail on the amenities our hotel offers. Your description of our hotel, staff, and attractions in the area were excellent! We hope to see you again on your next trip to Omaha!

Take care,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

There were many factors that made my first stay enjoyable. To start off the breakfast they serve has been one of the best I have had. They have such an assortment of food! The kitchen staff is always a joy to be around. It is nice to have the option to bring your food up to your suite.
The suites have kitchenettes in them! Fully equipped too with utensils, silverware, pots, pans, glasses, etc. You have room to move around in the suites. Also, every room is a suite! Even the most basic room is high quality.
Next I would like to discuss the staff. This location has the most amazing staff. You can tell they really do care about your opinion. They go out of their way to make sure you, the guest, is taken care of. Every single department is friendly. Front desk is always wears a welcoming smile. Maintenance is there to help if you have even the slightest of issue. Managers actually step out of the office to take care of the guests.
All of these factors (plus the free food, free drinks, and free alcoholic beverages on Tuesdays-Thursdays) make what I consider to be the best hotel in Omaha. Take that back, the best hotel in the midwest. Maybe even the nation. Thank you Staybridge! You will see me around!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank MahSco
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel! We do appreciate you taking time out of your day to provide us, as well as other travelers, with a thorough review while giving your opinion. Your review of our amenities, guestrooms, and staff was fantastic and we are glad to hear you feel so highly of our Staybridge Suites!

We hope to see you soon. Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

I liked staying here for several weeks over the last summer. However, the internet service was always a problem for me.

When I travel, the internet service is really the most important thing. When i get back from working, I am not done for the day. I continue to work after i settle in.

As a hotel focuesed on business travelers, it really is unacceptable to have sub-par internet speeds for their guests. Also, there was no paid option, if I wanted a better internet connection.

Room Tip: Don't get the back of the hotel, There's an alley in the back with dumpters that are emptied...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Michael,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I sincerely apologize that our internet service was problematic during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being a home away from home for our business travelers and it is unfortunate you experienced this during your stay, as our goal is to exceed every guest's expectation. If you could please send me a private message, I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Should you need any lodging needs, please contact me directly at 402-933-8901 and I will certainly ensure your complete satisfaction.

Take Care,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

After a long drive and leaving one motel we contacted Staybridge and the manager there was awsome...got us into a great room, at a great price. The breakfast is a great addition to the morning as you don't have to go out and get something. Zio's pizza in the back alley is very good. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were very nice and roomy. I can say nothing bad about this place as it was an absolute pleasure to stay there after we were quite down from having to leave our other motel (Ramada) because of closing of the pool.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank buzter

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you after a long drive and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you on your next trip to Omaha and should you need anything from us, do not hesitate to contact me or the hotel!

Regards,