“OK food, unkind server”

Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing
Ranked #156 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Cantina Laredo is known for having Omaha's best margaritas and Top Shelf Guacamole prepared tableside. The menu features modern Mexican dishes served in a sophisticated atmosphere. Enjoy daily fish specials, amazing enchiladas, tacos and fajitas. With a menu of constantly changing specialty margaritas and a variety of hard-to-find premium tequilas, the bar is a happening Happy Hour hot spot. Sunday Brunch is to-die-for. In the warmer months, bring Fido along to enjoy our dog-friendly outdoor patio. Can't decide what to order? Start out with a Casa 'Rita and Top Shelf Guacamole. For lunch, savor the Carnitas Tacos or Enchiladas Veracruz. At dinner, try the Chipotle Chicken Fajitas or Carne Asada with chimichurri sauce. Choose from many delicious vegetarian options, like Avocado Enchiladas. For dessert, the decadent, sizzling Mexican Brownie helps you say "adios" - until next time, that is! Planning a party? Reserve the elegant private dining room. There's no minimum and no room fee. The space includes a sound and video system and seats 36. Or, reserve a spot on the outdoor patio, overlooking beautiful Turner Park. The shaded patio is available for groups of up to 64. Please reserve early.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This was the first time I dined at Cantina Laredo. We had a party of six and visited on a Monday evening for dinner. The food was absolutely just fine but our server, Jose, was unbelievably sarcastic and rude while trying to pretend he was kidding. For example, a woman in my group asked if she could have extra sour cream. Our server said, "No, you'll get what I give you and you'll like it." Not very funny coming from anyone and especially not funny from a server at an over priced restaurant. This was just one of many sarcastic and rude comments made. Again the food was fine but server made me sick.

Gordon W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

So sorry, you should have been treated better. I will personally speak with him to make sure this never happens again. Please feel free to call me (Marcus) or Karli to talk more: 402-345-6000. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food is good and I like the way they prepare the guacamole right in front of you. The food is good, I had the fish tacos, but is a little pricy. I took a client there, so the price wasn't bad for a business lunch, but if you are on your own dime, I'd go to a Hectors

Thanks for joining us! I'm glad you enjoyed everything. Feel free to call and speak with me (Marcus) or Karli if you any questions: 402-345-6000. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took business colleagues to lunch that had never been to the Cantina. The freshly-made guacamole is always delicious and the waitress had a delightful sense of humor. My California colleague could not believe that authentic Mexican food could be found in Omaha. He has now become a believer! Yummy fish tacos and the best tortilla soup I have ever had---loaded with perfectly spiced chicken. The soup coupled with the guacamole and fresh chips was a meal in itself. A definite stop when in Midtown.

Gordon W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

It's great to hear your-of-town colleagues enjoyed the experience so much. Our staff does a great job representing Omaha! Thanks for reviewing.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were in Omaha for a weekend get away and looked at tripadvisor for a good Mexican restaurant...Cantina Laredo was close to Old Market so we tried it. It is located in an area with shops, restaurants, etc (close to The Element hotel). Very classy feel to it. Full bar great wait staff...friendly, attentive. Unlike many restaurants, they keep the chips and salsa coming without a person having to ask. We were there on a Friday evening and were able to get in on happy hour! We ended up just eating the queso w/carne and table side guacamole. They were both amazing! So much so, that before we left town on Sunday, we stopped there again! This time we had the queso and Mahi Tacos...delicious! Highly recommend you give it a try! Another plus, they offer outdoor seating and have an open air area so if you do eat inside, you can still enjoy the feeling of the outdoors without having to endure the elements.

Gordon W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time in Omaha and at Cantina Laredo! Thanks for joining us!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Be sure to try the guacomole made tableside. Great atmosphere and very good selection of menu items. I especially liked the fish tacos.

Gordon W, General Manager at Cantina Laredo Omaha - Mexican in Midtown Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

It's always great to hear from our customers! If you liked the fish tacos, you will love Taco Tuesday. All tacos and Tecate just $2 all day.