“Tasty food, service needs help”

Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing
Ranked #206 of 1,343 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Cantina Laredo is known for having Omaha's best margaritas and Top Shelf Guacamole prepared tableside. The menu features modern Mexican dishes served in a sophisticated atmosphere. Enjoy daily fish specials, amazing enchiladas, tacos and fajitas. With a menu of constantly changing specialty margaritas and a variety of hard-to-find premium tequilas, the bar is a happening Happy Hour hot spot. Sunday Brunch is to-die-for. In the warmer months, bring Fido along to enjoy our dog-friendly outdoor patio. Can't decide what to order? Start out with a Casa 'Rita and Top Shelf Guacamole. For lunch, savor the Carnitas Tacos or Enchiladas Veracruz. At dinner, try the Chipotle Chicken Fajitas or Carne Asada with chimichurri sauce. Choose from many delicious vegetarian options, like Avocado Enchiladas. For dessert, the decadent, sizzling Mexican Brownie helps you say "adios" - until next time, that is! Planning a party? Reserve the elegant private dining room. There's no minimum and no room fee. The space includes a sound and video system and seats 36. Or, reserve a spot on the outdoor patio, overlooking beautiful Turner Park. The shaded patio is available for groups of up to 64. Please reserve early.
Omaha, NE
“Tasty food, service needs help”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The food is always tasty, but the service is inconsistent. We've been five times and don't plan to return. We don't usually go for so much uncertainty, but the chips and salsa and fish tacos are so tasty, we ignored the weird service we'd had and hoped for better. It didn't get better, so we've decided to call it quits with Cantina Laredo. The last time we were there, the place was empty - us and two tables, one person at the bar. There were 2 servers and a bartender (presumably a manager somewhere), so we should've received (at least) good service. It was terrible.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HootCheech
Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
You deserve to be treated like royalty. I'm not sure who was working when you were here, but I apologize regardless. Please give me (Marcus) or Karli a call at 402-345-6000 to discuss more. Thanks for reviewing.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good ambiance”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The atmosphere is good for an urban restaurant. Food is fair. I ordered the chicken enchiladas. The waitress insisted it was not hot, but it was. Portions are small. The chips and salsa services are good and the extra guacamole was worth the price. In general I can recommend it for a good and fine tex-mex time. Very centrally located in doentown Omaha. Great parking nearby.

• Visited June 2013
Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your experience. I apologize for the confusion with the heat of the enchiladas. If you'd like to talk more about this or anything else, please give me (Marcus) or Kiley a call at 402-345-6000. Thanks for stopping by!
Issaquah, Washington
“Pretty good”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We had a large party in the back room here, and the food was good, but nothing special. The service was very good for a large party - very attentive to our needs. The food though, was just pretty much like any other Mexican place you eat. I will give them the benefit of the doubt though - we had our meal buffet style, and pretty basic for the large party. Just make your own fajita/taco bar. Like I said, nothing too special, but the place has potential, and I'd like to eat here again, when not in a large group.

Visited June 2013
Marcus W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hey thanks for joining us! Our private dining room is special, partly because there's no room fee, meaning guests can enjoy their group dinners without worrying about added costs. I'd love to hear any ideas you may have for how we can make our buffet better. Feel free to call me (Marcus) or Karli at 402-345-6000. Thanks for the review!
Omaha
“OK food, unkind server”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the first time I dined at Cantina Laredo. We had a party of six and visited on a Monday evening for dinner. The food was absolutely just fine but our server, Jose, was unbelievably sarcastic and rude while trying to pretend he was kidding. For example, a woman in my group asked if she could have extra sour cream. Our server said, "No, you'll get what I give you and you'll like it." Not very funny coming from anyone and especially not funny from a server at an over priced restaurant. This was just one of many sarcastic and rude comments made. Again the food was fine but server made me sick.

• Visited June 2013
Gordon W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
So sorry, you should have been treated better. I will personally speak with him to make sure this never happens again. Please feel free to call me (Marcus) or Karli to talk more: 402-345-6000. Thanks for your review.
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good food, but pricy”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food is good and I like the way they prepare the guacamole right in front of you. The food is good, I had the fish tacos, but is a little pricy. I took a client there, so the price wasn't bad for a business lunch, but if you are on your own dime, I'd go to a Hectors

Visited October 2012
Thanks for joining us! I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Feel free to call and speak with me (Marcus) or Karli if you any questions: 402-345-6000. Thanks for your review.