“Great hotel, but Internet service was unacceptable”

Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfield, Ohio, United States
“Great hotel, but Internet service was unacceptable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I liked staying here for several weeks over the last summer. However, the internet service was always a problem for me.

When I travel, the internet service is really the most important thing. When i get back from working, I am not done for the day. I continue to work after i settle in.

As a hotel focuesed on business travelers, it really is unacceptable to have sub-par internet speeds for their guests. Also, there was no paid option, if I wanted a better internet connection.

Room Tip: Don't get the back of the hotel, There's an alley in the back with dumpters that are emptied...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Michael,

Thank you for your time in reviewing our hotel. I sincerely apologize that our internet service was problematic during your stay with us. We pride ourselves on being a home away from home for our business travelers and it is unfortunate you experienced this during your stay, as our goal is to exceed every guest's expectation. If you could please send me a private message, I would like to discuss your stay in further detail. Should you need any lodging needs, please contact me directly at 402-933-8901 and I will certainly ensure your complete satisfaction.

Take Care,

Greg Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hartford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

After a long drive and leaving one motel we contacted Staybridge and the manager there was awsome...got us into a great room, at a great price. The breakfast is a great addition to the morning as you don't have to go out and get something. Zio's pizza in the back alley is very good. Staff was very nice and helpful. Rooms were very nice and roomy. I can say nothing bad about this place as it was an absolute pleasure to stay there after we were quite down from having to leave our other motel (Ramada) because of closing of the pool.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank buzter
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am very glad that we were able to accommodate you after a long drive and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you on your next trip to Omaha and should you need anything from us, do not hesitate to contact me or the hotel!

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Never stayed in a Staybridge before. This one was a great find. Used Tripadvisor to find this place after finding out our original choice was sold out. Hotel is about 5 -7 miles from the highway. Check in/out was friendly and efficient. The coffee was really good! Makes all the difference. Breakfast was standard. Place was very clean. Room was really clean with nice finishes. Had a small kitchen area with Refrigerator, stove w/two electric burners, microwave and dishes and utensils. Room had one very comfortable queen bed and one very uncomfortable sofa sleeper (my only complaint). Bathroom had the best vent/fan I have ever experienced! The bathroom never felt musty or damp.

When you check in, you have to sign a non-smoking disclaimer. If they catch you smoking you can get fined. To some I'm sure this will not go over well, but I really liked the extra step the hotel made to make sure the place is kept non-smoking.

Room Tip: About 5 - 7 miles from highway (1-80, I think).
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 8isenuff
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you decided to book your stay with our hotel in Omaha! You wrote a very good description of the room, location, and amenities of our hotel. Our staff is very proud of our hotel and we enjoy reading great reviews from our guests. I do apologize that the sofa sleeper did not exceed your expectations. Also, thank you for noting the non-smoking feature of our hotel. We take tremendous pride in our non-smoking hotel and want all our guests to be able to enjoy themselves without having any issues during their stay, we do appreciate your understanding!

We look forward to serving you again on your next trip to Omaha!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The room was large and clean and had a small kitchen. Both wired and wireless internet was available in the room. Bed was comfortable and had a large selection of different pillows from which to choose. Breakfast was excellent and the complimentary dinner for 2 of our nights was a treat.
Several staff went out of their way to be helpful. Has a 24 hour fitness center and an indoor pool. Has complimentary laundry machines.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JDMc123456
We appreciate the review and are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer! You wrote an excellent review of many amenities that we offer here at the Staybridge Suites and I'm sure this review will not go unnoticed! Please come visit us again on your next trip to Omaha!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I had a wonderful experience here the bed was comfortable, the room clean, everything you'd want in a home away from home. I only was staying for a couple hours, I checked in really late, and the lady at the desk (I think her was Christine) was very efficient, sincere, helpful, and gave great directions to get me to my room and headed on my way for the morning. I regret that I couldn't meet the rest of the staff if she is an example of this hotel's excellence. I recommend this hotel with two ecstatic thumbs up!

Room Tip: Upper floor. Odd numbered rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank albell1977
Thank you very much for your review. I am thrilled to read you enjoyed your stay and would recommend our hotel! I'm glad to hear that our front desk was able to efficiently take care of your requests at check-in. We hope to see you in the future and look forward to serving your needs!

Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

Had a wonderful experience at the Staybridge. I would like to thank Megan, Jake, Jeff, Mark, and Greg, and whoever else I forgot. This is my first time to Omaha working for DirecTv. They all made my stay memorable. The social nights were a good time and an opportunity to meet other guests. I will stay here again and recommend the Staybridge to others. Thanks guys...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave C
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your review, Dave! You are the second DirecTV guy to post a review here and we at the Staybridge really appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to give us feedback. We were sad to see your team leave, however, we are looking forward to serving you in the future!

Thanks again!

Slidell, La
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very favorably impressed. Rooms were very clean, nicely decorated and very well laid out. The hotel is located a block off very busy Dodge St, but was fairly quiet. There are many businesses close by and a number of restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast each morning was very good and there was some variety from day to day. The gym was spacious and well stocked. They have a "managers special" 3 days a week which seems to consist of a salad bar and one entree, such as pizza. The staff were very friendly and professional. All in all, a very nice experience. Would definently go back.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JudySlidell
Excellent review, Judy! I really enjoyed reading your review, thank you for sharing so much of your experience with us and the Tripadivisor community. We hope to see you again in the future and are looking forward to exceeding your expectations.

Take care,