“Decent but a little pricy”

Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing
Ranked #121 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cantina Laredo is known for having Omaha's best margaritas and Top Shelf Guacamole prepared tableside. The menu features modern Mexican dishes served in a sophisticated atmosphere. Enjoy daily fish specials, amazing enchiladas, tacos and fajitas. With a menu of constantly changing specialty margaritas and a variety of hard-to-find premium tequilas, the bar is a happening Happy Hour hot spot. Sunday Brunch is to-die-for. In the warmer months, bring Fido along to enjoy our dog-friendly outdoor patio. Can't decide what to order? Start out with a Casa 'Rita and Top Shelf Guacamole. For lunch, savor the Carnitas Tacos or Enchiladas Veracruz. At dinner, try the Chipotle Chicken Fajitas or Carne Asada with chimichurri sauce. Choose from many delicious vegetarian options, like Avocado Enchiladas. For dessert, the decadent, sizzling Mexican Brownie helps you say "adios" - until next time, that is! Planning a party? Reserve the elegant private dining room. There's no minimum and no room fee. The space includes a sound and video system and seats 36. Or, reserve a spot on the outdoor patio, overlooking beautiful Turner Park. The shaded patio is available for groups of up to 64. Please reserve early.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We ate dinner here tonight for our 8th anniversary. Their salsas are tasty and they will bring you more chips and salsa without asking. We shared the botanas appetizer which included a chicken empanada crab cake and an ahi tuna mini taco for each of us. I really enjoyed the crab cake and my husband liked the empanada. The mini tacos were ok but i couldnt tell they had tuna in them and the crispy shells were soggy when we got them. Sunday is $2 bloody mary day so we enjoyed a couple of those. Not bad. My hubby ordered carne asada with shrimp which cost over $20. His serving was extremely small and he only received one shrimp. It did taste good though. I ordered the tres fajitas which had beef chicken and also had 3 bacon wrapped shrimp which cost about $19. My shrimp were VERY overcooked and the bacon somewhat charred but they had a really nice smoky flavor and if cooked properly would be a major home run. My beef and chicken were delicious. I would order this dish again if i returned, but im not sure we would given the issues we did have. The food was good for sure, with the exceptions mentioned. I will say that this place is difficult to get to if you are disabled. We found a handicapped parking space easily in the parking garage but upon entering we had to go down many steps which was difficult for me. I think there may be another entrance somewhere but not anywhere we saw. Our server was excellent.

Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Jody, thanks for joining us and leaving your review.! Please give me (Marcus, general manager) a call if you'd like to discuss any of your concerns: 402-345-6000.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My fiance and I went here on Saturday night and came away satisfied. The fajitas were good and my fiance thought the fish tacos were spicy but also pretty good. The one thing we did go away saying was that there are probably better Mexican restaurants in Omaha that we've eaten at but Cantina Laredo has a good enough atmosphere and is close to the Midtown Cinema where we might go back.

Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Derek, thanks for joining us. I'm glad you enjoyed your meal! Since you enjoyed our fajitas and tacos, I bet you'll love our Taco Tuesday (all tacos and Tecate just $2) and Fajitas Wednesday (half-off fajitas). Thanks for the nice review, and I hope we'll see you again soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Went on a weekday evening, fairly early. Lots of TVs to watch. It is like they don't want you to talk to each other when having a meal. The guac is very very good, but the rest of the meal was below average. The beef enchilada was luke warm and drab, no flavor. The fish my spouse had was dry and pasty. Not very good. The server kept pushing the margaritas, we are not drinkers and we thought the first no thank you would suffice. Not so. Apparently the food tastes better after a few drinks. Parking is difficult, the food is ordinary, the price is above average, the atmosphere is more like a sports bar than a restaurant. Probably a booming place on a football Saturday or NFL sunday but don't go there for the food.

Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Please give me (Marcus, general manager) or Karli a call, so we can sort this out. I want everyone to leave having had a great experience, so please call me at 402-345-6000.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great food. Especially for those that are gluten cautious. Great atmosphere. Love the bartender, sit there is you are solo.

Charles, thanks for stopping by and leaving this great review! I'm glad you got to try our wide gluten-free options and delicious cocktails. See you again soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a very convenient restaurant in downtown Omaha. They make guacomole table-side - yum. This time, opted for fish tacos and they were very well done! They also make a mean mojito.

Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thanks for joining us and leaving this glowing review! Our fish tacos are a favorite among many, and everyone seems to love our signature tableside Top Shelf Guacamole. Hope to see you in again soon.